Everything posted by logiclee
-
Retrofit heated screenwash jets?
I also checked mine at 2 degrees ambient. No delay on washers.
-
Retrofit heated screenwash jets?
I have heated washer jets but can't say I've ever noticed a delay in cold weather. Will try tomorrow.
-
Towing Eye
The Yeti's towing eyes are no stronger than a Golf or Octavia so definitely no snatch recovery. I've tended to use the towbar to pull people out but again no snatch recovery.
-
Mechatronic unit failure
Unfortunately I'm not surprised. I've owned five DQ200's and four required warranty work the last one cost £5500 to repair. All less than 30k miles and two less than 15k miles. Ran four DQ250 6 speed wetclutch DSG's over 250k miles and no issues.
-
Westfalia towbar fitted
Weight wise the detachable hook is relatively peanuts. and secured safely and securely in the boot storage. And you never know when it will come in handy. I always have a recovery rope in the boot as well.
-
Westfalia towbar fitted
There were some Yeti's that had a higher spec cooling fan than standard if towbar prep was specified or towbar fitted at factory but I've not seen an official list. This is the list for the Karoq.
-
Westfalia towbar fitted
I have factory fit. It's Westfalia the same as Dale has fitted. The only way to be sure is to check the build codes to see if you have factory or aftermarket. Factory fit towbar will have 1D2 code on your sticker in the boot or in your handbook. On some models in some markets this also includes cooling upgrades but I've never seen a definitive list as to what upgrades to what engines in which markets. Although I have seen a list for the Karoq.
-
DSG Gearbox
It really depends. I like the engine warmed up so knock stop/start off if I'm on shorter journeys. If so I'll use hand brake and drop into N. When fully warmed up and using stop start I'll mainly use D and footbrake but if I know I'm going to be stationary for a while I'll go to P and handbrake. So the answer is a complete mixture depending on circumstances. My commute is mainly motorway and A roads with a few traffic lights. So it doesn't leave D from leaving home to stopping at work. I also do not use stop start when towing. (It's disabled anyway on most cars if coded correctly)
-
DSG Gearbox
Indeed the selector is nearly all microswitches with inputs into the ECU. Some will say you have increased wear on the selector, possibly the parking pawl and maybe even the mechatronics compared to just leaving it in D and using the foot brake. Modern systems are designed around stop/start and systems like auto hold. For normal driving it's expected the car will sit in D while stationary and in the Yeti's case the owner will sit with the foot on the brake and for cars with Auto Hold the cars systems will artificially have the foot on the brake pedal. That's were we are and why many newer cars have brake lights stuck on when at junctions or traffic lights. Upsets some but that's the way the technology has gone.
-
DSG Gearbox
It's not down to the Yeti's age that it doesn't have Auto Hold and EPB. The platform and systems the Yeti uses have had Auto Hold and EPB fitted on certain models since 2005. It was more Skoda marketing thinking what do we need to offer at this price point. The technology was readily available in the VAG group. It's the same as the Mk3 MQB Octavia getting a manual handbrake and no auto hold while other MQB cars like the Golf getting Autohold and EPB. With more current cars a certain level of equipment is required which is why the Karoq, Kodiaq and even the latest Octavia get EPB.
-
I've got a few questions
Every 3 years for Haldex service. Gen 4 should also have the filter changed. Gen 5 should have the pump gauze cleaned.
-
Shopping bag hooks in boot
The majority of times I've had a puncture I've found it flat when coming to use the vehicle either at home, work, carpark etc. It's this situation where spare is worth while.
-
Leaking Panoramic Sunroof 2016 L&K 4x4
Didn't give full explanation, just remove, repair, reseal. Bill would have been around £1400 they said.
-
Leaking Panoramic Sunroof 2016 L&K 4x4
OSF footwell
-
Yeti Boot Liner
Be aware there's usually two sizes of mats/covers for the Yeti. With and without raised floor.
-
Leaking Panoramic Sunroof 2016 L&K 4x4
Mine was removed, repaired and resealed at the dealers under warranty. 2017 L&K.
-
Shopping bag hooks in boot
Our first two Yeti's didn't have a spare and the hooks were great. Current one has a spare and the hooks are virtually pointless.
-
DSG Gearbox
Only downside is in N the engine will restart if you lift your foot off the brake. In P the engine remains off. DQ381
-
New Yeti owner
They do. But... Genuine Skoda towbars are Westfalia. And... Most dealers sub it out to an independent. So you may as well just get a trusted independent to do it. As you have approved used warranty under no circumstances get a bypass relay install.
-
New Yeti owner
Rainworth Skoda did mine for £130, Not sure about the iphone I ditched apple many years ago. Certainly on Android Auto I can play music on my phone (1.5TB's worth), any of the streaming services (I use Amazon Prime HD) or even stream music from my NAS at home. And of course radio stations from the likes of TuneIn. All via voice control while navigating with Google Maps.
-
New Yeti owner
All Yeti's from around 2015 with MIB-2 head units had Smart-Link installed but it was always an option to have it activated. From the Factory it was on offer for £50 for a while but most dealers charge £130 to purchase the code from Skoda and program in the activation key.
-
DSG Gearbox
To be fair to VAG the DQ200 has been problematic but there are plenty of others that have been great. (Some teething issues aside)
-
DSG Gearbox
There are good VAG DSG options. Just avoid the DQ200
-
DSG Gearbox
Indeed, I've had 5 DQ200's , 4 of these have had issues and all with less than 30k miles driven responsibly, 3 required new clutch packs and 1 a mechatronic. I will not buy another DQ200. I've had 3 DQ250's and a DL501, all faultless.
-
Our Yeti died.
It's acceptable to replace with a like for like without coding as long as the new battery is at maximum charge level when it's fitted.