VRS vs UK scooby/evo

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are too many variables in your question. Which version of the scooby/evo, who's driving at the time, what upgrades to the Octy etc etc...

I'd say very little chance indeed TBH.

i had a play with a previous shape but new wrx on an airfield in a staged race and he slowly pulled on me constantly upto about 130mph. i was running a shade over 200bhp in my 4x4 with a blueflame turbo back exhaust, fmic, tip, cai.

ime scoody WRX arnt to much trouble and fairly even as iirc theyre not overly powerful and have woeful brakes however STi's id imagine would have an easy time against a remaped VRS but it really does matter on the driver.

with just a remap youd have fun on the straights but i wouldnt think much chance in the twisties unless the vrs was getting very powerful and had LSD

we'll say an evo 7 or an old shape wrx 95+ both are about 260bhp standard i think. and we'll say the octy is about 240bhp. equal drivers etc. just curious cos i think the octy would steal it personally. obviously not off the mark cos the 4x4 would eat the octy alive!

ime scoody WRX arnt to much trouble and fairly even as iirc theyre not overly powerful and have woeful brakes however STi's id imagine would have an easy time against a remaped VRS but it really does matter on the driver.

with just a remap youd have fun on the straights but i wouldnt think much chance in the twisties unless the vrs was getting very powerful and had LSD

a standard blob eye wrx is 221bhp 221lbft and hits 60 in 5.7s and i wasn't far behind on the airfield, probably getting 60 in 6 seconds. the sti however is 261bhp 253lbft and gets to 60 in only 5.2.

we'll say an evo 7 or an old shape wrx 95+ both are about 260bhp standard i think. and we'll say the octy is about 240bhp. equal drivers etc. just curious cos i think the octy would steal it personally. obviously not off the mark cos the 4x4 would eat the octy alive!

you'd think that but it doesn't.

that and the octavia won't be 240bhp on a K03s :)

Sorry mate but going from an Octy vRS to an EVO V, there is no chance that a vRS fitted with the K03s turbo would have any chance. The EVO is 280bhp as standard on book figures but normally show up about 290bhp on decent rollers. Plus the EVO is a little bit lighter.

Arnt standard vrs octys 0 to 60 just below 8 seconds standard i think and would need a lot of mods to get down to sub 6 seconds

And some really good pedal control and a bit of luck to get the power down :D

What your all forgetting is the extra drive train loss that he scooby will suffer.

I can imagine them being slightly quicker to sixty than a FWD octy but above that, the octy should be able to pull it back.

I've had several run ins with new shape WRX's in my octy and my previous mk5 gti and every time i've been dissapointed with the lack of power in the scooby.

I will say though, all in straight lines, dont fancy my chances in the twisties!

i had a play with a previous shape but new wrx on an airfield in a staged race and he slowly pulled on me constantly upto about 130mph. i was running a shade over 200bhp in my 4x4 with a blueflame turbo back exhaust, fmic, tip, cai.

but to be fair you drive slow sedately you were never gonna have him...you never had your car...granny shiftin' not double clutchin' like you should...:rolleyes:

but to be fair you drive slow sedately you were never gonna have him...you never had your car...granny shiftin' not double clutchin' like you should...:rolleyes:

hhahahaha quality film!

...."manifold pressure warning" (then the passenger floorpan falls off!)

Someone just say a quick note on the 2 vrs cars, much difference????

I haven't driven one yet of the mk2's but have a small race with one up to 120mph he couldn't close the gap!!

Are they heavier, or is 20bhp not worth chatting about.

well both I and a remapped FWD 150bhp octavia elegence had the same race witht eh same man and if anything i did better but i still lost!

what you lot seem to be forgetting is the other guy might not be racing but reacting to you and it takes a lot of power to out drag a car that has started accelerating before you.

your remapped octavia's are not quicker than a turbo imprezza/evo, you need bigger turbo's and things to beat them.

in your signature, do you mean "como estas, putas?":thumbup:

But saying that theres a few octys on here pushing over 300bhp,im sure they might have some stories to tell:rolleyes:

Problem is that with the standard turbo the EVO can still achieve 350bhp and similar torque from a remap and the typical exhaust and decat. The Octavia vRS is a nice car to shuttle the kids round in (i did for a year) But if you want a fast car then buy one to start with.

Darren

I nearly got myself a scooby before i got my vrs,but im glad i didnt

Quick cars they may be but iv not regreted buying the octy one little bit,iv got two little kids so needed a car which was practicul,had 4 doors,a big boot,and can also be fun to drive when your on your own.

I wouldn't give it up for anything ,in fact i love it and i would defiantly buy another skoda..oh yes indeedy!!!