Russell Brand and Jonathon Ross- Debacle?

Lady Elanore

Brand and Ross-Should they get the chop?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Brand and Ross-Should they get the chop?

• Yes, Brand and Ross should be very heavily fined and possibly sacked too.
    • No, Andrew Sachs knew what he was getting himself into when he agreed to appear on the show

The most unbelievable thing about this whole saga is that it's being raised in Prime Ministers' question time. Hasn't Gordon got bigger and more worrying things to deal with at the moment?

People wrote in to the PM when the Celeb Big Brother alleged racism attacks.

Just listening to the whole debacle and I thought the Moyles and Mills shows were risque in some places but the Ross/Brand thing? its crass and not really that funny.

Don't fine the BBC fine those 2 morons from their oversized wage packets.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about sending Andrew Sachs to Spain? See what they think of him?

He was hilarious is Fawlty Towers, but this whole thing is a bit pottle, kettle, black...

What about sending Andrew Sachs to Spain? See what they think of him?

from a fawlty towers website not quite all of spain just catalonia

"I live in Catalonia where we have another language. I watched Fawlty Towers as a child and we had the version in Catalan. I've never heard of a Spanish version. However, as you know the original Manuel was born in Barcelona, and, because of the silly behaviour he performs, his nationality was changed to Mexican in the Catalan version. His name was also Manuel but with the Catalan accent, which is very funny. The title of the serial was "Hotel Fawlty".

there was a spanish version later where manuel was called pablo and was italian

He was hilarious is Fawlty Towers, but this whole thing is a bit pottle, kettle, black...

nnnn

I’ve been watching the poll results with interest. At first people thought it was overblown and people seemed to side with Brand/Ross. Then as the media hype built up more people sided with Sachs and the poll swung very strongly in hi s favour. Now it seems as the media hype dies down, the poll seems to still favour Sachs, but the gap is lessening as perhaps people are thinking Brand and Ross are being a little bit hard done by.

I’ve been watching the poll results with interest. At first people thought it was overblown and people seemed to side with Brand/Ross. Then as the media hype built up more people sided with Sachs and the poll swung very strongly in hi s favour. Now it seems as the media hype dies down, the poll seems to still favour Sachs, but the gap is lessening as perhaps people are thinking Brand and Ross are being a little bit hard done by.

As I understand it the poll is wrong.

Mr Sachs didnt agree to appear on the show. If the options were factually correct, then would so many have voted no?

As I understand it the poll is wrong.

Mr Sachs didnt agree to appear on the show. If the options were factually correct, then would so many have voted no?

I read and heard that Sachs agreed to appear on the show via telephone. That’s why his press agent put out the story he was made unavailable at short notice due to unforeseen circumstances. So naturally I stand by my origional question.

What makes me laugh is this granddaughter is a manipulative little minx. A few days ago she was saying "oh my poor grandfather he shouldn't have to hear about my sex life" and now she is on the front page of the Sun giving chapter and verse on Brand "practicing his Spanish" while making a pretty disappointing job of the business in hand. The name Max clifford has also popped up surprise surprise.:mad:

Brand is a buffoon but can be funny in an outrageous way; i've never rated Ross though, no way is he worth what he is on.:finger:

I think ‘Voluptua’ or what ever she self styles herself as, has lost all credibility. She is undoubtedly causing her ‘beloved’ grandfather more pain than Brand did in my estimation. I had a small amount of sympathy for Sachs to start with, but now I really do feel sorry for him, being straddled with a low life, money grabbing tart for a Granddaughter, must be hard.:rolleyes:

Basically the pair of them have done a ' Ratner ' :o

Don't people in the public eye ever learn?

Obviously not.

Oh, & what's the name of the grand daughter's band again? :rolleyes:

'nuff said.

Edited by cc_7up

I've no idea what has happened but Russell Brand is a t**t and should be fired anyway!

Im sure this is why the number of complaints went from 2 to 20,000+

A bunch of people who dislike them thought if I shout HOW RUDE loudly enough then Ross & Brand might get fired.

Why oh why couldn't have happened with Chris Moyles & Scott Mills :rolleyes:

Did I hear correctly that she had admitted that brand did give her a ride on the pork sword?

I'm sure I've heard that somewhere too. That does not make telling her grandfather about the fact on national broadcast media big, clever, or even acceptable behaviour.

I would happily fore go my license payers 'right' to the BBC's concern in this or any other matter as i would like the BBC's power to demand/extort the annual fee (with menaces) to end forthwith.

I would not miss them.

I'm sure I've heard that somewhere too. That does not make telling her grandfather about the fact on national broadcast media big, clever, or even acceptable behaviour.

Didn't say it is but the little unmentionable is milking it for all she can.

She has told some paper he wasn't all that too, so personally I'd have said it's all equal and stopped dragging this **** out.

I read and heard that Sachs agreed to appear on the show via telephone. That’s why his press agent put out the story he was made unavailable at short notice due to unforeseen circumstances. So naturally I stand by my origional question.

He agreed to be on the show, but that didnt happen.

So how was he to know that in not appearing (for what ever reason) means he somehow agreed to allow those 2 idiots to leave 4 abusive voice messages?

How Ross survived all this I'll never know. Perhaps he has something on the trust's board to use as protection? Or perhaps they're scared of losing him to ITV or ch4?

He agreed to be on the show, but that didnt happen.

So how was he to know that in not appearing (for what ever reason) means he somehow agreed to allow those 2 idiots to leave 4 abusive voice messages?

How Ross survived all this I'll never know. Perhaps he has something on the trust's board to use as protection? Or perhaps they're scared of losing him to ITV or ch4?

The Original question was should Brand and Ross get the chop(re your earlier post). :confused:

I think the outcome is about right and Manuels grandtart should pack it in now (bet she has done an exclusive for a Sunday paper)

Edited by Lady Elanore
spellin

Only 2 complaints were recieved at the time the 'infamouse' Brand show was broadcast. Only after the press picked up on the story did the 'complaints' start to flood in and obviously from Brand and Ross haters!

So yes, blow out of all proportion and it's not as though Georgina Baily is a 'little angel' is it, not the websites I've seen her on anyway!!! ;)

I actively dislike Brand so didn't listen to his show. I regard what he did as none of big, clever, funny, or even sensible though.

Ask yourselves if you would find it funny if this happened to one of your relatives!