Skip to content

logiclee

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by logiclee

  1. My late 2023 Karoq came on Bridgestone ECO EV Enliten tyres with an XL rating from the factory which I found strange. The noise and ride isn't bad the economy is great but the grip dry or wet isn't great. My go to replacements would be Cross Climate 2's but that would mean dropping from an A rated economy tyre to a C. So in real terms what's the economy difference?
  2. So Superb will probably have DQ381 7 speed wet clutch and Golf will have DQ200 7 speed dry clutch the same as the 1.5TSi. It's quite possible that the DSG on the 1.5 ACT is attempting to stay in 2 cylinder mode as long as possible and 1500rpm on 2 cylinders is more economical than 1200rpm on 4 cylinders. I'll do some tests on my late 23 plate 1.5TSi. The change up points are higher than our 1.0TSi Fabia.
  3. Is yours one that was held back for the July 24 software change?
  4. Your 2020 pre-facelift had the earlier 1.5TSi and your newer facelift model has the 1.5TSi EVO2 engine which has significant improvements which can be viewed in the links shared above. Same power and torque though. The DSG mapping is different but holding onto gears until the engine is screaming is not a characteristic of a DSG working correctly. Occasionally they can hold onto gears if engine braking down a hill and then accelerating but something seems odd in your description, especially if you feel it's down on power compared to the later 1.5. If you driving a long time before stop start operates that would indicate a struggling battery.
  5. It's possible those differences are on MY24, we know some owners are reporting changes such as the loss of gear selection indication in D and E on MY24 Comfort does require DCC and OffRoad mode requires the optional pack.
  6. The soundaktor (Artificial Engine Sound Generator) is only fitted on the 2.0TSi. I'm not aware of being able to enable it for every drive mode on the car but it's easily done with VCDS or OBDEleven type devices as well as setting the volume level so I'm sure the dealer can do that. But as software changes depending on Model/Year/Drivetrain and even update version you may indeed have that option. If putting the gearbox in Sport puts the car into full Sport Drive mode that's a change from my Octavia. I've not actually tried it in the Karoq.
  7. Another test to do. Knocking the gear lever to sport usually only puts gearbox in Sport. You don't usually get sport steering or throttle response like you do using driver select. On some models the shift change point is different depending whether you are in Sport Driving Mode or just have the gearbox in sport.
  8. Three of us at work bought three 6 month old Karoq's from the same dealer in the same week. My two colleagues bought Sportlines but I went for an SEL. Why? My wife has mobility issues and the sports seats were more difficult to get in and out of and were more restrictive. The ride dropping from 50 profile tyres to 40 profile transmits more of the poor road surfaces into the car. And finally for me I've had two panroofs on previous Skoda's and have had issues. The last one had a £1400 repair and a £2400 cassette replacement, fortunately under warranty but it's put me off panroofs. But everyone has there own tolerance levels for seats and ride so it's best to take a test drive yourself.
  9. It changes year on year what was standard on what engine for manuals but in every brochure I can see Hill Hold has always been standard for DSG models. The 11 DSG's we've had all had Hill Hold.
  10. Which years didn't? I have the 2015, 2017 and 2019 uk brochures. All should have and all ours have had Hill Hold.
  11. From the Fabia 2015 brochure. All DSG have Hill Hold as standard (Bottom right option, two astrix bottom for DSG) We've had four Fabia's from 2011 to 2017. Hill hold has always been standard on the DSG.
  12. Your Fabia should have Hill Hold. It was standard on 1.2TSi DSG Mk2 and Mk3 and was standard on all 1.0TSi 110 models. We've had both and still have a 1.0Tsi DSG. The differences in creep between the DQ200 and DQ250/381 is not really down to engine torque but the control of the clutches. In the wet clutch variants the clutches can transfer torque while stationary and slow moving, the multiplate wetclutch design allows for slip without excessive heat build up as the clutch pack is lubricated and cooled by the transmission fluid, that's why you will also see the box slip in 2nd in slow moving traffic rather than change to 1st. For the DQ200 clutch slip needs to be kept to a minimum, any clutch slip means heat build up and clutch wear. When sat in Drive and engine running the wet clutches are already held at touch point and can progressively engage. For DQ200 the clutches are held clear and is the reason why it feels more hesitant at slow speed.
