More VRS speculation - MERGED

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most dealers will have all the details on the new VRs next week.

Skoda are putting on a Function for the dealers to go to, to tell them about all the ne3w cars that are comign out, and all the details on them (Dates of release, Engines, Specs)

Had this confirmed to me last night by a mate, who is head sales for Skoda dealership!!!

HTH

Chris

Just seen that on Autocar and came to post as well. Tis a sad day if it is true, although a 1.4tfsi with 170+bhp in a car of that weight would be seriously fast, your probably lookin at a 7 second 0-60 time!!!!:D But will not be the same without diesel fuel:weeping:!

But will not be the same without diesel fuel:weeping:!

I've heard the TFSI is about as refined as a bag of spanners, so the experience won't be that far removed from PD power! ;)

I've heard the TFSI is about as refined as a bag of spanners, so the experience won't be that far removed from PD power! ;)

Dunno what the Fabia VRS was like, but my Fabia PD100 has a nice little step in the power as the revs rise. Smoothness is no fun. :D

I'd thought that they'd wait for the new 1.6 tdi thingy that was mentioned recently - that'd get you less weight up front but (presumably) similar power.

Or the 3.6 from the Superb/Passat. That'd be the obvious choice, and the only way to surpass the 2.0 8v.

Or the 3.6 from the Superb/Passat. That'd be the obvious choice, and the only way to surpass the 2.0 8v.

I was thinking of the 1.4 twincharger come to think of it - the TFSI might be quite good... :o

Seeing as it had a sales record about as successful as the DeLorean, there must be a few engines from unsold Passat 4.0 W8s that could become the successor to the legendary 2.0? ;):D

Put it this way Skoda....

IF YOU DON'T DO A DIESEL YOU WILL PERMANENTLY LOOSE A CUSTOMER!!!!!

Just because the Diesel price is higher, I for one still want the choice of a TDi unit!!

Going by the confusion around naming the 1.4 turbo and the 1.4 Twincharger.... do we think that there is a possibility of either going in the fabia ?

I thought the only 1.4 capable of upto 170bhp was the twincharger.

Seeing as it had a sales record about as successful as the DeLorean, there must be a few engines from unsold Passat 4.0 W8s that could become the successor to the legendary 2.0? ;):D

I think it's time Skoda broke away from the VAG engine straightjacket and started developing their own. I'll start the ball rolling with a suggestion; the Y-9. Three banks of three cylinders, possibly all mounted on a comedy-bow-tie style spinner.

Surely the road tax would be higher than a diesel, and it would cost more in fuel to run even at 10p cheaper per litre?

I saw the other day in a mag that Seat were testing the next Ibiza with the 170 2.0 TDi, sure it was Autocar or some mag like that?

Surely Skoda could do one, I thought that the sale of the TSi's were dropping?

I would think that the tdi would be at least 10mpg more efficient?

Going by the confusion around naming the 1.4 turbo and the 1.4 Twincharger.... do we think that there is a possibility of either going in the fabia ?

I thought the only 1.4 capable of upto 170bhp was the twincharger.

Yup a bit of confusion seems to have been created... When the 1.4TSI (aka:TwinCharger) 1st arrived it was available with 140hp & 170hp! Then they produced a 120-125hp variation (sbka: 1.4TfSI) that doesn't use the supercharger, alternately useing an inline water-cooled intercooler!

Not that I'm by any means an authority on these things. But it seems more reasonable to expect that the 1.4TfSI 125hp will become available after Seat get this in the Ibiza Sport-Up(it's already being sold in the Leon...)!!!

The diesel option always seemed to be the 1.6-CR(?135hp?) yet unless we're experiencing the quiet before the storm? Then it's unlikely to arrive any time soon... So I would put my faith in receiving the 2.0PD/CR-140hp!!!

The only other option might be the 1.8TfSI 160-170hp that's rumored to be making it's way into the Ibiza FR(Already being Offered in the OctaviaII...)!!!

Not that I'm by any means an authority on these things. But it seems more reasonable to expect that the 1.4TfSI 125hp will become available after Seat get this in the Ibiza Sport-Up(it's already being sold in the Leon...)!!!

Ahh is this the 1.4 that is currently aviliable in New Audi A3's (replaced the 1.6) and will be the base engine in the New Superb ??

I was under the impression that it was just a de-tuned version of the 140/170bhp Turbo/Supercahrged 1.4 unit?

The only other option might be the 1.8TfSI 160-170hp that's rumored to be making it's way into the Ibiza FR(Already being Offered in the OctaviaII...)!!!

And is all set in the Passat CC now, and by what I ahve heard despite being the base option its the best powerplant.

Ahh is this the 1.4 that is currently aviliable in New Audi A3's (replaced the 1.6) and will be the base engine in the New Superb ??

I was under the impression that it was just a de-tuned version of the 140/170bhp Turbo/Supercahrged 1.4 unit?

Whereas I thought it was turbo only.

Yes. Jeremy Clarkson said the engine in question was a refined as falling down a flight of stairs or something similar, but I have read good things about it in Autocar and What Car. I'd like to try for myself, but I'm a PD 100 man to be honest. At least until diesel is so expensive only footballers can afford to drive diesel cars.

:(

Whereas I thought it was turbo only.

Which one ? The 125bhp unit or the 140/70bhp unit's.... ?

:confused:

Are we saying the follwoing;

125bhp = 1.4+Turbo

140bhp= 1.4+Turbo+Supercharger

170bhp= 1.4+Turbo+Supercharger

With all the above being badged TSI ??

And is all set in the Passat CC now, and by what I ahve heard despite being the base option its the best powerplant.

I've also seen a few Audi A5s badged as 1.8T which must be this new engine not the old school 1.8T. I was surprised to that, I expected the 2.0T to be the base engine in the A5. Seems an impressive engine, The official fuel ecomony of the Octy 1.8T is close to that Golf GT with the 1.4TSI

I think even what when know as the TFSI is labeled as a TSi now. It seems to be VAG's new descriptor for that type of engine.

There is a replacement 2.0 TSi Turbo already around.

Here are a couple of pics thanks to Keith @ JKM -

attachment.php?attachmentid=21897&d=1212135402

attachment.php?attachmentid=21898&d=1212135402

21897.attach

21898.attach