First New Post-Octy's been NICKED!

NewbieVRS

Hi all out there - this is my first proper post (just replies before) but my Skoda ownership has now gone down to 1, as my Octy vRS was nicked on Friday 9th :mad::thumbdwn: It's race blue with the 18" wheels and green brake calipers (the only one I've seen in my area - any others I've seen are the later models with the red ones, mine was an '06 model) and, of course, a Briskoda sticker on the back window (plus the dealer Perry's it was bought from).

It had two of those Isofix child seats in the back which are impossible to remove without three arms and steel-plated fingers, so if anyone offers you a cheap Octy and has broken and bloody fingers, call the cops!!!

If anyone sees it...sniff...please call the police! Stroud, Gloucestershire area.

From a rather cheesed off Briskodian! :weeping:

Unfortunately, my house was broken into - with the family inside sleeping - and they took the keys to both my cars - although they chucked the Furby's into a bush :confused: plus my wallet and wife's purse was taken too...grrrr :mad:

gutted for you mate :thumbdwn:

That's why I have the following security measures in place:

1: Keys ALWAYS with me, not left anywhere

2: house alarm with part set for night

3: Dog downstairs

4: Loaded BB gun in bedside table :rolleyes::D

These scum need their hands and genitals removing with a rusty axe :finger::mad:

Hopefully the insurance will pay out fully as they actually broke in as opposed to fishing through the letterbox....

Still not a very nice experience, especially with you and your family being asleep.

gutted for you mate :thumbdwn:

That's why I have the following security measures in place:

1: Keys ALWAYS with me, not left anywhere

Biiiiiiig mistake! It's only a lump of metal, let them have it. I'd much rather that than have them sticking a gun in my face or the mrs's face! :thumbdwn:

Biiiiiiig mistake! It's only a lump of metal, let them have it. I'd much rather that than have them sticking a gun in my face or the mrs's face! :thumbdwn:

Have to agree, My keys get left in a place where they dont have to come up and go near my child or SWMBO, fair do's if I was on my own but for the sake of a motor I have both House insurance and Car insurance.

Have to disagree with you all there - I'm not going to leave my keys lying around where they can be fished or picked up easily.

Of course if there was any danger then I'd let it go but I ain't puny and I'm a f**king good shot with a gun - if you think they'd get anywhere near me or my family without alerting the dog and neighbours before I could pick up you're very wrong.

Sorry I don't subscribe to the "roll over and let scum taken what they want" school of thought that's infecting this country - why do you think there are so many little asbo's wandering around doing what they like?

No point getting into an argument here as I'll just go elsewhere and leave you all to it.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, mine's I'll defend my family and property.

Hey Matt

Want to come and guard my property? ;););)

Have to agree, Honestly, You can be as hard as you like, and i hate people that come on and say i'm this and that, but to keep it breif I'm fairly confident I can handle myself, If my family were at threat I would fight to the death, but if the keys are downstairs and thats all they want then they are at low risk.

Nobodys talking about positioning the keys where they can be picked up by opportunist scrotes with a fishing rod or simple smash and grab through a nearby window, it just takes a bit of common sense with placing them.

Im not saying I wouldnt go down if I heard something, I quite regularly do with my sidekick 'Louis'(ville) as I have a bit of trouble with sleep and hear every creak going, however I wouldnt MAKE the robber come up to my room, passing my childs room on the way.

The best prevention is good security systems, door/window locks, gravel paths, illumination, decent home alarm system, dog as you say. If they get past all that to get to your car keys they wont think twice about plunging you.

The amount of scraps I've came out with the upper hand but still had sore ribs, stomach or back makes you understand that if the other guy had a blade the outcome would have been completley different.

Apologies to the OP for being a wee bit OT.

Commiserations on the theft - I've had bikes nicked before now and it's the most horrible experience. Hope they get caught.

On the other debate - I reckon keys on you isn't the stupidest idea in the world - most crims will not want to get involved in a confrontation - it only increases risks of apprehension. If they are so brazen as to deliberately invoke confrontation to get your car then they'll do it while you're in it rather than while you're not.

Most of the kids who break into houses to get car keys are under 20, semi-organised gangs, but getting into fights with homeowners is NOT on their agenda - if they can't find the keys, why take the risk? Just go to the house three doors up and see if their keys are on the kitchen table instead!

bloody awful experience i should imagine , have there been any others in the area ?

my alarm went off sat night about 4 am , jumped up but nobody there , probably a cat or fox .

not bad at my house as i have 2 big dogs which would put anybody off i think and take a easier target.

hope it gets sorted quick mate

pete

BTW whats the reg of your car m8 so peeps can keep an eye out just in case, you never know?

It's OV06 TZF - all the details are on the twoc website, as suggested earlier :) although the plates may have been changed by now :(

Edited by NewbieVRS

• 1 month later...

Hey guys

Thanks for all the responses - I just got a call from the police (at 4am!!!!!! :eek: ) saying its been found!

Unfortunately, the insurance company has paid out and I now have a Passat SEL 170 TDI instead.

Should I have the Octy back? Whaddya reckon? :confused: