Everything posted by logiclee
-
Hastings asking for car photos.
I insured it with the Superb's original plates first. I'm thinking back to when I was looking to swap I may have done a quote on a comparison site for a Superb with aftermarket wheels. The Superb's I have bought has the factory wheels although they are an option wheel from new.
-
Hastings asking for car photos.
I have a private plate that's been on numerous vehicles, have just changed the car, have changed from on drive to in a locked garage and have down graded my annual mileage. Not sure if that would have raised flags.
-
Hastings asking for car photos.
I'm 3/4 of the way through the policy. Renewal is in July. But I've just swapped cars. My house insurance is with them as well. They have lost all my business come renewal.
-
Hastings asking for car photos.
Their own website says factory options are not classed as modifications. A quick Google shows Hastings are doing this often and a few people have open cases with the ombudsman?
-
Hastings asking for car photos.
This is a first. Just swapped Skoda's from Karoq to Superb My current provider is Hastings. They have asked for numerous photos from every angle inside and out and I must include driving licence in every shot. The tone of the email is very aggressive and suggests they will cancel the policy in 7 days without the photos. The car is just under a year old and is exactly specified as it left the factory but it did have some factory options. I've sent the photos through and will report back after I've spoken to them tomorrow.
-
Skoda Finance Redemption
Just a heads up to anyone one thinking of doing this today. I've recently swapped my Karoq for a Superb. Finance offer was £250 towards deposit and two free services. On the 15th Day I've asked for a settlement figure and it's £354 more than the financed amount. I've asked for a breakdown of the costs but they have changed several things recently including showing a fixed price for dealership commission. It was still worth doing as I've got two services for £104 but quite a bit of hassle.
-
The Superb III Picture thread
7 hours just on the paint and I had a professional do the Paint Correction. The car is less than a year old and done just 5k miles but if you've seen my other thread the paint was full of swirls and marring from roadside car washes.
-
Used Superb from Dealer - Wet Floor
Does it have a sunroof?
-
The Superb III Picture thread
Some photos are already on my other thread but I may as well introduce the car in the main Picture thread. 2024 2.0TSi DSG L&K in petrol blue with a few options including 19" Vega Aero alloys, Massage Seats and Towbar.
-
Paint Correction and Ceramic. Less than 1 year old.
Probably should add. Wash, decontamination and paint correction £350 Ceramic £150
-
Paint Correction and Ceramic. Less than 1 year old.
While I do have my own gear I didn't fancy attempting this on every panel myself on a just bought £33k car. So I used a trusted guy who was recommended by one of the best detailers in the UK. Guy involved was Brett from https://www.facebook.com/bwvaletingdetailing My initial contact www.pwpro.co.uk I've used Paul at pwpro before but now he's just at another level price wise and £2000+ is stretching it for a Skoda. He's at supercar level now. Products used by Brett were Autosmart anti-hologram compound/polish and Autosmart Ceramic coating. Although initially it looked very bad there was actually no need to go with a 2 stage. This one sold me on his ability. Porsche just a few months old and covered just 700 miles. https://www.facebook.com/bwvaletingdetailing/posts/pfbid0zUJoBy4x7ovVCVVQhM7faLdtc9HqnceJ5E946wscrNXsKdGt81QE3RhKNXgqQPfcl?__cft__[0]=AZW1sJhKRq_Kzt6rYlGIqdild8pOhBEXITBBYjJHL-iaCi35klJqaLlObe2UGqSdBvFQKhTnkWodm8c-PeCSHxziK4gj9jW_qGO3DPTKf0Yl5n3NmIB1xtal2xAUQ8CUhlo3P831hRtER3nW1CwJixMSuZh3nCoLYS1zHE2CSXzRDEYsZ6wad_4CId_MLmNUqIc&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-R
-
Paint Correction and Ceramic. Less than 1 year old.
-
Paint Correction and Ceramic. Less than 1 year old.
After just 8 months and 5k miles in the hands of a Skoda employee my Superb had seen more than it's fair share of hand car washes, water blades and dirty sponges. One week after ownership it's time to put that right. Roof before Roof After Side before Sides after All Done
-
Help buying used Superb
Did exactly the same with my Karoq. Sold after 10 months. L&K Superb for me this time.
- Help required to correctly identify the paint on my car please?
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Today I booked the car in for full Paint Correction and Ceramic Coat.
-
Collected 2024 L&K
It needs a good detail. It was a Skoda UK car for 6 months so has seen too many £7 hand car washes. So some swirls on closer inspection. I'll get that sorted over the next few weeks.
-
Collected 2024 L&K
Well thanks everyone that offered advice in my Mk3 Vs MK4 thread So yesterday I picked up my April 24 registered 2.0 TSi L&K. Factory options. Petrol Blue, 19" Vega Aero's, massage seats and towbar that has not been used. Very pleased with it so far.
-
2023 Karoq, Selling after 10 months.
From 1st April £195 a year road tax and £425 a year for first 5 years for anything with a list price over £40k
-
2023 Karoq, Selling after 10 months.
Indeed. Not looking forward to the £620 road tax.
-
2023 Karoq, Selling after 10 months.
Don't get me wrong, the suspension is not why I'm swapping, It's something I'm not sold on, I don't think a car of this class should have torsion beam. It does add noise in the cabin and gets unsettled too easily. The main reason is the seat.
-
2023 Karoq, Selling after 10 months.
Well it doesn't seem like I've been in this section long but after 10 months I'm selling the Karoq. I bought it May last year, a 1.5TSi DSG SEL. Coming from a Yeti 2.0TDi 150 L&K it seemed the obvious choice. I knew it didn't have the fun factor of the Yeti but the tech was a major advance. But I haven't really got on with it, it's got me where I wanted to go but I never intentionally wanted to go for a drive. I found the torsion beam back end quite thumpy on poor roads. And my main issue was the long heavily sloping seat base that gave me backache after an hour or so. I've been that unfussed with it I've only done a few thousand miles in the last 10 months. So I'm swapping to a Superb 2.0TSi DSG L&K with a few options including massage seats.
-
2024 Mk3.5 2.0TSi L&K or 2024 Mk4 1.5eTSi SEL ?
I have issue trusting dealers to wash the car never mind letting them anywhere near it to do any correction. I'll put the £250 extra discount towards getting it done.
-
2024 Mk3.5 2.0TSi L&K or 2024 Mk4 1.5eTSi SEL ?
Yeh I noticed that. 😀
-
2024 Mk3.5 2.0TSi L&K or 2024 Mk4 1.5eTSi SEL ?
So another chat with the dealer this morning. They will knock off additional £250 towards paint, change the car to fixed servicing and service it before collection. I'll then take the PCP offer which gives another £250 off and gives me two free services. I'll then pay if off within 30 days. So it looks like I'll be the new owner. It was registered April 2024 so must have been one of the last.