Briskoda Clubstand @ Castle Combe Spring Action day - 25/04/09

devonutopia

.............. I baggsie a couple of laps with you Lee please :)

It's a 15 minute session or nothing at all. :) We are on track from 10.45am to 11.00am approx and there is no pit stops, etc. Anyone can pull in if they feel their car is throwing a wobbly, but no pitstops.

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as you let me know a bit in advance the tyres are good to go. :thumbup:

sorry just rid my post and its a lil confusing i mean that i will pick them up on the castle track day from ya and try an get em on at a local garage as the wheels will already have the tyres removed.do you know what time you will be setting up down there?

15 minutes .............. is that it?

Yeah - It works the same as Trax has done. :) 15 (maybe a bit more if lucky) sessions for around £25. :) Half the fun is seeing what other sheds are going round after our dedicated session. Should be a mixture from the sublime to the ridiculous. :)

dc14 - I hope to arrive at 8.30ish

Coombe usually have further sessions in the afternoon available to anyone who pays per session, was £25 but may be £1 or £2 more now.

A little package arrived for me at work. Quick count showed that all passes/tickets/hangy things etc are all present and correct and I aim to get them all out in the post this afternoon as taking the afternoon off work. :) Excuse rubbish pic taken using webcam on work's laptop. :o

TICKETS.jpg

Good news is I've packed all the envelopes and I wasn't short of any tickets at the end [phew]

A couple of you have PMs regarding queries on tickets too.

Please also see this picture. It's taken off google earth and using the stand map picture given to me by Combe I have marked the area we are in, in red. There's a good chance behind the stand there will be free space for gazebos/seating, if people can bring seats with them. :)

The black blocks are meant to be the cars, but are not to scale. Following this pattern means everyone can get in and out at any time.

STANDLAYOUT.jpg

Now I am going to be a little cruel (but to be kind as there is a clubstand competition on the day) - The cars I have earmarked to generally appear down the front I want to be as follows:

Oilburninut

Delcac

Trevorb33

Darrenvrs

Sibart

Leeboy, yellow peril

Lloyd55vRS

Chrisw_vRS (to match Gary's)

Callum

vRS_si

and Me

I have selected these 11 simply due to level of tune / modification / appearance, and because I am not familiar with everyone's car this is VERY much subject to change on the morning. I am sure all cars will be totally lovely on the day and the stand will kick a55! We will need some special modified motors to go on the "ends" of the long back row as well. :)

Having had a PM about my selection I just want to reiterate it is only a rough IDEA. :rofl:

Gates are open at 7am for you early birds - Traffic can be a nightmare so I recommend early arrival.

Briefings start at 8am (and I assume sound tests as well)

Track sessions start at 10am, with ours being the 4th session @ 10:45. :)

:thumbup:

:orb_lol: i was at the front briefly lol its the thought that counts ,hehe

ive never got to castle coombe early so im not sure what traffic gets like 1st thing

i just hop ethe sunshine favors us :orb_hot:

Tickets will be posted tomorrow. Went to the rush of getting them ready to send today then remembered all the P.Os shut at 1 o'clock on a wednesday! :doh:

All going first thing tomorrow ideally. :)

if the weather is nice on the week b4....:orb_futur

do we dare give thought "if we are allowed" of a brsik barbie :orb_chips

or do we wait and get mugged by the burgervan bandit

lol although i do remember the ice creams are good at the coombe, they actually use raspberry sauce, not so comon these days :orb_bounc

the last couple of times ive been up there ive came back burnt, lol prob not the april vwday tho :orb_duh:

My paperwork strictly says BBQs are banned, so that is a no-go. Just not sure if there's other options? If everyone brought a pot/pack of "stuff" along, then we could easily get enough savoury/salad/bits etc to have a proper load of food at lunch. No BBQ law shouldn't stop anything. :) I can bring a table I have in bits at the moment. :D

Oh, and if anyone can bring surplus chairs, maybe the odd collapsable table. I'm bringing a spare glass table, hopefully 3 or 4 plastic chairs, the sort you sat on in primary school, and a small tesco value gazebo. :)