Rejecting My Octavia vRS MK2

I have spoken to Skoda UK and told them I am initiating rejection of my vehicle, as it is not fit for the purpose.

Details on other threads, but I am now sick to the back teeth of it.

6 weeks out of 52 off the road, totally unreliable. Now the alarm goes off every 10 minutes after having its last fault fixed. Not great when you have a one year old asleep near where the car is parked.

This car is a complete and utter lemon, so if you see a black MK2 vRS estate on a roadside in East Yorks being beaten with a stick John Cleese style, then that'll be me.

Has anyone else been down this route before?

Skoda UK are now calling on one of there 'Super Technicians' of which there are only 3 nationwide to see if they can resolve the cars issues. Frankly I'm now at the stage of wanting to push it off a cliff.

Yeah that catalogue would pi** me off as well. Mine now about 50 weeks old and so far 1 aerial gone faulty - replaced no hasle & I notice a whistle from the ns. rear door ...I think , but only above about 75mph..so suspect that might take some diagnosing - hope not.Good luck anyway.

F*ck That sir !!!

I like my Vrs, particulary because it's rare where i'm living at present ....B.U.T..

seek the legal road.

I presume you have kept all the receipts of all the times it was in & out of the garage...

This will illustrate just how much of a lemon the car is...

I can only imagine how draining having an extra burden like that to deal with everyday...along with work, (cause we all work for the fun of it:rolleyes: )

Have a chat for 5 mins with the legals, explain your situation, if he can help you to push the matter on and resolve it..

That sounds like utter balls about the supertechnician to me...Sounds like the longer they hold you off, the easier it is to say, ,

the car is "x" months old... not our problem!!!

They don't call them STEALERS for nothing:mad:

Best of luck lad..:thumbup:

In rejecting the car at this stage, you will not get all your money back because you have had use of the car for 12 months. They will base any money you do get back, on the current value of the car at 12 months old minus any money they deem suitable for the current mileage.

Good luck in rejecting the car, just dont expect to get everything back.

neebsta,

Where I live we have a local BBC radio station which runs a consumer program between 1100-1300 daily. They deal with all sorts of problems including the one you’re having. The only thing is; it must be done over the radio. They do get good results, I think its helps when they phone the offending company up and explain they are from the BBC. They will deal with people outside of the area. Here's a link to there site. Link

Cheers

Pete

In rejecting the car at this stage, you will not get all your money back because you have had use of the car for 12 months. They will base any money you do get back, on the current value of the car at 12 months old minus any money they deem suitable for the current mileage.

Good luck in rejecting the car, just dont expect to get everything back.

I misread the original post as you only having it for 6 weeks in a year.

6 weeks in a year is annoying, but I think you might be better off asking skoda to change it for another car with legal as the second option.

Hello

I wish you the best of luck as I have just rejected a car myself after a year of problems (Saab 93 - purchased brand new - constant loss of power on motorway 10 attempts to fix etc etc ) You can only regect the car via the dealership you purchased it from. Your contract of sale is with them and not Skoda UK. Skoda is only obliged to undertake warranty work which is what they will claim they are already doing. Anything else from Skoda is pure goodwill gesture and not a legal requiremnt. Often the dealer will say that the customer wishes to reject the vehicle and will they (Skoda UK) contibute toward the cost incurred by the dealer in supplying you with a new/replacement car. Skoda as the manufacturer will not hold a stock of cars , they only make them.

If you do wish to reject it you have to return it to the dealer with all keys, docs etc and a letter stating that you are rejecting it under sale & provision of goods act as being of 'not satisfactorily' . I belive case law dictates that the dealer muat have has at least 3 attempts to fix the car. IIRC after three months you lose right to full refund but still have right to fair replacemnet/reimbursemnet. Stick to your guns , I did , and managed to get cash abck from saab dealer with saab uk making up the depriciation.

Hello

I wish you the best of luck as I have just rejected a car myself after a year of problems (Saab 93 - purchased brand new - constant loss of power on motorway 10 attempts to fix etc etc ) You can only regect the car via the dealership you purchased it from. Your contract of sale is with them and not Skoda UK. Skoda is only obliged to undertake warranty work which is what they will claim they are already doing. Anything else from Skoda is pure goodwill gesture and not a legal requiremnt. Often the dealer will say that the customer wishes to reject the vehicle and will they (Skoda UK) contibute toward the cost incurred by the dealer in supplying you with a new/replacement car. Skoda as the manufacturer will not hold a stock of cars , they only make them.

If you do wish to reject it you have to return it to the dealer with all keys, docs etc and a letter stating that you are rejecting it under sale & provision of goods act as being of 'not satisfactorily' . I belive case law dictates that the dealer muat have has at least 3 attempts to fix the car. IIRC after three months you lose right to full refund but still have right to fair replacemnet/reimbursemnet. Stick to your guns , I did , and managed to get cash abck from saab dealer with saab uk making up the depriciation.

So thats how to do it.

Good Luck.

Hello

Well done :thumbup:

Further to all the above links, the following lays out what you should do, and what statutes you can invoke:

Honestjohn: Frequently Asked Questions

Unfortunately, the onus of responsibility under the Sale of Goods and Services Act shifts after six months from the seller to the buyer, and so it will be down to you to prove that the car was faulty from the day you bought it. Having said this, you seem to have plenty of evidence so shouldn't have too much trouble there. :thumbup:

If they refuse, and you have to resort to legal action, it will have to be at the County Court level (>GBP5000) so you'd need to be careful you don't land yourself with a bigger bill than you would spend putting the car right (see example later in the link posted above).

Not saying you shouldn't try it, just warning you of the consequences of not succeeding after holding onto the car for so long... :eek:

I have spoken to Skoda UK and told them I am initiating rejection of my vehicle, as it is not fit for the purpose.

My wife had a fabia VRS SE and last year we were able to reject it even though it was 10 months old due to an annoying clicking noise from the offside A pillar. Caffyns the dealer attempted 2 repairs and it went up to skoda technical department for 3 weeks and they could not cure it either.

In all of this the dealer was very good keeping us informed of any progress

If you purchased your car using skoda finance its also worth contacting them as we did

I dont know if it made any difference but over the years we have owned 5 cars all supplied by the same dealer

I have spoken to Skoda UK and told them I am initiating rejection of my vehicle' date=' as it is not fit for the purpose.

My wife had a fabia VRS SE and last year we were able to reject it even though it was 10 months old due to an annoying clicking noise from the offside A pillar. Caffyns the dealer attempted 2 repairs and it went up to skoda technical department for 3 weeks and they could not cure it either.

In all of this the dealer was very good keeping us informed of any progress

If you purchased your car using skoda finance its also worth contacting them as we did

I dont know if it made any difference but over the years we have owned 5 cars all supplied by the same dealer[/quote']

What number was it of the 1000, as it might be of interest to anyone on here who thinks about buying it, or might have already bought it....Whooops theres a thought?

• 1 month later...
It wouldn't be the first time it's happened to me, and it's not a pleasant experience!:rolleyes:

Yeah, had a Combo 1.7D go up on me on a hot summer day about 10 years ago. I sat on the armco watching it burn. No great loss.

Jesus christ, I would not be impressed with a new wiring job on my car. Think of the amount of panels and fittings that will need to be removed to do the job and the ensuing creaks and rattles that will follow.