Briskoda Clubstand @ Castle Combe Spring Action day - 25/04/09

devonutopia

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that because you intend on going 'sideways' for most of the lap? :P

.............. I baggsie a couple of laps with you Lee please :)

Despite it being a 15 min session, if you wish passenger ride is yours. If spaces are available for an afternoon slot on the day up against non-skoda machinery, I might fancy a second run out (subject to engine oil :D)

Despite it being a 15 min session, if you wish passenger ride is yours. If spaces are available for an afternoon slot on the day up against non-skoda machinery, I might fancy a second run out (subject to engine oil :D)

Available @ £35 on the day, subject to availability. :) Once the track session is done my car is just on show for the rest of the day. :)

i just found these lurking on my hd :rolleyes:

they arnt skodas but it is parts of the coombe & cool

th_CastleCoombe08013.jpg

th_CastleCoombe08021.jpg

th_CastleCoombe08027.jpg

th_CastleCoombe08030.jpg

:D

next time it shall be silver fabias and mad red octys lol

Edited by Lloyd55vrs

That'll be Quarry corner then!!

Catches out many a track goer and even some of the guys who race there regularly as theres a nice crest just before the braking zone.

I remember seeing a P reg Seat Ibiza GTi pile into there full chat on the first lap and then understeer all the way to the grass :rofl: - he was considerably gentler on the following laps.

I'm sure no one here will be that stupid though.....here's hoping i don't eat my words!

Camp corner that leads round to the start/finish line is also a bit tricky

this Formula Ford video is pretty good

At the end of the day, nobody's under race conditions and there are relatively track "virgins" out so there's not really any need to go out and prove that you're the next Lewis Hamilton lol

Indeed! I can't emphasise this enough.

Tickets were all posted at lunchtime, so should all be arriving on everyone's doorstep in the morning. :thumbup:

Tickets were all posted at lunchtime, so should all be arriving on everyone's doorstep in the morning. :thumbup:

Make that Saturday morning, theres no post tomorrow iirc :P:P:P

Thanks Jase :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Well given that I have no track day insurance whatsoever and I spent most of my savings on this car and insurance for it (that is not valid around a track..:D) - I certainly will not be pushing it.

I've got to drive home in the car too.

Add all of these factors together (one of the slowest mk1 fabias that will be there, a complete trackday virgin and not willing to risk my machinery) - I'm happy to be sat at the back throughout our track time :D - and would probably prefer it.

Ed - i'll follow you! :thumbup:

But Jason's post from way way back in this thread echoes true - There's much more chance of something going wrong on a closely hedged A road with on coming traffic and blind corners than there is on a nice wide piece of well sighted tarmac where everyone is going the same way!

well if we wanna play that game - what happens when 700HP Lancer Evo gets lappping a 106 very very wrong

- in car

- stills taken from Camp corner