Everything posted by logiclee
-
3 karoq - awaiting delivery what's the issue?
What I don't get is there has been no mechanical changes to MY24 as far as I'm aware just sensor suite and software changes for the July speed limit legislation. Why the DSG software has been effected is a mystery.
-
3 karoq - awaiting delivery what's the issue?
I'd report as soon as possible and ask for a test drive in an earlier model. I'm on my 7th DQ200 DSG and have also had several DQ250's, a DQ381 and a DL501. Not one could I have described as having harsh downshifts. I was actually impressed how smoother the DSG is on the 1.5 Karoq when compared to our 1.0TSi Fabia. Just checked and I have gear indicator on every display on virtual cockpit.
-
3 karoq - awaiting delivery what's the issue?
My late 23 1.5TSi DSG is not like that. One of the smoothest I've had and I've had 12. I get gear number indicator on nearly all of the Virtual Cockpit displays.
-
2024 Karoq alloy wheels
Was previously part of the Amundsen Plus pack which is now standard on all models.
-
Karoq 2020 vs 2022
10.25" virtual cockpit has been available since the facelift, it's been part of the Amundsen plus package which was an option on SEL and standard on later Sportlines. For 24 it's standard across all models. My 23 SEL has 10.25" Virtual Cockpit as it has the Amundsen Plus Pack. Once you have it though the twin dial setup is probably the one I use the least.
-
2024 Karoq alloy wheels
Throughout 2023 and 2024 I've seen SEL's on Procyon and Miran. Some brochures say Procyon standard and some say Miran. It's probably a supply issue. The current brochure says Procyon. I'd ask your dealer. My late 23 came with Procyon. Miran is currently a no cost option, What does your build order say?
-
Seats
I don't think you can have electric adjustment on sportline seats. To have the SEL seats in the Sportline is a £1250 option for microfibre seats and £1520 for leather. Then you can add conv pack for electric adjustment for £1355
-
The most comfortable 225/50/17 tyres ?
What age were the tyres? They can get less complaint with age. Most owners found Michelin Cross Climate 2's to offer considerably better ride than most Summer tyres.
-
Karoq Performance Package
Yep and why the model below Sportline (SEL UK, Style elsewhere) does not get Matrix LED and is a very expensive option. Standard in other markets.
-
Moving from SE L to Sportline
Yep for me it was SEL in Graphite Grey or Sportline in Phoenix Orange. Quite a bit of a change there but I think those are the colours that suit the trims best. The lighting package annoys me a little as the SEL is "Style" in other markets and Style nearly always has Matrix LED. UK Importers decided to only have Matrix LED on the Sportline and to have it as a very expensive option on SEL. Fortunately the standard LED headlights on the SEL are very good.
-
Karoq Performance Package
The multi adjustable slider is only available on the newer cars on the MQB EVO platform I believe and they have extra valving in the dampers.
-
Moving from SE L to Sportline
What colour have you gone for? The Procyon have grown on me. I've taken the inserts out to try but prefer them in. Pretty easy to clean as well.
-
Moving from SE L to Sportline
I wanted the Sportline to be for me but it wasn't unfortunately. I also got the Varioflex seats in my late 23 SEL but they are now an extra on the 24 SEL. I've had 16 cars from the same dealer and know most of the staff. If I want an extended test drive they just chuck me the keys and put the trade plates in. Come back when I'm ready.
-
3 karoq - awaiting delivery what's the issue?
They need it in June's figures perhaps. Make the wait until you are ready.
-
Moving from SE L to Sportline
I've just purchased an SEL instead of a Sportline. I will say this is personal preference and only you can answer for yourself. Dropping from 50 profile to 40 profile does make a big difference on poorly serviced roads, expansion joints and potholes. There is still plenty of height with a sunroof but I've had two VAG sunroof's and they both leaked. The last one was fixed under warranty but cost £2500 to repair. I didn't have an issue with the cloth seats but my wife hated the sports seats. You can have the SEL's seating in the Sportline but it's an expensive option. Only thing I miss from the Sportline is the Matrix LED lighting but it was too expensive an option on the SEL for me to Justify.
- Yeti Tow Bar
-
Towbar fitting or towbar prep
Should be able to find somewhere local for a similar cost though. Or maybe a ride up to Exeter.
-
Towbar fitting or towbar prep
This link will give you an idea of cost. Pick type of towbar, 7 pin or 13 pin, universal or dedicated electrics and finally mobile fitting or DIY. https://towsure.com/collections/towbars-skoda-towbars-skoda-karoq-towbars-skoda-karoq-2017-onwards
-
Towbar fitting or towbar prep
If you want a detachable with 13 pin dedicated electrics fully coded prices seem to be around £800-£1000 If you are buying a Karoq without towbar or towbar prep then double check the GTW on the weight plate is not marked as 0 Kg With Factory towbar and towbar prep some models did get slightly increase cooling but it depended on engine. For instance the 150PS diesel and Petrol models a slightly different fan and holder is fitted that allows more air through when the fan isn't running. Not really required for modest towing in the UK though
-
SmartLink WIRELESS for Apple and WIRED for Android? SE Technology
At the time of writing the specs/brochure 0330 update was not available so Android Auto Wireless connection was not stable. Hence the caution in the text.
-
What do the software updates do?
0330 fixed the issue with Wireless Android Auto drop out. Now works perfectly.
-
Coasting - what do people think ?
Hmmm On my other DSG's (Fabia, Yeti, Passat) coasting mode has been a separate selection. On our MQB Octavia coasting only in Eco. On my late 2023 Karoq 1.5TSi (Evo2 DXDB engine) I.m sure I only get Coasting in ECO?
-
Sending routes to the Karoq
-
WARRANTY CLAIM
If it's still on finance you could try VW Finance as well.
-
SmartLink WIRELESS for Apple and WIRED for Android? SE Technology
Wireless Android Auto works great on Karoq's with MIB 3 and 0330 update.