Are these wheels lovely?

Nice or not?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Nice or not?

• Drool...
    • Fool!

Anything that isn't a natural multiple of the number of fixing holes, because it causes unpredictable and variable stress raisers in the centre boss.

I see.

But I expect it doesn't matter on a road car. Strong enough? Probably. Optimized? Clearly not.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd prefer the Mk4 Golf R32 wheels either in silver or anthracite myself.

Find me a genuine pair and I'll try that!

Reps are only £300 but I'm put off by the fact they're reps!

Also 18" tyres are a fair bit more expensive....

Nah, having seen a few Octys with the R32 wheels, they do NOTHING for me. The spokes are too rounded and soft looking, and the Octy looks best with 17s imho.

Find me a genuine pair and I'll try that!

Reps are only £300 but I'm put off by the fact they're reps!

Also 18" tyres are a fair bit more expensive....

VW Golf Mk4 R32 Original Aristo Alloys + Tyres on eBay, also, Wheels with Tyres, Car Wheels, Tyres Trims, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 25-Nov-08 19:04:57 GMT)

How about these?

I'd go for them as well (on looks, particularly as you have a red car) and the consensus of opinion for them on 'looks' is positive BUT what about the technical benefits or negatives?

Who makes them? Are the quality or dross?

It has been said they are 17" but what rim width 7J, 7.5J or even 8J are they? This will have an effect on the handling depending on the tyres fitted.

How heavy are they? Fitting bigger wheels will often have a detrimental effect on the performance/handling of a car. I know; my vRS goes/feels better on my 17s than on 18s and having weighed both the 18s are 2.5kg per wheel/tyre heavier. More unsprung weight so suspension has to work harder and it blunts performance.

Worth consideration?