Skip to content

logiclee

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by logiclee

  1. Open App and go to Profile section. Scroll down to Permissions and consent. Then Vehicle Consents. Turn off Access to Vehicle Data.
  2. Noticed the update today for my 2024 Superb. It's been turned off straight away. I'm not having any company having that data. I've recently had issues with my insurer because back in 2020 I did a comparison search for a modified car.
  3. At Home? Denon X4800 doing surround processing and powering four overhead atmos speakers with Emotiva XPA power amps feeding the 7 bed layer speakers. 2x Subs are active from BK Elec. Calibration and DSP via Audyssey EQ-X PC software and REW.
  4. I suppose I'm rating against the upgraded 1200W 17 Speaker B&W system in my XF (£2200 Option) and my B&W 7.2.4 Home Cinema (£10k+) But as I also said the our BMW with the mid level upgrade (+£400) had nice punchy bass from subs under the seat with a nice rich sound. The little plastic sub with it's little port in the Canton gives bloated bottom end bass but there's no punch to it and the timing is slightly off. Mids are clear but not a lot of richness. Canton is an upgrade over the standard audio but so is a midrange soundbar over TV speakers. Many are perfectly happy with that sort of upgrade. I wouldn't be. For me though Canton doesn't give the quality I've heard from other manufacturers systems. I'll take it as a standard fit in the L&K but if I'd ticked the £600-700 option box on other models I'd be a bit disappointed with it.
  5. I've just done PCP and paid off after the 14 day cooling of period. You don't even have to talk to anyone. After day 14 login to Skoda Finance, click on settlement figure and bank transfer the money across. Yes you keep all the benefits. (For me that was Deposit Contribution and Two Services.) There are some charges and a little interest and that came to around £350 for me on top of what I borrowed.
  6. 190 shouldn't feel sluggish in anyway and not even close to a 1.5 150. I swapped from a 1.5TSi (Karoq) to 2.0TSi (Superb) 190 has small turbo and high compression ratio so lag isn't an issue.
  7. Yep, they are a little rare. Especially a TSi L&K. As production years went on more petrol and fewer diesels were registered though. I managed to get one of the last L&K's off the production line. But I'd been waiting months for one to come up for sale, managed to get an 8 month old car from Skoda with quite a few options fitted.
  8. If you like the Leather of the SEL over the Alcantara of the Sportline but think you will prefer the stiffer setup of the Sportline then the L&K maybe the best option. You will get the leather seating with more adjustment for the passenger as well as ventilation and suspension wise you will get the DCC adjustable suspension.
  9. No the rear diff is in a separate chamber with it's own oil. There has been instances where people have confused the drain/fill plugs and emptied the rear diff while trying to do a Haldex service. This usually results in a failed rear diff.
  10. After years of SUV's (Mainly diesel) I made the switch to Superb L&K petrol. I'm a similar age and found I wasn't enjoying driving anymore. If you go L&K you will get DCC standard so when you are in the mood for comfort you can have that and when you are in the mood to push on a bit just firm up the ride. As for petrol vs diesel. If you are used to running a 3.0V6D Velar and only do 12k miles a year I'd go petrol all day long. Also worth remembering that petrols are not the gutless units of old. The 265 petrol has 400NM of torque at 1650-4350rpm. The 193 diesel has 400NM of torque at 1750-2000rpm so it's the petrol that actually has the low down torque advantage.
  11. There's no schedule for changing the rear differential oil but the haldex clutch pack is in the same rear assembly and the fluid for the haldex should be changed at 30k miles or 3 years for UK cars. Most owners also have the pump removed and the gauze cleaned at the same time.
  12. Face lift still has the same 12 speaker configuration as the pre-facelift and the same power output. DSP was changed and user configurability in MIB3. I've heard pre-facelift Canton. Can't say that impressed me either. I suspect any differences pre/post FL are DSP based.
