Everything posted by logiclee
-
The Yeti - a Cult
He didn't like the CVT experience under load and found the electronic monitoring too intrusive. But his biggest gripe was knee room and the centre console, he's 6'6" and said the centre console was digging into his leg.
-
Thinking of getting a karoq again
Power cutting out is not an issue if you go DSG.
-
The Yeti - a Cult
A good friend and workmate of mine was set on the new Lexus LBX. He'd sorted out his finances, worked out the lead times and spec he wanted. Then he test drove one and ruled it out after 10 minutes. He's since bought a nearly new Karoq 1.5TSi DSG Sportline, 6 months old with 45 miles on the clock. Picked it up last week.
-
Wireless Android Auto issue
It seems that vehicles with earlier infotainment generation like the Karoq have been stable with wireless Android Auto since the 0330 update.
-
The Yeti - a Cult
My Yeti was 7 years old and the value was still strong. I knew that at 8 years main dealers would just move it on as it could no longer be "Approved Used" so decided to trade it. My Yeti actually sold in 4 days at £18295.
-
The Yeti - a Cult
Recently sold my 4th and final Yeti and bought a new Karoq. I had people come and chat about the Yeti and the odd wave and yes I was a member of the Yeti Owners Club. Karoq is a good car with far more tech but I know no one will want to ask about another generic SUV
-
Pole - Has your pan roof ever leaked??
Mine leaked at 3 years old and 18k miles. (2017 L&K) Dealer attempted a repair but that failed. Dealer then replaced the Cassette. It's been fine since ( 4 years)
-
Yeti economy
We ran 1.2TSi Mk2 Octavia and 1.2TSi Yeti at the same time, same platform, same engine. On my commute to work (30 miles each way including 15 miles motorway) the Octavia was 10mpg more economical. The Yeti really is a brick. Or to put it another way. With 150PS the Yeti manages to reach around 120mph, it's replacement the Karoq around 130mph and the Octavia 140mph. That's aerodynamics for you.
-
Karoq pictures
Well my 16th Skoda is a Karoq. Picked it up a couple of weeks ago in the rain and today the first chance to give it a proper clean. 1.5TSi DSG SEL.
-
1.2 TSI swap for 1.4 TSI + Up platting?
Only thing that matters legally is what is on the weight plate on the car.
-
tow bar prep
- Leaking Panoramic Roof - The Cause and the Cure
When mine used to leak the first indication I got was steamed up windows- Satnav fault Octavia iV: Skoda claims its not a known issue so please comment
The MIB2 touchscreen fault is well documented and a common fault on later Yeti's. The digitiser fails. Fortunately it's an easy fix. Either a £25 DIY job or around £99 to get it repaired.- 1.2 TSI swap for 1.4 TSI + Up platting?
The later 1.4TSi 150PS 4x4 was rated at 1800kg. But in the UK it only came in L&K trim and more importantly for me it was manual only. I would have bought one if they had done it in DSG. But I was forced down the diesel route as I needed auto and to tow 1500kg. Eventually I was struggling to manage the DPF on the diesel so after 4 Yeti's I bought a 1.5TSi DSG Karoq- Concerning the auto clutch on DSG models...
On a hill in a 30mph limit the Citigo was that slow to change down you could be virtually stationary before it managed to get the correct gear. I had an Alfa 156 Selespeed back in 2001, another automated manual but it was quite good.- Concerning the auto clutch on DSG models...
Rather than VAG giving a "Maximum" rating for the gearbox they give a suitability rating. DQ200 is suitable for engines upto 250NM. So suitable for 1.5TSI, 1.6TDi and some down rated 2.0 diesels which all have 250NM outputs. What the gearbox is actually tested to we don't know, VAG don't publish their safety margin data.- Concerning the auto clutch on DSG models...
Yep, not sure why they changed that. My old Passat (2010) didn't do it but all our later cars with autohold do.- Concerning the auto clutch on DSG models...
Our Fabia and Karoq are both DSG. Fabia has Hill Hold with manual handbrake, Karoq has Autohold and E-Brake. I only ever use the handbrake/e-brake if the gearbox is in P. Our Octavia is manual gearbox and manual handbrake. Boy is it a pain in the arse nowdays but it's a great workhorse and we've had it 12 years.- Concerning the auto clutch on DSG models...
As others have said, that's why Hill Hold Control is bundled with DSG's (And some manuals) Autohold is much better but it's not fitted to VAG cars with manual handbrake.- Concerning the auto clutch on DSG models...
You should never release the footbrake in D when the manual handbrake is on and engine is running.- Corroded and Pitted Disc
I've often wondered if auto hold has an effect on discs warping and judder. Especially when used after coming from higher speed more aggressive stops.- Seats
I believe only the Edition model had standard electric seats and that's not been available for some time. The current line up of SE Drive, SEL, Sportline do not have electric seats. I'm not too bothered about electric adjustment but I would have liked the base angle to be adjustable.- Leaking Panoramic Roof - The Cause and the Cure
Some of the smaller models (Fabia, Scala) are available with non-opening glass roofs.- Leaking Panoramic Roof - The Cause and the Cure
Myself and two of my work colleagues have just bought Karoq's, they've both gone for Sportline's which I would have loved but I just couldn't bring myself to buy another VAG car with Panroof so I went SEL.- Corroded and Pitted Disc
Had a similar issue with our Yeti. 3 sets of discs in 4 years and 15k miles. The car was only used at weekends and sometimes could be two weeks left stood so the discs would surface rust in between use. - Leaking Panoramic Roof - The Cause and the Cure
Important Information
Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.