it finally arrived, octy vrs cr tdi dsg

I've got mine!

Yeah, picked up my shiny new Octy vRS cr tdi dsg hatch last saturday. Picked up just under 600km so far and all I can say is WOW!

Never imagined I'd like the car so much. It's been bloody close to perfect. Only slight minus is the tyre noise, which can be rather bad on rough surfaces. On smooth roads it's really quiet.

Also have to say I really like the dsg box. It's amazing - absolutely no going back to manual anymore. It just works so nicely. Also xenons do make a huge difference when it's dark. Had to leave to work early today and got the chance to test the xenons properly - absolutely fabulous. Also would definately recommend the built-in böuetooth handsfree, it works a treat through maxi-dot and the sound is very crisp & clear. Have already got a lot of positive feedback from sounds quality of the bt kit. The other specs you can see in my sig.

As far as for the mpg, I'm gettin 47 to 53 mpg on average. And let me assure you, I'm not pootling around like an old granny either. I'd say it's pretty damn good considering the car is still being driven in.

Attached a couple of quick pics to this post.

24315.attach

24316.attach

Edited by jlindstrom
add info about bluetooth

lovely! If there's a model which could keep me in skoda ownership it's a dsg cr vrs. Looks stunning in white. I'm not jealous at all :p

:+1:

Could be a tempting ownership prospect that, no doubt :rubchin:

:cool:

Guys, I've been asleep in a box for a few years. What does the CR stand for and what do you get extra ?

Common Rail - the new diesel engine technology taking over from the PD (Pumpe Duse)

A single high pressure pipe (CR) serves one bank for pressurised fuel, as opposed to unitary pumps (PD) which individually pressurise/inject each cylinder.

I'm running the car on 17" zeniths with 225/45 Bridgestone turanza rubber. Winter tyres are similar size on 3rd party cheap alloys.. Continental Viking Contact 3 studless.

And you're right on target with cleaning.. have to wash it already. Though my company pays for car washs so I'm thinking of getting it hand washed & waxed at a local car wash. Then have it pressure washed once a week through winter.. When it starts to look bad, have it hand washed again. Would have propably went for red or silver one if I had to wash it myself...

looks good in white, but prefer my black magic :)..had mine a couple of months now, but only getting about 42 mpg :(..still, it's great fun !!!!!!!!!!!

Mine's not a dsg and its a manual gear box but i've been taking it easy for the first 1k or so, like it say's in the owners manual.

However according to every man and his dog at work i should be opening her up a lot in the first few miles to get good mpg figures later on. One of them was a tanker driver and he said they have to thrash their diesel HGV engines to see good mpg figures.

Anyone else heard of this or sugestions for breaking in?

Mine's not a dsg and its a manual gear box but i've been taking it easy for the first 1k or so, like it say's in the owners manual.

However according to every man and his dog at work i should be opening her up a lot in the first few miles to get good mpg figures later on. One of them was a tanker driver and he said they have to thrash their diesel HGV engines to see good mpg figures.

I'd stick with what it says in the manual... :thumbup:

I hope I'm not putting a damper on things here, but is that the same CR TDi engine thats used in the Passat, where they are having problems with the fuel pumps????????

I've juts got rid of a Passat that had the fuel pump issue - but that was a PD engine (the 170bhp)...... hope it's not an issue with the CR though, my vRS arrives in a few weeks!!!

I believe in letting the engine warm up properly then giving it lots of accelerator to help bed the rings in better. Don't over rev it, and keep varying the revs even when you are cruising on the motorway.

Lots of different opinions about this - do a search on running in or breaking in and you'll see what I mean.

I'm also going with what the manual says. Besides a few fast overtakings I've kept my go fast leg in order and not given it the full boot. I've now got just over 1k kilometer on the clock which mean about 300km more and I can start driving normally. And yeah, I still love the car!

Looks awsome. how long have vrs's been available in white. I'm seeing tons of new Audi's VW's and Mondeos in white atm. Seems white is back in fashion!

Not quite sure, but I think it came out this spring. So it's a rather new color for the vrs. Sticks out the crowd nicely in parking lots.. Tested the factory detachable towbar for the first time today, it was ok. Before trying I felt the mechanism seemed a bit hard'ish or a hassle but it actually worked out to be quite easy. Have to see what dirt does to it later on.. Also it's still rather nice weather in here, I'm sure I won't like it quite so much when it starts raining or snowing cuz one has to pretty much drop down to knees to put it in it's place. Still it's nice that it's so stealth when it's not on.

Hauled three full trailers of logs with it, seemed to go nicely. Though I reckon it might be better to drop the box in sport mode for towing anything more heavy. On normal position it just drops the revs so low it has to work a bit to get going.. I think I even felt the box studder abit on few occasions when going really slow with the trailer and box had already put in 3rd or 4th.. then it got suprised by the weight, studdered and dropped down a cog. So in the future, it's propably to best to keep it in sport for towing.

Anyone else have any comments on this? (should propably start a new thread for towing though..)