Skip to content

logiclee

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by logiclee

  1. Coasting works in Eco and Normal. I'd say it's even more aggressive in eco.
  2. How well do the Eibach springs work with the OEM DCC dampers?
  3. It will depend on exactly what you are looking at. For me the 1.5TSi with DQ200 DSG is far more laggy and snatchy away from the line than a 2.0TSi with a DQ381 DSG. The PHEV has a DQ400E and is smooth to pull away as it can use the electric motor. A diesel? yep probably the most laggy but can't see the point nowdays unless doing mega miles and keeping it a long time.
  4. OP is UK based so as far as I know DCC has always been standard on L&K
  5. CTEK are by far the best, used by just about all the large car collection guys and supplied as standard by the likes of Ferrari, McLaren etc. https://www.amazon.co.uk/CTEK-Battery-Automatic-Temperature-Compensation/dp/B00FC42HAA/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2EC15A9MXKUWT&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.s-FFMb2ZlvtlGyYKmQPTmtRfDPlhF-UQ266XDw2irrj9yU0iPFtmAFglHT-QhfKRX-P_tUuJ0YVwvqJDiTF-sGK1yUOFW6CsVzz409ZKS3T9HdcxBlmTgjpbcLo6Xyf7ZvgL0LCUJ_Tr71i7CcSUY3g80Hl_4JjaUYHR6A9FEtTZe-f5sPHMFiAtSSD8rE-m-etseX7KnU0Oie7tzJmZOgSTW53ZYsukynQuqhsh4W7BJKPbGSnjCaspQ0-NIpHPxxNCtxBjdUKKcKnq523uZ_tCZefSEX1yC0e13rZL0KY.wTotZJ_St3QKFBbrjwKKH3PpuvqH7AQ-Wm-BsvgN4qc&dib_tag=se&keywords=ctek&qid=1747819824&sprefix=ctek%2Caps%2C118&sr=8-4&th=1 I have the fully automated and APP controlled CTEK CS One. https://www.amazon.co.uk/CTEK-Maintenance-Technology-Compatible-Motorcycles/dp/B09KS9T7DG/ref=sr_1_8?crid=2EC15A9MXKUWT&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.s-FFMb2ZlvtlGyYKmQPTmtRfDPlhF-UQ266XDw2irrj9yU0iPFtmAFglHT-QhfKRX-P_tUuJ0YVwvqJDiTF-sGK1yUOFW6CsVzz409ZKS3T9HdcxBlmTgjpbcLo6Xyf7ZvgL0LCUJ_Tr71i7CcSUY3g80Hl_4JjaUYHR6A9FEtTZe-f5sPHMFiAtSSD8rE-m-etseX7KnU0Oie7tzJmZOgSTW53ZYsukynQuqhsh4W7BJKPbGSnjCaspQ0-NIpHPxxNCtxBjdUKKcKnq523uZ_tCZefSEX1yC0e13rZL0KY.wTotZJ_St3QKFBbrjwKKH3PpuvqH7AQ-Wm-BsvgN4qc&dib_tag=se&keywords=ctek&qid=1747819824&sprefix=ctek%2Caps%2C118&sr=8-8&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.0fa28f01-6fca-4422-af4e-d52d5ad71bfe&th=1
  6. Used my factory swivel towbar for the first time last week. It's been tucked away for the last 10 months from new. To be fair it's spotless but I greased everything up anyway. I've had plenty of issues with detachables and swivels in the past.
  7. 99% of aftermarket towbars don't have the factory cooling mods and manage fine towing average single axle caravans of around 1500kg. I doubt the £1400 includes the cooling mods. Cooling improvements differ model and year. It could be extra fans, extra gearbox cooling or simply a modified grill. For the UK I wouldn't bother. We are not towing over the alps at 30 degrees.
  8. While it's true all engines will be less economical around town the 190 is a different animal to the 280 though. 190 was designed for efficiency, it's not just a lower powered version of the 280.
  9. Just Simoniz Tyre and Trim cleaner.
  10. I've had diesel Octavia's, Passat's, XF's, Yeti's etc, etc. I'm more than happy with the economy from the 190 TSi. Petrol is a little cheaper than diesel as well which is a bonus and no DPF/EGR worries. And so much more refinement.
  11. The 190PS 2.0TSi is a different design to the other 2.0's, runs on the Budak cycle with higher compression ratio, totally different valve timing philosophy. Designed to give economy and response at low rpm and low torque demands.
  12. Make sure any quotes you get include full dedicated electrics for the car and that they will undertake all programming. I have factory spec swivel down towbar and it's excellent but expensive to fit after build.
  13. I've been trying to find out if the 3B became 4B when the Gen 4 came out or whether the 3B is still being fitted alongside the Gen 4 higher powered units.
  14. Service interval for VAG dual clutch gearboxes. Haldex is 3 years or 30k miles but many now recommend 2 years or 20k miles same as the VAQ diffs.
  15. Only thing for me is a find the MIB3 is frustrating for playing music via USB. It's slow to build a library, forgets it randomly and never restarts where you left off. It can also jumble track order. I now only use Android Auto and play music off my phone or through Amazon Music.
  16. If it's the same as my other Skoda's with web radio you either have to purchase a Skoda data plan which are stupidly expensive or set your phone up as a hot spot and connect the car to your phone. Probably should add I find it easy just to use Android Auto and use radio apps.
  17. I've had my 2024 2.0TSi 190 L&K a few weeks now but not had chance for a run out. This last week I've had some time off and we booked a week away on the east coast. So my last 2.0 Turbo petrol was a Subaru Impreza Series McRae and that struggled to get out of the teens mpg. I did once have a Mondeo (3.0V6) with similar performance to the Superb and that averaged mid 20's and wouldn't break 35mpg. But the last 15 years most of my cars have been diesel. So I decided this week to drive in normal mode and to drive as I would like. No economy mode and no driving specifically for economy. I get Lincoln is fairly flat and the A roads are 40/50/60 mph but even so I'm very pleased with the results. (I get the app and car mpg figure maybe slightly optimistic) My 80 mile drive home today I achieved over 50mpg. (Average speed affected by que to toll bridge) Over the 5 days I did 270miles and averaged over 45mpg with all days achieving over 40mpg. Looking at those figures the Superb 2.0TSi 190 offers very similar if not better economy than our 1.5TSi Karoq.
  18. Your entry into non-haldex VW 4x4 SUV is the Touareg.
  19. Not long, about 25 minutes, it wasn't that bad to be fair for 5k miles.
  20. Bear in mind mine is less than a year old and has only done 5000 miles.
  21. I've done the opposite and gone from 1.5TSi Karoq to 2024 2.0TSi Superb L&K. The big difference you will notice in the 2WD Karoq is the cheaper torsion beam rear suspension which does thud a bit through the body and together with the 40 series tyres will offer nothing close to the ride you have in the DCC equipped Superb.
  22. I've not driven it yet but it's still showing location in the map and can lock and unlock etc.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.