****ing Beeeeppp!!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BEEP! Im low on fuel, BEEP im low on screen wash, BEEP BEEP BEEP THE CAR DOOR IS OPEN!:mad::finger:

Is there anyway to turn this good forsaken sound off?!

Thanks in advance.......rant over

John

You forgot....

BEEP it's cold outside, it might be icy! (I ***king know, i've just sat down in here and i'm freezing my t*ts off, now hurry up and start pumping some warm air in my direction!!)

Although that was about 6 months ago..... :rolleyes:

You forgot....

BEEP it's cold outside, it might be icy! (I ***king know, i've just sat down in here and i'm freezing my t*ts off, now hurry up and start pumping some warm air in my direction!!)

I think a simple light is enough to let you no something is wrong or a warning. That beep goes straight through me!

Would vagcom do it?:confused:

I have no idea at all. Hopefully someone in the know will view this soon and be slightly more helpful.

I do sympathise though mate, it cuts right through me too. It's like fingernails down a blackboard or someone grinding teeth really hard!!! :gnasher:

:finger: Val :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I mustn't forget to add a comma ever again.

:finger: Val :rofl::rofl::rofl:

You got OCD ? :rolleyes:

Yeah right, pulling into the drive last night slipping past the gas fire outlet [steel cage affair] and the frickin thing beeps. Instinctively look up and hit the mirror on the outlet !!!

Nicely grazed mirror now and I've only had the bloody car a week :(

Can anyone actually help??

Surely it's nothing a member with VAG-COM couldn't sort out for you? You can tinker with most other things that way?

I'm convinced the ASR made a beep come through my stereo this morning (same sound as when scrolling through the menus), but as I was listening to my Bugged Out! compilation, it might just have been the stereo commenting on my taste in music! :o

BEEP! Im low on fuel, BEEP im low on screen wash, BEEP BEEP BEEP THE CAR DOOR IS OPEN!:mad::finger:

Is there anyway to turn this good forsaken sound off?!

Thanks in advance.......rant over

John

pop the dash pod out and put soem gaffer tape over the speaker. :thumbup:

Job done in five seconds.

The beep was very sharp, loud and piercing on the earlier cars, they did change it later though, much softer now, it doesn't make you jump out of your skin anymore. At least, that's been my experience going from an 04 to an 07 vRS.

• 4 months later...

The easiest way i find is to make sure the fluids are topped up to the correct level, lights are off before you get out the car and have no blown bulbs, this way it will only beep at you when the temperature drops to an icy level.

Problem solved :thumbup:

The easiest way i find is to make sure the fluids are topped up to the correct level, lights are off before you get out the car and have no blown bulbs, this way it will only beep at you when the temperature drops to an icy level.

Problem solved :thumbup:

A sensible answer indeed. I have to say with having such a tiny washer resevoir and winter coming fast, the ice and washers empty beeping will be getting on my tits too.

A sensible answer indeed. I have to say with having such a tiny washer resevoir and winter coming fast, the ice and washers empty beeping will be getting on my tits too.

I thought Scanias/MACS/Volvos etc had really big washer bottles?:D

The 'problem' with modern day vehicles is we are wrapped in our lovely warm car that is loaded with safety equipment like ABS & airbags etc and its all too easy to be traveling along not realizing how cold it actually is outside, simply because we are sitting in a climate controlled cabin which keeps the temperature nice and consistent.

Personally i can live with a bong going off at +5° (or there abouts) thus warning me of possible ice on the roads.