Cheap Ebay Alternative to MFD2 installed.

Small world , isn't it.

I once mentioned my postcode on here and someone replied with "ah , so I can see your car from my house"

He lived about 8 houses down on the opposite side of the road.

Perhaps we should have a mini-meet or even micro-meet....

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It looks to me like the tuner does have RDS, look at the picture from the original post.

22062008220.jpg

You can see the RDS TA, PTY, AF buttons on the screen, and also the RDS station name. It does look like the station memory is done using the frequency rather than RDS data, this will cause a problem if you move into another area and try to use the preset because it wont work.

Wicked, that second one looks ace and damo's foun it on ebay. Anyway excuse by dumbness:confused: but:

a) is it easy to remove the old unit?

B) easy to install?

c) how does the ipod link to it and does it have full control?

d) how do you get tomtom on it, do you have to buy a separate cd to load it and does it need an gps antenna or something???

I'm really interested in buying one so any help would be very much apprecited.

Cheers...

wonderbadger, Witson wouldnt even discuss price with me. Just kept repeating that they wanted a guarantee on 5 units before entering into talks over price.

I just made an offer on the one linked above on Ebay. He accepted £339+pp and has 20 of them.

That sounds like a great way to do business...

"Would you like to buy 10 of these widgets?"

"How much are they?"

"I'm not telling you unless you definately want them!?"

I would think there are more than 5 potential buyers on here if we could get a price out of them

Another thought... is it worth contacting the ebay seller of the Witson-Skoda unit to see what price they would do if they got an order for 5 from people on here, would cut out the hassle of a group buy and importing, wouldnt be as cheap but easier than dealing directly with Witson by the sounds of it

Wonderbadger, it's up for £379 + £35pp, so I made an offer of £319 and they countered with £339. Thats pretty good. Thing about ebay offers is its contractually binding if you accept the counter offer.

I doubt you could get less than around £320 for a group buy.

OK, i bought it on Ebay for £329.99 + £35 postage = £364.99, which I think is pretty damn good for what the thing does (plus its the Skoda version apparently according to the item description).

Saved 13.16% (£50.00) off the Buy It Now price according to Ebay.

7" 2 Din Car DVD Player GPS Bluetooth Skoda Octavia on eBay, also GPS Systems, Navigation GPS, In-Car Entertainment GPS, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 25-Jul-08 14:35:14 BST)

DVD with fixed monitor

DVD/DVD-R/VCD/CD/CD-R/CD-RW/DivX player

7 Inches new color TFT-LCD

Graphical User Interface

Built-in GPS system operated by touch screen

Dualzone function(Listen Radio/CD while watching GPS image)

Built-in bluetooth

& Coming Tel No. dispaly function

& Call out directly by touch screen

USB plug

SD/MMC card slot

I-POD supported

RDS receiver function

Built-in TV tuner

Steering wheel control function

Full-function OSD remote control

FM/AM stereo receiver

4*45 Watts amplifier

One way video input

Two-way A/V output

Electronic & mechanical anti-shock system

Auto rear viewing function

RCA line out

Yeah thats what i found too when looking, would be interested to see how you get on with installing the unit in your car and how easy it is to get satnav up and running:thumbup:.

Are you fitting it all yourself?

If i've got some money left after next payday i think i might go for one

Igo 8 should work, working great on mine, you dont install it on the unit itself it runs off the SD card. You just select the exe file within the sat nav options. Just a tip if anyone is looking to buy in a group buy speak to the chap direct and you will get a better discount than going through ebay (rip off fees) I paid £350 for my unit which included postage and additional TomTom which he was charging £30 for so overall I saved £75 off his ebay price.

I prefer the look of the second version. These are shaping up to be really nice little units, especially if people start to write nice firmware for them.

If anyone gets one that is around Manchester let me know! I'll be only tempted after I see one in the flesh. Too much money to be taking gamble!

I'm with you too Vimto

Need to see one

but my cash is burning a big hole in my pocket :eek:

Sweet, who's up for going for a group buy direct then??

See what price he will give us on 5 units+ ?

Unless anyone can find the one like Igorrs with the 2 sd slots at the bottom?