Everything posted by logiclee
-
WARRANTY CLAIM
If you look at the small print of the used car warranty it excludes water ingress. But I'd be tempted to speak to the dealer again and escalate upto Skoda UK if required. It's obviously been a problem in the past and the repair hasn't lasted. I'd suggest the fault existed when you bought the vehicle but you've only just noticed. Ask the dealer what goodwill they can offer. I had similar on a Yeti sunroof leak and had £2000 repair carried out.
-
WARRANTY CLAIM
From a main dealer as an "Approved Used" car?
-
Sending routes to the Karoq
Indeed, MIB4 will be taking up significant resource with the issues it was launched with. One of the reasons I wanted a MIB3 car this year that along with physical knobs for Climate.
-
Sending routes to the Karoq
It should work as long as you have an active subscription. However the Nav is still rubbish and you are far better off using Google Maps or Waze.
-
1.5 TSI engine cover
DPCA is a 1st gen 1.5 TSi so has a GPF but it's not close coupled like the later EVO 2 DXDB
-
Updated Karoq Specs - April 2024
You can certainly buy 18" alloys and tyres and keep your 19's for resale. That will be your only option I think.
-
Octavia III rear suspension - Have I got this right?
They are. He was asking about 2.0TDi elegance. Only 2.0TDi that had independent were 4X4 or vRS. Although you could read it another way I suppose?
-
Octavia III rear suspension - Have I got this right?
2.0TDi Elegance will be torsion beam. Only 4x4 models and vRS 2.0 TDi's were independent.
-
Kodiaq 2 PHEV launched in UK from £41,935
Skoda do need to replace their ICE units with BEV models to comply with group CO2 reduction but with Elroq deliveries not expected to start until Q1 or 2 2025 and the Karoq still being the 4th best seller globally and 2nd best seller in some markets I think Skoda are keeping their options fairly open. There's no information yet on order books being closed and with waiting lists around 8 to 9 months I can see production running on for some time yet.
-
3 karoq - awaiting delivery what's the issue?
Since it all went online I've not been offered a choice of registration no's But as I always put my own plate on later I don't care. Poor show about the delay though. I'd be sat at the dealers until I got answers. But they are only down the road and I know most of the staff.
-
Used Karoq SE or Sport line
Plenty of fish in the sea, why limit yourself to two cars? You need to make sure you are ok with the Sportlines seats and ride on 40 series tyres. It's subjective and no one can answer that for you.
-
3 karoq - awaiting delivery what's the issue?
That kills that theory then. I read on a Facebook group that someone had their Koroq delayed. When they asked the dealer the dealer stated there was a software issue on 1.5DSG's.
-
3 karoq - awaiting delivery what's the issue?
@yosser65 Is yours a 1.5 DSG?
-
Just sold the Karoq but have found . . .
No need for any more personally but they sell for around £10 on ebay.
-
3 karoq - awaiting delivery what's the issue?
For 2024 changes to every Karoq spec was made so they have the correct technology for the forthcoming legislation. But even if they are awaiting a software update I can't see why that affects cars registered before 7th July so we may be barking up the wrong tree reqarding delays.
-
3 karoq - awaiting delivery what's the issue?
There's the mandatory speed system that needs to be implemented on all new cars from July. But it's not July yet.
-
3 karoq - awaiting delivery what's the issue?
I suppose it will have to be something around the MY24 build spec changes? Lane Assists/Speed recognition etc?
-
2007 Octavia 2.0 TDI - Auto changing gears slowly.
If revs are not increasing no matter how hard you press the peddle it suggests and engine issue rather than gearbox. Any lights on the dash? Do you have a code reader? Is it in Limp mode?
-
Wiper blades
For 2021 on Karoq you need a A335H not a A331H
-
2.0TDI 4x4 DSG problems
With 34k miles and faults being thrown up from both clutch packs I'd side with a mechatronic issue. But nothing's every 100% until investigated.
-
Karoq Order
Rainworth had some more come up towards the end of March 24. All registered in September 23. Some with delivery miles and some with a few thousands. They've obviously needed to have them registered for 6 months before sale is allowed. I bought one and two of my workmates both had one. Including this one. Choice of SEL and Sportline. Interest on the PCP is higher than new but for April they were doing a £750 Skoda contribution and 2 services package. So worth doing even if you pay it up within 30 days.
-
EV used car prices plummeting ,what's your experience?
You missed the point and don't know him. His plan when buying the EV was never to move the channel away from Food and Travel. That's happened by chance, the channel is probably 50/50 now. Certainly now the videos are popular he'll play to that, he'll play the analytics. Lee Davey is not the Macmaster. The Macmaster is his channel personality.
-
EV used car prices plummeting ,what's your experience?
The negative EV videos being a great Youtube subject aside Lee will openly admit a Petrol/Hybrid/Diesel would have suited his lifestyle and mileage much better. It's been a lucky consequence that all his troubles have resulted in a massive increase in subscribers and some of his most watched videos are EV videos. Prior to the EV he was 99% Travel and Food channel.
-
EV used car prices plummeting ,what's your experience?
Lee (The Macmaster) used to live a couple of hundred metres from my house. So I know him and he does a lot of food reviews directly around where I live. Obviously it's an entertainment channel and he's not like that in real life. But yes he bought the wrong car for his usage, he specced up a basic model which is financial suicide and he bought an EV when they where top money. The Youtube videos have more than made up for the financial loss though. I've recently bought a nearly new Karoq but the dealer was definitely pushing the Enyaq and I could have had a delivery mileage 204PS 80 Loft Enyaq for similar money to the Karoq. That's a massive discount on new.
-
The Yeti - a Cult
Yep My Yeti was just over 7 when I sold it. It was the oldest car I'd owned for decades. It was pristine to look at. The last photos I took a week before it went. But underneath it showed the signs of 7 UK winters and salted roads. For the last couple of years I'd considered what to do for the best, sell it while it still had significant value or keep it until the wheels fell off. What really got me was my change in mileage and diesel not being the ideal choice.