Skip to content

logiclee

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by logiclee

  1. It's never an issue as I'm coming to a stop or it will instantly restart, and yes I put this down to enthusiastic Stop/Start. And to clarify mine is DSG as stated above
  2. On the cutting out when slowing down I've noticed on the EVO2 1.5TSi DSG this also happens. The revs will die to zero when still moving a few miles an hour. The difference is the engine will auto restart if the brake pedal is lifted or accelerator pressed. Saying that I've never had an engine off situation when stop start is off.
  3. I don't think they are the same. The original problem was a lack of torque when pulling away and kangarooing. The current issue is cutting out when slowing to a stop I believe. As again it's only affecting manuals it surely can be rectified in software. If it was an inherent engine design issue it would affect DSG's
  4. The smaller Toyota's have the legendary Toyota drive trains but they have some questionable plastics.
  5. I got 0330 last week. Wireless Android Auto now working perfect. Just wish the wireless charging pad was a bit longer.
  6. If you want electric handbrake and autohold then you will have to look outside of Skoda as if you step down to Kamiq or Scala you get manual handbrake. I'd probably look towards Toyota.
  7. logiclee replied to thamestrader's topic in Skoda Karoq
    I see no reason why tyre pressure is tied in with users so I agree. For thamestrader. If you tell the car that S-Pin isn't required for primary user then it won't ask every time you get in. It will tie the login to the key. For example when I get it it doesn't ask which user or for an S-Pin it just says "Welcome Logiclee" Saves all the hassle.
  8. logiclee replied to thamestrader's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Have you set up an account and become primary user? I've seen what you describe happen if there are no users registered and only a Guest account.
  9. Half the time mine reports the car is unlocked when it isn't. A lot of gimmicks that most wont use. If it was £10 I might renew but it's not worth what Skoda ask.
  10. Is this happening on Evo2 Manuals as well?
  11. Well collection day today and yes I do have a GTW figure so an aftermarket towbar can be fitted. Talking to the service manager he more or less stated the obvious, ensure the dedicated wiring is plugs and sockets only and no cable splicing of existing looms. If any defect occurred that was the fault of the towbar it would be at my cost. I didn't get into a deep debate around the extra cooling mods included in the towbar prep, I've seen this discussed on many VAG forums across the main four brands and even Porsche. It gets really messy very quickly but legally as long as your are not exceeded the four plated weights then the manufacturer cannot void the warranty. How that would ever be proven I don't know but this has been a topic for VAG cars for decades.
  12. To be fair most manufacturers will say the same with aftermarket towbars and I certainly agree if bypass relays are used and cuts to wiring are made. It is a grey area, if Skoda have given the car a GTW figure then it is homologated to tow that weight whatever Skoda may say. Dedicated vehicle specific electrics should not require modifications to wiring looms. I'd run it by my local dealer who we've had 16 cars from first. I doubt there'll be an issue.
  13. Thanks, That's not actually my plate, it was just for reference. I've seen a few Octavia petrols with 0 on the GTW plate which means aftermarket towbars cannot be fitted. I pick my Karoq up on Wednesday but totally forgot to check the GTW figure. Worryingly the brochure states.
  14. Hi all For those with the 1.5TSi facelift and without towbar prep. Do you have a GTW figure on the weight plate? Second large figure on the weight plate. (Plate for reference, not actually mine)
  15. I've since found a post of a guy that bought a GR Yaris new with high first year tax and sold it before 6 months. He received a refund of the £190 component but not the full 1st years tax. So it would seem any second owner just pays the standard 2nd year cost.
  16. List was around £35k with the options added so I won't be in the £40k+ bracket.
  17. I initially thought that but I'll loose a month refund on the tax on my current Yeti which is more expensive so I probably loose out. I bought the Karoq a week ago but had to leave it 7 days + to wait for the logbook back for my Yeti after number plate swap.
  18. Hi All, After 15 Skoda's including 4 Yeti's I will pick up a 6 months old Karoq 1.5TSI DSG SEL on Wednesday. One thing I'm confused on is the first years Road Tax is £270 and second year onwards is £190. So at 6 months old what do I pay for a year? Anyone done similar?
  19. Towbar preparation being standard is interesting. Skoda UK have been complaining about the situation especially with some of their used SUV stock never being able to tow.
  20. As described above. Sound like diff failure rather than haldex engagement issue. Haldex engagement is electronically controlled via an electric pump on the Yeti. Did the garage doing the Haldex change do the service? Sounds like a cover up. You are not the first and wont be the last to have a diff fail because of an incorrect service.
  21. Yes very common. You could try. https://www.satnavsystems.com/diagnostics-repairs/
  22. What were the symptoms? Noisy from the rear? It sounds like whoever did the service on the haldex drained the diff.
  23. On a dry clutch DSG DQ200 there should be no creep with a firm brake pedal press as the clutches should be clear. As the brake pedal is lifted the engine rpm should increase slightly from idle and the clutches should move to bite point and you should get creep. If hill hold is activated you will have to wait until it releases. For Wet Clutch models creep more significant but the basic principle is the same. My DQ200 history isn't promising. Fabia 1.2TSi. Replaced clutch pack under warranty due to Judder. Yeti 1.2TSi. Replaced clutch pack under warranty due to Slip. Yeti 1.2TSi. Clutches slipping but returned on lease before repair Octavia 1.6TDi. Clutch Pack, Flywheel, Mechatronic and gear lever replaced under warranty. Our current Fabia 1.0TSi is OK for now. Over the last 15 years I've also owned four wet clutch models. (3x DQ250 and DL501) over 250k miles and not a single issue.
  24. Try these https://www.satnavsystems.com/diagnostics-repairs/
  25. Under the bumper foglights were never a factory or dealer option for the XR3i or RS1600i The Mk3 XR3i and RS1600i did have metal bumpers but the optional spot/driving lights came with "L" brackets. Four pre-drilled holes in the front crossmember and the lights bolted to the bracket sticking out just above the bumper. ie In the 80's myself and three other mates bought an XR3i each, all identical. I fitted above bumper driving lights to all four cars.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.