I may be in the 5hit.............

richie

Hi richie. There is loads on here (even if we didn't know that already) about hidden repercussions about what can happen beyond the bumper - I doubt anyone in their right mind would question that, so nowt wrong with that in principle. If she was saying she didn't want to involve an insurance company, then she'd be backtracking of course. It's your right and more particularly your obligation to report an accident to your insurer (as is hers). You'll know that better than I of course. As said, I'm just a bit surprised you got into a discussion about it at all as you were the car in front and could have just walked away and driven off. You will know why you stayed there and presumably tried to explain calmly. I wasn't there. Presumably her car was intact and she was able to drive off also? If so, then it seems to be down to exchange of words as you said in the first place and I guess only you will know what you said, whether it be quoting the law or "sounding off".

On the face of it, I wouldn't have thought you had any case to answer but I don't know what that "case" is. :ne_nau:

I guess you'll be going over your thoughts of the time. These are just mine and hopefully you'll get yours sorted into bullet points as to the why's and wherefore's, so hope mine help you with yours. Of course, deliberating over it is not the best thing when a confident demeanour would be better.

Feel free to ignore.

Best

Mo

It would be rude of me to ingnore any comments made by any one. Thanks for your oppinions, it gives me another perspective to consider.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems your boss is ok with what you told him.

Will she know who to complain to?

As you are not Kent police.

It's a sad fact that is if there is an opportunity, no matter how small, to get an officer, or the Police in general, in trouble, people will take it. Whether it be by the media or general public. :mad:

I hope everything gets sorted out for you mate.

Seems your boss is ok with what you told him.

Will she know who to complain to?

As you are not Kent police.

She did not ask for my details, ie force number etc. So she must have assumed that I was Kent police.

shouldn't/couldn't you report her for careless driving? Ask her why she was talking on her mobile when she hit you.

There is the "offence" of failing to stop in the distance in front you can see to be clear. When she hit the car, I was looking to my right at the on coming traffic. I didn't see her coming as it were.

It's a sad fact that is if there is an opportunity, no matter how small, to get an officer, or the Police in general, in trouble, people will take it. Whether it be by the media or general public. :mad:

I hope everything gets sorted out for you mate.

Too true sadly, (I think there is some anti police sentiment on this site at times :(), it's the way of the world nowadays.

It was an Inspector at Coldharbour who sent the Skipper to see me, wasn't Pops was it?? :P

I don't think you have anything to worry about really. TBH I'd be pretty annoyed myself if someone drove into the back of me for no good reason then had a go at me for my being a bit upset with them. The fact that she's making a song and dance about your attitiude is just her way of trying to shift the blame and avoid accepting responsibility for her own mistake.

Anyway seeing as you have her details you should get all this sorted out then wait six months and then send the boys round to give her a good kicking! That'll teach the stupid blind cow! ;)

It was an Inspector at Coldharbour who sent the Skipper to see me, wasn't Pops was it?? :P
Lol, wouldn't it be funny if it was?! :rofl: Dad's not an Inspector and isn't based at Coldharbour, so that rules him out at least. :P

I don't think you have anything to worry about really. TBH I'd be pretty annoyed myself if someone drove into the back of me for no good reason then had a go at me for my being a bit upset with them. The fact that she's making a song and dance about your attitiude is just her way of trying to shift the blame and avoid accepting responsibility for her own mistake.

Anyway seeing as you have her details you should get all this sorted out then wait six months and then send the boys round to give her a good kicking! That'll teach the stupid blind cow! ;)

Errrmm, steady on!! I don't have her details, Skoda Uk do. I value my pension and salary too much to do any thing silly like "send the boys round" :(

Lol, wouldn't it be funny if it was?! :rofl: Dad's not an Inspector and isn't based at Coldharbour, so that rules him out at least. :P

Opps, sorry fella though he was on both counts ;)

Errrmm, steady on!! I don't have her details, Skoda Uk do. I value my pension and salary too much to do any thing silly like "send the boys round" :(

I hope this does go away and leaves your record untarnished. I've tried to give my thoughts as a woman (albeit probably a calmer one than you encountered, though if she was "in for a fight" then the complaint would presumably confirm that).

I'd say that policemen do tend to appear to be aggressive, presumably as they might need to take the upper hand straight away. When I've been stopped, almost every sentence uttered has sounded like a warning (so sort of threatening even though I'd not done anything wrong). I'm not sure how one mounts a defence against "attitude", as that is subjective. Again, I'd just repeat that you had the upper hand already as she ran into you so what made your actions any different or maybe people do just have it in for policemen.

I've no idea why the woman would have made a complaint - most peeps would think they'd done enough damage without causing extra grief. Unless there's a percentage in that like getting off driving without care (whatever)?

Regards

Mo

• 2 weeks later...

I would have thought that your Insp will just cuff it as it sounds like nothing. In which case it wont go to professional standards or anything like that. He can just deal with it as a local resolution.

Not a nice thing to go through though. Hope all gets sorted.

As of yet, no word from my Inspector. I am going to see him on Monday if I've not heard anything. My Sargeant thinks it's all a load of cack, but he's not the one waiting to see what may or may not happen.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFlipping nothing :mad:

The Infector seems too pre occupied with the reduction of officers at work. Potentialy 17 in total and 3 police dogs!!!!!!!!!!! ( out of a compliment of 32 PC's )

We are in deep doo doo. 7 PC's may be covered by natural wastage, but it's the other 10 when the sub station closes :thumbdwn:

Any one in Kent needing to employ a 7 year veteran of the police service ?????? Minimum wage required £33.000 p/a......................................:(

Have to say I feel for you Richie...having been on the wrong side of PSD before.

My advice (for what it's worth, based on my personal experience) is if you get interviewed by PSD say AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE - if you give them anything they'll twist it around and use it against you.

Good luck. Plenty of vacancies in Hampshire at the mo... think we'll be looking fr a new ACC and DCC soon...try out for one of their posts!

(I'm going to)

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFlipping nothing :mad:

The Infector seems too pre occupied with the reduction of officers at work. Potentialy 17 in total and 3 police dogs!!!!!!!!!!! ( out of a compliment of 32 PC's )

We are in deep doo doo. 7 PC's may be covered by natural wastage, but it's the other 10 when the sub station closes :thumbdwn:

Any one in Kent needing to employ a 7 year veteran of the police service ?????? Minimum wage required £33.000 p/a......................................:(

Thats rubbish Rich.

What happens to the dogs ?