Spot the difference??

Hi all,

A few of us last night met for a wee scottish region briskoda region meet and we decided to play a game of spot the diffrence with the Mudpuppy's car.

Can you spot the subtle mod which Mudpuppy assures us is going to be done, and I quite like it as well but not so sure If I'm going to do it as yet!

Here is a pic of Kay's car at the end of last month.

Image006-4.jpg

First thing's it's not the grille as Kay has already posted some pics up.

Here is the subtle change, can you spot it?? Opinions are welcome as well.

Image008-7.jpg

Can you guess what it is???

If you can't guess what it is here is a pic of the Fabia which donated it's part looking very MG ZR like!!

Image004-9.jpg

And finally a couple of scenic pics with Mudpuppy's car put back together.

Image009-5.jpg

Image011-6.jpg

Enjoy

Davy

yellow surround on black bumper looks cool. :cool::o

i agree, i'm also liking the black ones on the yellow car, hmmmm maybe.... i dont know if i would paint mine black but if i got another set i'd do it.

Who drives the miniature camper van?

Thats my mates, he is small but not that small :rofl::rofl:

He bought it to a vw meet last month and it ended it with a flat battery.

Glad you like Kay, can't wait to see the finshed article of your car, I'm still toying with the idea at the moment, but I did see one downside to doing everything black at the front for me and it was a another car!

Davy

Feck. I've was spraying up a set of matt black fog surrounds only yesterday. They're sitting on my kitchen table waiting for superglue to get them to fit the surrounds properly.

Thought I would be the first - as I *really* like the look of the black surrounds on a non-black car.

BTW - the surrounds are only about £3 something so it's worth a punt. You will have to paint them, though as they come with a really shiny finish that looks pants.

I Photoshopped this mod at the begining of last month, hehe!

http://briskoda.net/forums/fabia/photoshopped-what-i-d-do/110065/

But I don't claim to be the first (virtual, at least)..

I think actually that Stuart_hatch has had this lil paint mod for a short while already.. he's the guy with the seriously low VRS-replica-ish fabia.. really nice interior.. it's silver / greay but he never seems to post a pic of the front of his car but I seem to remember seeing it at least once with this..

maybe he did it first?

So the surrounds are only £3 from Skoda???

Hmm sounds a plan when I take mine back in for some warrenty work on Wednesday but it's Kay's idea first.

Davy

Unfortunately I don't know which part number is left and which is right, but for the fog surrounds it's:

6Y0 853 655A and 6Y0 853 656A at £3.07 each

and for the grilles behind them it's:

6Y0 853 683A and 6Y0 853 684A at £5.51 each

Add VAT and it's a grand total of £20.16. Add paint to that and it's a very cheap mod. I just used Halfords plastic primer and their matt black paint. If you paint the surround only it's a *perfect* match for the matt plastic finish on the grille behind. The only trouble is getting the surround to snap into the grilles at the end nearest the number plate. Hence my need for superglue (hot glue wasn't strong enough).

However, now that others have got there first - I've ordered up "something else" to wrap up into this mod so you'll all have to wait and see... (It's not RS6 leds if that's what you're thinking - budget doesn't stretch quite that far...)

Deek.