New Bury Bluetooth System Fitted

Just had a Bury Bluetooth system fitted to my VRS. I was looking at a Parrot system but wanted a removable colour screen which is not done by Partot at the moment. Then during my search I found this Bury system. Just had it fitted locally for the same price as the internet (more great service from Uplands in Swansea). I have included pics of the screen removed, screen in place and close up of screen. The system is absolutely great, much better than the Toyota system in my wifes Verso. I can not compare it to the Parrot systems as I have never used one although I find it difficult to believe it will be any better than the Bury. The system was easy to set up- just put the bluetooth on my phone on, type in the code and it paired straight away as well as download my whole address book into it. Then to dial I just say Dial and the name of the contact in my phone book and it finds it and dials it. There was no need to train the system to my voice or add voice tags to each contact it just recognises what I say (had no problems with it understanding me so far). When a call comes in it cuts the stereo and puts the call through the front speakers. The sound is crystal clear and then person on the other end can hear me clearly. It will also read out any text messages I recieve. So far I would give it 10 out of 10.

Hope this is of some use to someone

23306.attach

23307.attach

23308.attach

Skomas, cheers again for all the help in finding the perfect location for the screen. Makefish, the maxidot and bluetooth route would have been at least twice (if not 3 times) the cost just for the parts and that would be without all the hassle of fitting it. Yes it may look a little better as OEM but for me would not be worth cost and hassle. Also not sure how good the functionality of the OEM system is. Certainly the Bury system is streets ahead of the Toyota system my wife has installed in her Verso (you have to add voice tags for each contact and wil also not read out text messages) but not sure how good the voice recognition etc on skoda system is.

• 2 months later...

Just had one of these car kits fitted to our company pool car (Mazda 6). Got to say its very sweet! Very user friendly and works like a dream with my VarioIII.

Will test it out properly tomorrow and this weekend. But definitely worth considering if the OEM is out of your budget or you don't have maxidot!

I have one of these in the vRoomster, I mounted mine differently though, using a phone mount bracket, there are some night shots as well in the thread showing the green illumination.

http://briskoda.net/roomster/fitted-thb-bury-vroomster-today/122885/

Well while we were trying it..we couldn't get it to read texts from the VarioIII or BB 8800. Not tried the Bold yet. But i'm not bothered about the text feature.

But the phone book, and the voice commands are pretty nifty!

Well while we were trying it..we couldn't get it to read texts from the VarioIII or BB 8800. Not tried the Bold yet. But i'm not bothered about the text feature.

But the phone book, and the voice commands are pretty nifty!

I don't think you'll get any WM based devices to to texts.

I have one of these in my freelander. Much better for functionality than the skoda OEM.

The only way the Skoda OEM is as good is if you have a MFSW and columbus touch screen display.

I have the OEM in my vRS and although it has the advantage of been discreet its a lot harder to use while on the move.

Steve

I don't think you'll get any WM based devices to to texts.

Well put it this way...I was just happy it did my phonebook! It didn't do texts on the BB 8800 either.

I'll see if I can try the bold, and Touch Diamond Pro next week. But again the texts feature is not essential for me.

i like the vag version that uses maxidot as its less clutter and adds to re sale value.

There is nothing visible to say that you have a BT car kit fitted. No screen, no microphone.......

I love the voice dial feature & you can dial numbers that way, without having to take your eyes off the road (unless you have to read the number....), very polite woman! I'm sure the columbus would be better for ease of operation, but the maxidot is easier than any BT car kit I've ever had & better line of sight compared any BT car kit including the columbus. (though I'd like a columbus)

I've got a parrot 3200LS, but I must admit I was tempted to change to the bury and fit the parrot to a different car.

Had a play with one in the shop and it's a good solid piece of kit. Only thing I would say is that I really dislike the mounting position and would go for the brodit by the vent every time.

Also to all those who say skoda BT adds to the resale value you are deluding yourself. It adds as much as any other option.... nothing.

It just potentially makes it easier to sell.

Actually bearing in mind it isn't available in the UK some people might think the car could be an import since it is fitted and actually offer lower.

With the bury kit etc you can move them from car to car.

Yes you afre right. It cuts the stereo sound and then plays the speach through the car speakers. Text works fine on my sony erricson. I really like the way you do not have to teach it anything. Just say the name in your phone book and it finds it.

I think the screen looks fine and does not look cluttered. IMHO it can look a bit cluttered having the screen mounted near the stereo and I prefer it in my location on the left side. However, each to their own and it all depends on what you prefer. I would recommend the bury for functionality. I have never used a sat nav wih bluetooth but have heard that the sound quality can be rubbish and not very usable. Again it all depends on what you like. The oem kit looks good, if you have maxidot etc. but I think the bury beats it on functionality and price.

Well I've had a pretty good play with the Bury kit over the weekend. And I've got to say its been very reliable. Connects when it should, working with no faults whatsoever.

So much so, I'm gonna get it in my car now.

Cheezemonkhai, where is the brodit vent clip that your on about. As I would want mine over the vent rather than stuck on with the lil mount the comes with it.