logiclee
Resident Member
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Forum: Škoda Elroq
Everything posted by logiclee
-
Repeated daily Infotainment update issues
The new 0334 update solves the Updates issue and also solves Wireless Android Auto connection and audio drop issues and slow response in CarPlay
-
Shop Gone from Infotainment Menu
Are you still on 0330 or the latest 0334?
-
Offered an OTA update today
Whoops should have read a bit further. Wireless Android Auto is flawless for me now. It was a pain before.
-
Offered an OTA update today
I don't think you can do that on MIB3?
-
Offered an OTA update today
Instead of the usual autoupdate screen you should get a full screen System Update notification. Mine still took a day to do it.
-
Offered an OTA update today
I have Android Auto set to Autoconnect and start which it used to do wired but wirelessly it would always bring up the "Connect to Android Auto" screen. I'd accept and connect then sometimes it would drop and bring the connect screen again. Also once connected in wireless Android auto I'd get the odd Audio drop out. On 0334 as soon as I switch on Android Auto auto connects wirelessly and no Audio dropouts.
-
Offered an OTA update today
For me 0334 has not only fixed the continued update issue it's fixed the connection issues I had with Wireless Android Auto
-
High Beam Light Assist
Skoda Superb Facelift Matrix LED.
-
Skoda super 2.0 tsi mpg
Mine in my post above is on 19's
-
Skoda super 2.0 tsi mpg
45-50mpg on a run is easy enough from the 2.0TSi 190.
-
Increasing the weight of the car (towbar + LPG tank). Which rear springs should I use?
If you wanted standard but the next weight class up wouldn't that be 1JP-OYG?
-
Increasing the weight of the car (towbar + LPG tank). Which rear springs should I use?
Can't help with your specific application. But I have a 2.0TSi FWD with DCC and factory towbar. I read elsewhere that factory towbar increased the rear springs stiffness from factory. But when I looked into what mine had fitted it was no different to cars without towbar. Edited to add. When towing a trailer with 80kg noseweight I tend to use the DCC in Sport.
-
Increasing the visibility of the main beam warning light
For a 2023 Sportline you should have full matrix LED if you have them enabled not just High/low beam.
-
About to embark on Skoda ownership, Superb L&K Estate
-
Error: Workshop; only leave vehicle in position P - OK to drive before getting it fixed?
https://www.premierservicecentreltd.co.uk/
-
thinking of changing models, after views
Makes no sense getting an older PHEV now. Besides the concerns over battery packs and software you have the pence per mile tax soon. Just get a 2.0TSi.
-
Slow to warm up 2.0 TDI
That's about the norm for a VAG 2.0TDi I've had several although the current EA288 is a lot quicker getting warm air into the cabin than the earlier EA189 which weren't great in freezing temps. Now I run a 2.0TSi and the difference is very obvious
-
New cars
Yep, Beginning of this year I was looking at new cars. Even Audi's with cloth manual seats with no option of electric adjustment, capacitive buttons, big touchscreen. And yes VW's with an interior quality that would match something American from the 90's. Ended up buying a a 2024 (Last of the Mk3's) Superb in L&K trim. I like a nice interior and it seems that isn't a selling point anymore.
-
The Petrol vs Diesel Dilemma
I tend to use either Shell V-Power E5 or Tesco Momentum E5. Both on multiple tests have been shown to contain zero ethanol.
-
The Petrol vs Diesel Dilemma
The last diesel I had was a 2017 Yeti 2.0TDi 150. My current 2024 2.0TSi 190 Suberb is around the same economy on urban trips and better economy on a run and petrol is cheaper. The weights are about the same but the aerodynamics are worlds apart.
-
Suspension options
Only standard suspension setup that isn't floaty and bouncy is a DCC equipped car in Sports Mode.
-
1.4 TSI vs 2.OO DSG
It depends on the age of car you are looking at. 190's came in a bit later, there was a period where both were available then later the 220 was dropped. Not sure on exact years though
-
1.4 TSI vs 2.OO DSG
If Economy is a concern yes. Performance wise they are close (Midrange 320NM vs 350NM) but economy wise the 190 was designed for economy with the earlier Gen3B version running the Budack Cycle and the later Gen4 version higher compression.
-
1.4 TSI vs 2.OO DSG
The 1.4 uses a dry clutch DSG and the 2.0 uses a wet clutch DSG. The wet clutch are smoother and nicer to drive. Not sure on your budget but the 2.0TSi 190 is designed for economy and easily gets 50mpg+ on a run. The big difference on driving between the 1.4 and the 2.0's is the midrange torque. The 1.4 is limited to 250NM because of the dry clutch DSG. The 2.0 you are looking at has 350NM
-
Looking at a Superb L&K IV PHEV
I was looking at similar at the beginning of the year. I wouldn't have a problem with the PHEV itself but you really have to be doing the usage cycle that suits the PHEV. If your son can charge at home and does lots of short trips then it may work out. But for me the potential pitfalls of the increased reliability issues, ageing battery packs and my usage steered me down the 2.0TSi 190 route.