  13. I've paid for upgraded sound systems in various cars, Canton is standard in my L&K but I think I'd be a bit disappointed if I'd paid extra for it. The whole surround sound algorithm and dolby pro-logic is garbage, the subwoofer adds some depth but no punch and there's no rich mids which I usually like. I had the Jag B&W system in my XF, I could just sit in that and listen to music all day and pro-logic filled the car with sound without adding any weird delay effects as pro-logic should do. Yep that was a 17 speaker 1200W system but even the 1st level Business upgrade (£400) in our BMW added lots of punch with underseat subs. I'd say Canton in the Superb is an upgrade over standard but it's not worth the money. I've also heard Canton in Octavia and Karoq and thought exactly the same.
  14. On my Amundsen MIB3 Karoq I had to select on the Infotainment Nav screen settings whether I wanted the map to show on the infotainment screen or in the Virtual Cockpit Dash. On my Columbus MIB3 Superb. Map shows on both displays.
  15. Dimming. 😁 For dipping don't you just move it to the required position while in reverse and it remembers?
  16. If you do a lot of night driving the FL is worth it for the Matrix LED alone.
  17. Ah, thanks for that. I'll need the other side with it being LHD. So the mirror comes with wiring that will plug into existing loom in the door?
  18. Ok. Loving my 2024 L&K but the non auto dimming passenger wing mirror bugs me. Bean counters saving a few quid on a £45k car. ☹️ So has anyone retrofitted? Is the wiring loom still fitted to the mirror?
  19. I don't think it does. Others have tried and it's all tied in with Travel Assist. It was only a £210 option on the L&K, it should have been standard.
  20. I know this is a few months behind and you may already have made a choice but the 2.0TSi EA888 EVO4 204PS is just a slightly tweaked version of the 2.0TSi EA888 EVO4 190PS which has been widely used for a few years now across VAG. It's had 14PS power increase for the latest models but the peak toque remains the same as the 190PS at 320NM, the torque drop off is slightly delayed to gain the extra power so the only slight difference is felt approaching 5000rpm .
  21. The later Evo 4 EA888's in the Mk3 lost MPi. My 2024 Mk3 certainly doesn't have MPI. Time will tell if the measures to mitigate carbon build up have been successful but haven't heard any horror stories and the Evo4 has been out a few year now.
  22. I believe he has a 2023
  23. The face lift SE Superb has reflector type LED the same as the basic FL Karoq and my old Karoq certainly needed deflectors as there is a kickup to the left. I'd have thought the Superb SE's are the same but it's probably worth you checking the beam pattern on a wall.
  24. A couple of points I'd make on Ken's advice. VAG make the boxes and VAG say 80k miles so the service schedule is 80k miles. Others may advise to change early, and I agree with them, but that doesn't change the schedule. Personally I'll do a 40k or 4 years having owned 12 DSG's. That's what I feel comfortable with and the same reason I don't do variable servicing. Wet Clutch boxes do have a slight drag in Drive, that's how they are designed, this is mainly hydraulic drag as the plates are lubricated, the plates are not grinding away on a flywheel. On the dry clutch box the plates are clear in D at idle. Other independents and some respected tuners and rebuilders have monitored fluid temp rise at idle in D and concluded even for a few minutes there's no significant rise. I've also seen it suggested that worn out clutches are extremely rare in the DQ381, they will reliably handle torque way above the gearboxes rating but mechatronic failure is far more common. Perhaps switching between D and N constantly is placing far more operations on the Mechatronic? I suppose it's down to which you feel more comfortable doing? Potentially saving a little wear on the clutch by adding wear on the mechatronic? And running the car as designed with stop/start enabled leaving the car in D with the engine off there's zero wear and zero temp increase. I suppose even more so if you have autohold.
  25. Well I spoke to them this morning. There's no further issues as the car is standard from when it left the factory. I asked them why? Apparently I asked for a quote in 2020 for a remap. (I've had three cars since then) How they can tell if a car is remapped from photos beats me? Edited to add. I have three family cars and house insurance with Hastings. If they can't accept me on good faith they do not deserve my business so I'll be moving all policies come renewal.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.