Halfords Own VW oil

cheezemonkhai

As long as it meets the appropriate VW spec, then it will be fine.

Ta Mannyo, I'm aware of that but certainly in the past different oils of the same specs used to perform differently. I guess it's this that has me being curious.

Seems like a bargain oil to me, especially when VAG charge £51 + VAT for 5L of the shell oil :)

All the Halfords brand oil is made by Comma so it's not a bad oil to go for plus all the filters are made by Fram and if you DO have a trade card you'll get the filter for a greatly reduced price but you'll not get much off the oil unfortunately (you'll not get the screwdrivers free either if you use your trade card so if you want them you'll have to pay full whack for the oil unless they've changed the rules since I left) :)

All good, although now I know it's Comma oil, the motor factor behind halfords sells the same oil for £32+VAT for 5L so about £7.50 per L.

Still a bit of a bargain for anybody doing their own servicing with just a halfords to hand. Also good if your car uses a bit of oil as you could fill your 1L bottle from one of these and keep it in the car.

One of the Vauxhall Clubs, but can't remember which.

Halfords Head Office said this offering to the Vauxhall club was a trial, and that it hadn't been successful - as a result it wasn't something they were planning to offer to other car clubs...

Rob.

how does one get a trade card for halfords? perhaps a freedom member discount needs to be arranged to?;)

Easy. I went in and enquired and was told I would need a wage slip as proof. So i took one in. No one questioned what the company I worked for did :rolleyes:

Granted, if you worked for Tesco's then they might notice, then again you could say you work on their truck fleet!

TBH I don't think they really care. If you have their trade card you are going to buy from them rather than someone else - so they still make money from you regardless of whether you really are trade or not.