upgraded sound system

There are rumours about an official corrective measure.

That means no handicraft work based on gut feeling but a structured improvement.

I read that today in a german skoda forum.

Edited by digidoctor

There are rumours about an official corrective measure.

I read that today in a german skoda forum.

Do you have a link to the post containing this rumour??

Edited by andrehj

Yes thanks, it does get the idea across but the translation is Scheiße!

Is English translated into other languages via Google just as bad?

Seriously, I'm impressed by the standard of english demonstrated by a number of forum members from different countries here. You shame a lot of us from the UK.

Mark

• 4 weeks later...

I have now got my car with the upgraded sound system and I have no rattle from the door cards and I think the sound is better than the upgraded sound system in my former Audi A4.

/P

Congradulations Perko. Hope you enjoy your Superb as much as I do. As I have said on previous posts, the upgraded sound system is definitely upgraded. It does not match a B&O or other very expensive systems but it

is good. The more I get to know my car, and the more I read on Briskoda, the more I'm beginning to think that the cars may be a little different for each country they are produced for. I am also as you located in Sweden, and perhaps there is something special about the Swedish sound system since most of the complaints appear to come from the Brits. Interestingly my Columbus/Bluetooth- phone definitely has a different menu than others

Yes thanks, it does get the idea across but the translation is Scheiße!

Is English translated into other languages via Google just as bad?

Seriously, I'm impressed by the standard of english demonstrated by a number of forum members from different countries here. You shame a lot of us from the UK.

Mark

Thanks. In denmark we learn english from 3rd/4'th grade and up. It's probably the same in most european countries. :)

So don't feel compelled to lower your own standards ;)

Congradulations Perko. Hope you enjoy your Superb as much as I do. As I have said on previous posts, the upgraded sound system is definitely upgraded. It does not match a B&O or other very expensive systems but it

is good. The more I get to know my car, and the more I read on Briskoda, the more I'm beginning to think that the cars may be a little different for each country they are produced for. I am also as you located in Sweden, and perhaps there is something special about the Swedish sound system since most of the complaints appear to come from the Brits. Interestingly my Columbus/Bluetooth- phone definitely has a different menu than others

I only had mine for 4 days, but I think it is the best car i ever owned. I hope it stays that way.

/P

• 3 months later...

I have a 2009 SuperbII with Bolero+Soundsystem, and I m not happy also.. Dealer has fighted with a factory, changed my bass speakers on front door and factory said, that the my speakers were ok. The problem in more serios and more annoing with colder weathers..

Here a sample of my sound..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cExHcujZMLA

I have a 2009 SuperbII with Bolero+Soundsystem, and I m not happy also.. Dealer has fighted with a factory, changed my bass speakers on front door and factory said, that the my speakers were ok. The problem in more serios and more annoing with colder weathers..

Here a sample of my sound..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cExHcujZMLA

wow, no wonder you are ****ed; I would be too. OK I have Columbia with upgraded sound system and it doesn't sould anything like yours. The bass is deep and rich and there is no vibration or distorsion

I totally agree that the sound from the bass speakers gets worse the colder it gets.

I've had the same issues since I collected my car in Sept 2010. Most frustrating was the fact that I had paid nearly £400 for an enhanced audio system, just to have buzzing and vibrating with certain songs, even with bass and mid levels set to minimum. Not much joy with my original 'local' dealer, but finally went to Progress Skoda in Northampton.

They had the car intially for three days, and carried out a modification that has been issued by Skoda. Not 100% sure what the mod was, but its related to cable routing within the front doors. This was completed and, cynical as I was, there was a huge improvement over audio performance pre-mod. However, I was still not completely happy with the end result, so Progress contacted Skoda UK again. Within 24 hours, Skoda UK suggested that alternative speakers be fitted - apparently they have changed their OEM Speaker supplier. Two weeks later, and after an hour of speaker swapping...... finally I have a system that I am happy to have paid the additional money for.

Please note, in line with many comments on here, its no B&O, Dynaudio, Bose replacement. BUT...... so much better than the standard set up.

MAJOR CREDIT here goes to Progress Skoda in Northampton. Huge thanks to Gavin for taking the time to actually try and solve a problem, rather than just shrugging shoulders and giving up. As a dealership, they are well worth a visit.

Have same problem with my Skoda Superb and Soundsystem. Have had the car since november last year and Skoda Sweden still hasn't taken a stance on wether they want to fix it or not. The worst part of it, they know about this forum and all the people in other countries that have the problem and got it fixed.

Waiting one or two weeks more, and then i'll consider legal action.

• 2 weeks later...

Update;

My dealer has replaced the two front speakers - which were both blown!

The horrible distortion has now been replaced with the standard distortion.

I don't feel there is any more the dealer can do now as it is clear to me that the speakers are not capable of handling the power output of the upgraded amplifier.

I now intend to get my lease company to raise a formal complaint with Skoda UK that the sound upgrade is not fit for purpose and ask for my £305 to be returned. I will then look to put this towards a proper hi-fi upgrade.

Anyone have any recommendations for a non-Skoda hi-fi upgrade?

My dealer also replaced my speakers and the sound system quality is top notch.

Phil

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know why the upgraded sound system is not an option on the Greenline Elegance model? That;s the model I am possibly looking to get at the mo.

Given everything I've read and how picky I am, I think I would go for this option if it were available. For me it doesn't make financial sense to get a non-Greenline model just to then be able to have the upgraded sound, as this is a company vehicle (difference would be over £100 a month to go from Greenline elegance specced up, to 140bhp Elegance with upgraded sound)

then again, if speakers can be upgraded without too much trouble and make a difference to the non-uprgaded sound, that might make more sense I guess.

Anyone know why the upgraded sound system is not an option on the Greenline Elegance model? That;s the model I am possibly looking to get at the mo.

Given everything I've read and how picky I am, I think I would go for this option if it were available. For me it doesn't make financial sense to get a non-Greenline model just to then be able to have the upgraded sound, as this is a company vehicle (difference would be over £100 a month to go from Greenline elegance specced up, to 140bhp Elegance with upgraded sound)

then again, if speakers can be upgraded without too much trouble and make a difference to the non-uprgaded sound, that might make more sense I guess.

Part of the USP of the Greenline models is their relative light weight, hence no spare wheel option, etc. I expect the better quality speakers of the Soundsystem have heavier magnets and that, together with the weight of the two extra speakers and additional amplifier make it too heavy to include in the Greenline.

• 10 months later...

Hi Guys I have the upgraded sound system (10 speaker) in my suberb and am not happy with the quality. I want to add a subwoofer, amplifier and upgrade the standard speakers with some Focal's but run them off the factory amplifier. Has anyone done anything similar and knows what output the standard amplifier has and what size speakers fit in the doors?