Ring Trip 2008 - Pic/Vid & Aftermath Discussion

--GT--

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a fab trip and my thanks go to EVERYONE that went for making it such fun, I'll not forget it in a hurry :thumbup:

Loads of pics to come but here's a taster of the trip down (sorry a poor quality vid) ;)

th_MOV00363.jpg

It was fast enough - I'm not used to driving at those speeds ;)

Oh, and the yellow fabia was Will's. He had an annoying habit of being in all the shots of the convoy.

We had a most amazing drive down - more pics to follow :D but amongst the sleek supercars was this bright yellow car with its roof sticking out over everything else. Yup it was Will :rofl::thumbup:

How fast was that??? And what was that yellow Furby doing? ;)

Around 120mph (although slowing a little) but that was the start of an amazing convoy we had to the ring :) :P

Wonder what the result was of the second picture...... :rolleyes::o

We were parked up in the car park at the time the pic was taken - the 360cs didn't go out again so technically I was faster after round the ring after the picture, before was a different story though :rolleyes:

Whats that building in the very first pic on this thread........it wasn't there at the end of last year??

Cheers

Lance

The booking centre for single passenger laps in a race prepped Dodge Vipers :thumbup:

Whats that building in the very first pic on this thread........it wasn't there at the end of last year??

Cheers

Lance

Thats were the red truck they used to use was parked.

Sadly driving at speed in the EU will soon be a thing of the past due to the soon to be passed cross border co-operation whereby a driver speeding in a foreign country will have the same penalties applied as if speeding in their own. Technically it came into force recently, but the whole thing is due to be automatic rather than paper based soon.

Rapid - Press Releases - EUROPA

There is a thread discussing it on the ringers list.

Did you have a go, and how much :)

Erm no, too much at EU270 imo :(

the Ring Taxi looked good (especially with Sabine at the wheel :)) but they had a two and a half year waiting list! :o

I've just got home too, hope everyone else is back safe and sound. (the guys in the NSX had atleast made it to birmingham when i passed them)

So much happened in four days, felt like we was there for a fortnight! Its going to take a while to digest it all and report back. (I'm liking the webcam shots:D)

So tired now, i'm not even unpacking the car till tommorow

WOOOOT! :woot:

Great weekend. Almost found the legs on the mongrel, and although no laps of mine were timed properly, I reckon after going out with Gary who put down a sub 10, I'm pretty sure I did too. It's amazing what a good driver can do with a "crap car" EH STEVE!? :P

It's amazing what a good driver can do with a "crap car" EH STEVE!? :P

........or in my case a "crap driver" in a good car! :o;)

The guy that took my car round the Ring was absolutely brilliant, an awesome experience :thumbup:

I is back now too and in one piece and I didn't get lost :P

Just slurping on a can of Jupiler as I browse the piccies of me chasing that Porsche :rofl:

Fantastic few days, I think driving round the ring for the first time is right up there with losing your cherry :)