Another SE Write Off, anyone on here?

i don't think he knew the fabia's brakes weren't up to the job when very hot. They don't exactly advertise it in the dealership, and i don't think he's a member on here

he was very very lucky. Think hes going to court soon to finalise the outcome, dangerous driving possibly etc...

Well i havn't drove with him recently, so i don't know if hes changed his way... but hes now got a octy vrs... lol :| his wallet must of got alot lighter recently

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i don't think he knew the fabia's brakes weren't up to the job when very hot. They don't exactly advertise it in the dealership, and i don't think he's a member on here

he was very very lucky. Think hes going to court soon to finalise the outcome, dangerous driving possibly etc...

Well i havn't drove with him recently, so i don't know if hes changed his way... but hes now got a octy vrs... lol :| his wallet must of got alot lighter recently

An Octy - Oh dear :(.

The number was in reference to what was printed in the seats.

The number for the vRS will help us update the vRS SE register list we have on BRISKODA.NET -

http://briskoda.net/fabia-i/fabia-limited-edition-register/77515/

Many thanks,

Rob

but with it being a diesel hatchback did he not think they would fade after a while, or did he expect to have the ceramic disc and pad option as standard!!!!!

he obviously didnt think about the brakes fading im afraid. The bypass is talked about by many and its a goal to achieve the highest top speed. he got swept away in all the 'excitement' i guess. up and down constantly, until the point of no return :(

Havn't tried it myself lol wouldn't dare try it.

i don't know the number, sorry, but i'll try and find out. at least his insurance paid out. His car was remapped but not declared. Needed a curb and railings replaced. His wallet must get lighter by the day going from an oil burner to a 180 20vt

To55ers like that who hike up insurance premiums for the rest of us. I like a bit of 'spirited driving' as much as the next person and have had one or two scrapes in the past. But driving like a total tool is inexcusable. Hopefully the court will remove his licence so the Octy can stay alive a bit longer!

:popcorn:

No need to be mean about it. Thought this was a friendly forum? :(

Can all of you honestly say you have declared every single mod on every car?

I bet even more people have had their car mapped but not declared it because it is not a physical visible mod

And im pretty sure 1 small insignificant site isnt "all over the net". It's not like it's the BBC

If anyone cares, he was fine. sods law, his head hit the steering wheel, then the airbag goes off

Errrrr...... ye. Otherwise we may as well not have insurance. Especially a remap as it is the one thing that insurance companies are most likely to kick off about as it has increased the power of the car.

And im pretty sure 1 small insignificant site isnt "all over the net". It's not like it's the BBC

It is a hell of a lot bigger then you realise! And insurance companies do look on here - as people have found to their cost.

We can honestly say that we are ALL paying higher insurance premiums because of idiots like this.

I bet even more people have had their car mapped but not declared it because it is not a physical visible mod

If anyone cares, he was fine. sods law, his head hit the steering wheel, then the airbag goes off

1. Sorry, we're not trying to be mean...we are friendly. :)

2. Yes, i have declared all my mods..and i think the majority on here have done too.

3. Just because this is one site...dont take that for granted.

We all know how quick things spread on forums these days.

I just meant, it wouldn't take a lot for someone to report it, and get the claim investigated. (if someone were that bored etc..)

Somethings are best kept a secret ! :thumbup:

I think the least of the issues there was the "weak brakes"....

Totally agree !

Sorry but proof is in the pudding at the end of the day all you got to do is look at it and realise wasnt in control as was going to fast for conditions and crashed due to bad driving. End of story.

Glad he was alright, looks like a high speed crash. Shows just how strong these little Fabias are, just think what would of happened if we has in a little Saxo VTS or whatever the quick was is.

Let us know what he gets from the court, what evidence have they got of dangerous driving? Has he admitted to it?

Sorry to hear about the accident, and glad he's ok.

I do however have little tolerance of clearly idiotic driving, lets hope he's learned his lesson!

Please do try and find the SE number (as written on the seats), its nice to keep track of these things.

As for the undelcared remap - the insurance company is still legally obliged to pay out for the 3rd parties, but if they found out they could persue the policy holder for all the expenses etc relating to the effectively fraudulent policy. :eek:

The Fabia certainly is a tough cookie, bet he's glad he wasn't in a 106/Saxo :eek:

This site is not as insignificant as you may think. Try a google search for skoda, and look at which site comes in 4th place just below skoda UK and skoda auto and you will see its this site. We have several large insurance companies who are partners and offer discounts to freedom members, several dealers are on board and its well known that this site is read by Skoda UK as one or two members have found out to their cost in the past.

However, that said we all a friendly happy bunch on here. I have been here since the very beginning. As said earlier we are trying to locate all the VRS SE's, so if the number can be found out then we can add to our register. The register already contains several written off SE's so this one will not be alone.

dont think theres much salvage left though, looks pretty ******,

just like my mk2 astra gte i rolled a few years ago at 100 mph, that was

****** to and just had the head gasket done and she was flying, well it did that night, it went over about 10 times, i was lucky, just a few scratches on me, it was also pouring with rain that night, we are always learning but i did get to legend status with my mates!

I by no means meant that Briskoda itself was a small site. What i meant was that there are literally billions of webpages on the internet. Millions of individual websites. I simply means that this site is a 'needle in a hay stack'. No harm intended, sorry.

P.S. congrats on the roll!! lol :thumbup: Glad you're ok

I'm going to be a complete **** here; however.....

I've been hit by an uninsured driver and left for dead in a ditch with the car on it's side. I hope his insurance company find this and take him to the cleaners.

I lost my no claims due to that driver and my car, so I have no sympathy for people like that and no time for them either.

If you can't afford the insurance don't drive it or do it. That goes for John Barnes too ;) I'm more than happy to drop any uninsured driver in it.

Add that to driving like a complete tw*t and he deserves to be without a car. Brake fade happens on all brakes, it's just a case of when. What with the car being a road car surely he expected them to fade a bit and must have noticed them starting to go off.

I've seen a stock VRS on stock brakes do a good few hard laps of silverstone before their brakes started to fade, so he must have been really going some to have no braking.

Edited by cheezemonkhai