  13. I've had coasting on DQ381 and DQ250 on other models but these had separate option to enable/disable coasting options in the menus. Not tied to modes. I've very surprised you have coasting in manual though, I've not seen that in any other DSG I've had.
  14. I've had 11 DSG's from 2008. Dry Clutch, Wet Clutch, 6 speed, 7 speed, transverse and longitudinal. I've had my fair share of issues with the DQ200 dry clutch but currently have two, a 2017 1.0Tsi Fabia and a 2023 1.5TSi Karoq. The DQ200 has steadily improved over the years and the Karoq's is the best I've had. I have 5 years warranty on this one so see how it goes.
  15. On the trials I've done the only time I've noticed an improvement in economy in ECO is in hot weather when it noticeably takes longer to cool the car as the aircon is being limited. For the reduced response of the throttle I don't feel eco is worth it so I just use normal. If you really need to save fuel then I'd suggest an Octavia
  16. Fabia DSG has Hill Hold but not Auto Hold. Karoq has Auto Hold and Hill Hold. Does the Fabia immediately roll back or after a few seconds off the brake? Have you stayed in Drive while stationary or switched to N or P?
  17. When did it have the cambelt/waterpump change done or as it not been done. If it's on the original pump and 6 years old I'd put money on it being the pump.
  18. Yep that was my only gripe with my Yeti's especially on todays potholed roads. All my four were on 17" wheels. The Karoq is so much smoother and quieter even on 18" wheels.
  19. Good point about economy. The Octavia is around 10% more economical than the Karoq for us. But for the OP our 1.5TSi Karoq DSG is more economical than our 1.2TSi Yeti's DSG's were.
  20. Very different propositions. We've had several Octavia's and still have a hatchback, we've had four Yeti's that your coming from and we have a Karoq. We also have the 1.0TSi but in a Fabia. The Octavia has far more boot space, the seating position is lower which you know and the Octavia feels quite a bit longer when parking. The Karoq has a lower roof line than the Yeti and it's easier to stand on the door sills to load the roof. The Karoq has lighter steering and more supple suspension over poor roads than the Octavia. It depends which age of Octavia you are going for but I find the Karoq interior and infotainment superior to the current Octavia. For both Karoq and Octavia estate I'd recommend the 1.5 though. Economy is virtually the same and it's a lot smoother unit especially when combined with DSG. You also have a lot more power in reserve which can be really felt when loaded.
  21. Just for thought. We've had two 1.2TSi Yeti DSG's. 1.2TSi Octavia DSG's and a Fabia 1.2TSi DSG. Currently we have a 1.5TSi Karoq and 1.0TSi Fabia both DSG. What I will say is the newer 1.0 and 1.5Tsi engines and DQ200 DSG seem very well mapped, more responsive and smoother than the 1.2TSi. I have driven a 1.0TSi DSG Octavia and the performance and smoothness is certainly a marked improvement on a 1.2TSi DSG Yeti. The Octavia is lighter, has far better aerodynamics, the 1.0 has more torque and the DSG is better mapped. I wouldn't give up your search yet but the 1.5 is certainly a major step up if you go for one of those.
  22. As soon as you touch the brake pedal coasting is disabled.
  23. It's in my signature, 2023
  24. My Karoq never coasts in Drive. Have to be in Eco and showing E I realise this is not the same for all vehicles, drivetrains or years.
  25. When mine got to 7 and a bit years old a couple of months ago I got cold feet. Yep it had only done 28k miles and was in outstanding condition and had full Skoda history. But I'd not had a car this old for decades and I have a close relationship with my Skoda dealer. They desperately wanted it before the 8 year cutoff to sell it as an approved used car. So I bit the bullet and swapped it for a new Karoq. I'm still on the fence whether I did the right thing but I wasn't really doing the mileage for a diesel.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.