Original Briskodians/founders

lozgti

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still in an Octavia, although I did own a Porsche for 18 months inbetween the current octy and the vRS.

and my current username member number is 45, forgot to post that. I previously had another username, mannyo1 but I cant find the member number of that.

• 2 weeks later...

Evening all, member 61 'ere.

Was on the original VWVortex groups before Briskoda.

Had a 01 Octy which i sold this year after 6 years of ownership. It eventually became a second car after being modded beyond recognition.

Currently driving a Mercedes CLS and looking at changing it next year for 2 cars. Another sensible comuter/MD type car and a not so sensible weekend car for fun. Have my eye on something already - which will be bright yellow and convertible with flappy paddles :D

Evening all, member 61 'ere.

Was on the original VWVortex groups before Briskoda.

Had a 01 Octy which i sold this year after 6 years of ownership. It eventually became a second car after being modded beyond recognition.

Currently driving a Mercedes CLS and looking at changing it next year for 2 cars. Another sensible comuter/MD type car and a not so sensible weekend car for fun. Have my eye on something already - which will be bright yellow and convertible with flappy paddles :D

472656060_39070a0c9b.jpg?v=0

:D

I'm a relative noob really, joined in September 2004.

Had the Fabia for over 2 years (twice as long I owned any other car), bought a 1992 Nissan Sunny 1.4LX as a temporary run about, ended up keeping it for a year! Then bought my current car, which I'll be keeping for a while yet! :revs: :D

I'm somewhere in the low 3000s, and joined in Summer 2004 - seeing how membership was only in the hundreds in late '03, this place must have really taken off in my lurking days in the early months of 2004! :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...
to update on a few more early members:

me 207 / 3 ser

tavia4x4 mini clubman / merc

taviaRS merc E / slk

Huck - still on one man mission to own every make of car ever... think it might be audi this week...

Last I spoke to Huck, BM 335d Touring, and Fiat Panda 100HP.

Although, he was making noises about swapping the Panda for a Colt.

(My Join Date: 22-10-2002, it's been a while...)

Member number 20, join date 30-10-2002.

Oh and those using the Freedom button at the top, that is your freedom number not your member number. My freedom number is 45, yet member number 45 is Manny. HTH

Mr Cook, nice to see you again.... :D

Member number 20, join date 30-10-2002.

Oh and those using the Freedom button at the top, that is your freedom number not your member number. My freedom number is 45, yet member number 45 is Manny. HTH

Mr Cook, nice to see you again.... :D

Jon . Glad to see your still lurking around, We still have great memories of some of your antics in the Octy's. I trust life is treating you well

Life is not bad Stuart :) Possibly tempted by an Octy Scout in November although the Audi Allroad is rather nice....

How are Wendy and Owen?

Good to hear, Ive been looking at the 4x4 diesel Octy to replace the L&K which is showing signs of 130000 hard miles & one write off., Scout I think is a great car but still s/hand prices are too high but if you are looking new I would have thoght yiou could drive a good deal, Audis nice but more pennies. Whens the 4x4 Superb out ??? Cars getting rave reviews

The BOSS & Owen are fine, hes now 17, a fair bit taller than me (dosent take a lot I know) & learning to drive so another nut on the road shortly !

• 4 months later...

Back again! :wave:

I keep in touch with Ian regularly and see him pretty often. Colin, well, we talk whenever we want another petrolhead's opinion on a potential purchase. :thumbup:

I've had a fair few cars since the original red Octy RS. After that it went:

- BMW 330d Sport (184hp model, remapped - disappointing)

- Another Octy RS, this time in black - APR remap, Full Miltek and the first grey to black carpet conversion! Great car.

- Merc C32 AMG - stupidly fast, very thirsty and quite soulless.

- BMW X3 2.0d Sport - OKish, I guess. Handled brilliantly, ride awful.

- X3 3.0d M Sport - much better. Slightly better ride, great handling. Brill family car and the missus liked it!

- Seat Altea FR TDi 170 - nice, well built.

- Currently, 335d Msport touring. Phenomenally accomplished car. Love it.

Commuting cars went like:

- Honda Jazz - OK, nothing great.

- VW Polo 1.4 Tdi - remapped. Nothing to say really.

- BMW 328i SE (E36) - smoooooooooooth!

- Skoda Fabia 1.4 Tdi (75hp) - great for the motorway commute I did at the time.

- Fiesta 1.3 (2000MY) - around the time Ford started making great handling runabouts. Great fun.

- Currently, Panda 100HP. Built well, handles brilliantly, comical ride. Looks cool to my eyes, better paint than the BM and loads of standard kit, for pennies, relatively speaking. My daily commute now takes me to the High Peak and it is the perfect car for 'safe, legal(ish) fun' ! ;)

I've had it for nearly 2 years - pushing the longest I've owned any car since about 2001 and I'd thoroughly recommend it to anyone and can't really think of anything to replace it with.(...although I do quite like the look of the Kia Soul)

Edited by Huck