car washed and fitted milotek lower grill

just pull off the old one and the new bits more or less go straight in i just had a few probs with the grill being a bit big so cut a few edges off took a few seconds and fits very well now

It looks like once you have the side scoops and grill surround you could cut any type of grill for the centre if you dont like the one supplied

I live at the end of a long farm road so the new grill will stop lots of crap hitting the rads and i prefer the look with the new one fitted ,if i get bored with it ill just replace the grill pattern

think id prefer it when the paint is matched. someone else posted one on a balck vrs not long ago and it looked really good on that.

Is it the black or stainless grille version by the way? cant be completely sure from the pics

I quite like this and the side air ducts have a purpose in getting more air to the front brakes!

I don't like the chrome (?) trim around the centre grill section; this need to be plain black.

PS> Keep it all black.

PPS> Where did you but it from? and at what cost?

Personally I prefer the Milotec grill to the standard one. However I agree with Bahnstormer, the chrome needs to be black. However I'm not sure about the vents. I would say they would look better colour coded!

Here is the pics of mine with and without the grill:

Skoda.jpg

octy1.jpg

Funny old thing stylistic taste, isn't it? Personally, I like it with the chrome and the black bits! I think the chrome goes well with the 'main' grille and the un colour coded side vents add a bit of contrast. If they were colour coded, I think it'd look a bit 'narrow'.

I like the side vents of it, just not the centre piece.

Pity they dont do vents that are comaptible with the OE centre... :(

I second that. Bit in middle looks rubbish. Intakes look good.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

This is becoming a bit of a thing, but I like the grill! I know I would say that as i fitted one to my black vRS (posted pics on saturday). I'm not a big fan of over the top mods (did that years ago, & probably too old now!), but this just did it for me, as I have always thought the standard affair could have been done better! Even SWMBO prefers the millotec one & she doesn't like modded anythings!

I wondered about not colour coding it too and think it looks fine either way!

I need to trim a little off mine too, to get a perfect fit, but haven't had the bottle or time to do it yet!

Wouldn't do if we all liked the same now would it?!?

I just used a pair of cheap wire snips and just took the upper and lower edges off the grill

only took a few mins and fits very easy now

Might be tempted to change the grill pattern or size of holes in the future to try some other styles should be easy with the parts that come in the kit to fit

had look at your pics the car looks very good