Skip to content

logiclee

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by logiclee

  1. logiclee replied to Cogra's topic in Skoda Yeti
    Last year I bought a 2017 2.0D 4x4 L&K with 16k miles from Rainworth Skoda for £15995 Today the have a 2017 2.0D 4x4 L&K with 16k miles for £17345 So a year on and an increase of £1350. But to be fair the entire used market has lifted due to the lack of new cars being sold during 2020 and Covid. And the small SUV sector is the most popular.
  2. I do too but the Xenon's on the face lift are still Bi-Xenon. So when you flick onto high beam you get the halogen high beam and the Xenons on high beam so 4x high beam units. Except when using high beam flasher when the Xenon's are off. Then you only get halogen high beams
  3. I have several issues with the Kamiq. The interior quality is obviously more Scala/Fabia than Octavia/Superb The platform is also the MQB AO platform and the most powerful versions can only tow 1250kg. (Yeti 2100kg) And the seating position is more Scala Scout than SUV. Looking at the Kamiq 1.5 SEL and Karoq 1.5SEL the lists are £26k vs £29k . The Karoq feels like a £29k car, the Kamiq doesn't feel like a £26k car. So for me it's either go bigger and go Karoq or swap manufacturers. The Kamiq is no Yeti replacement for me.
  4. If you decide to go with a detachable then look for a Westfalia towbar. These were fitted to Yeti's as factory fit so are compatible with the foam cutouts in the boot and sit correctly with the bumper cut out.
  5. That's my plan if I have issues once the warranty is finished.
  6. I don't really need the size of the Karoq but it does have a more SUV like driving position, the Kamiq is more like a Scala Scout. What I do need is towing capacity and looking into it the Kamiq shows more of it's underpinnings. My Yeti has a 1585kg Kerbweight and 2100kg tow limit. A diesel Karoq is similar 1600kg kerbweight and 2100kg max tow. Petrol 2wd Karoq 1.5 SEL is around 1500kg Kerbweight and 1500kg/1700kg tow limit. The best Kamiq is a 1.5 SEL with around 1340kg kerbweight and just a 1250kg tow limit. A diesel or petrol karoq would be OK for me but the Kamiq is not beefy enough as a Yeti replacement.
  7. My 2p worth. I'm undecided. 14 Skoda's have sat on my drive and 3 still do. At some point I have a 2017 2.0TDi 150PS L&K Yeti to replace. So Kamiq or Karoq? Kamiq has a longer wheelbase than the Karoq and isn't that much shorter but doesn't offer the SUV driving position of a Yeti or Karoq. Interior feels closer to the Fabia (We've had three) than Octavia (We've had three) even if the door tops are squishy. I'd want 1.5TSi SEL DSG but at the price (£26k) I'm disappointed with the interior. The Karoq is £29k but it carries it's price point better I think. Kamiq SEL Karoq SEL
  8. SE Smaller infotainment, analogue speedo/tacho, manual aircon.
  9. SEL should have had climate.
  10. Exhaust gas temperatures are far higher on petrol models.
  11. I think the philosophy is the turbo is sufficiently temperature controlled while the engine is running that heat soak when the engine is turned off by Stop/Start or human is not detrimental.
  12. On the later EA288 there are three water circuits, one mechanically driven pump that has a solenoid for adjusting flow and two electric water pumps. The turbo is oil cooled but there is an oil/water heat exchanger. https://pics.tdiclub.com/data/517/820433_EA288.pdf
  13. Indeed. But for genuine Skoda £294, Pagid at my local independent £160. I have Pagid on our Octavia which has done similar lockdown mileage and they have faired a lot better.
  14. An old thread but I'll add that last year at 3 years old and 18k miles my Yeti failed it's first MOT on rear brakes. Skoda fitted brand new Skoda discs and Pads. Now 12 months on and another 2k miles it's failed again on rear brake corrosion and pitting. I'll be fitting Pagid this time.
  15. logiclee replied to J500ANT's topic in Škoda Kamiq
    Kodiaq is the exception I believe. Later FWD 150PS 1.5's get DQ381
  16. The higher end Facelift Yeti does indeed come with Bi-Xenon adaptive headlights and have an additional halogen high beam spot light in the cluster. The dipped beam is excellent and the high beam amongst the best I've seen this side of BMW's new LASER units. But they are very expensive to retrofit properly, to buy two new light units, ballasts and Xenon bulbs new you are looking near £2000 before any installation costs. If you could find the parts 2nd hand you maybe cheaper but they are not a straight swap. There are plenty of options to upgrade the infotainment though. From cheap chinese Android units to later Amundsen MIB-2 units with Smart-Link. Just depends on hat functionality you want and your budget.
  17. As above. That's Hill Hold not Auto Hold. VAG only enable auto hold on vehicles with electric parking brake. It's part of the safety set, it autohold gets cancelled during it's operation (Seat belt removed, drivers door opens, time etc) then the electric parking brake is applied. That's why you don't see auto hold on the Yeti.
  18. DSG and Autohold is a match made in heaven. It's the only think I think the Yeti lacks. I've had it in previous cars and would choose it any day over gimmicks like self parking.
  19. No Yeti had Autohold/Electric Handbrake. Skoda being the budget brand was late getting the tech. Even the Mk3 mqb Octavia missed out while the mqb Golf got it. Mk4 Octy and Karoq does have it.
  20. I thought VAG only let stop start work in neutral if the car has autohold/electric handbrake.
  21. Do you know if it was the turbo internal wastegate that failed or the turbo wastegate actuator?
  22. Was this the 105PS or 110PS On the 105 skoda typically said new turbo when the wastegate actuator failed. But an independent could replace the actuator and reprogram for around £200. We had the actuator replaced on our Octavia three years ago and it's been fine since. Skoda wanted £1600, cost £180. https://www.amazon.co.uk/TURBO-WASTEGATE-ACTUATOR-03F145725G-03F145701F/dp/B07VJG75MT/ref=asc_df_B07VJG75MT/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=226168125559&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15660722269752906894&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006914&hvtargid=pla-951281827597&psc=1
  23. Not in my 2017 brochure, only info on snow chains.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.