Most Factory Fitted Options Fabia vRS.........

Just wondering if anyone owns a Fabia vRS with more factory fitted options than on the car listed below and if it made a huge difference when you came to buy / sell it in monetary terms:

2005 '55' Skoda Fabia vRS only 34000 miles with following factory fitted options

Black Magic Pearlescent Paint

ESP

Xenons

Sat Nav

Electric Sunroof

Cruise

Heated Seats

CD Change

Your comments / thoughts are most welcome

Dave

no maxidot so does this mean the sat nav is not factory fitted.......

the sat nav is built into dash and has skoda logo on start up.

Does anyone know the correct model / part no for the factory fitted sat nav unit so i can check this before spending any cash - i think this sat nav is MFD DX - CD version on speaking with the dealer.

Nah options are worth nowt on a small car when you come to sell it and will not add to its value over the book price.

given two otherwise very similar cars, I think I might pay a little more for the car with ESP and xenons. CD changer, sunroof etc I'm not bothered about

:)

I have always found that the more extras a car has, the easier it is to sell on. You can usually ask a little more but no where near the total cost of the extra when new. For some strange reason the more factory extras the car has, it is directly proportional to how a car is looked after, well in my experience anyway.

My VRS has Xenons, cruise, Sunroof. First fabia i've have ever seen with s Sunroof.

The main options that I have are Xenons, Sunroof and Cruise. I would be prepared to pay extra for these over a car that did not have them specified.

I've also got a 3rd rear-headrest and passenger airbag deactivation - certainly wouldn't pay more for these IMO.

I got my car with the following factory options:

Xenons - I do think these are very good as I do a lot of night driving

Cruise - very handy on long motorway trips and sticking to speedlimits

ESP - can't compare with just normal ASR

CD Changer - was good when I got the car and I do still use it but would now prefer ipod integration, although ideally I'd have both

Side Airbags - never used them and hope I never do, but would regret it if I needed them and they weren't there!

Air Bag deactivation - only used it once to see how it works

Rear third headrest - looks kinda cool but just another headrest to move when dropping the seats

I didn't go for the Sat Nav as having used it I reckon Tomtoms etc are leagues ahead. Didn't think I'd use the sunroof but would quite like one in my next car. Also didn't think a car with non-leather seats would need to be heated.

It has also got various dealer fit options, mudflaps, rear blind, parcel shelf net etc but these can be easily added/removed.

Doubt I'll see a return on any of them, but as I didn't pay any extra for any of them I don't really mind!

There is a yellow '53 reg in Thetford that has every single factory-fitted extra on it, plus leather. It was Chequered Flag's demonstrator then it went to the Dealer Principal's wife and now I believe a technician has it.

To confirm what Bigw2069 posted, if it's factory-fit satnav it will have Maxidot and TMC, plus the antenna on the roof should have an elongated round bump on it. If any of these are missing, it's been fitted after it left the factory. It's quite common and it works fine.

The only option, in my opinion, that really adds value is metallic paint. Everything else is a bit random.

2005 '55' Skoda Fabia vRS only 34000 miles with following factory fitted options

Black Magic Pearlescent Paint

ESP

Xenons

Sat Nav

Electric Sunroof

Cruise

Heated Seats

CD Change

Your comments / thoughts are most welcome

Dave

That's just silly, if you spending all that money on a new car you'd buy a better car.

Having driven the car with ASR and ESP, I can categorically say that even if I had to pay more, I'd buy that any time over the one without - it just interferes way, waaaaay less.

My ASR is never on hence no interference ;)

so is £7000 too much for this car with this spec.......the sat nav is not factory fitted but is skoda MFD unit as no roof aerial or maxidot. Test drive on Saturday and the money is burning a big hole my pocket.

7 grand seems a bit steep to me. They were listing at round about 12,500 new with no extras. 50% of that at 3 years, plus maybe a bit more coz people still want them gets you 6500 to 6750 at 3 yrs old. This car's 3 and half yrs old, so 6 grand plus whatever the extras are worth to is all I'd pay. But I'm no expert...........

£7,000 is way too much money for a 55 reg car, even a fully-optioned one. In this market £6K is more like it.

To give you an idea, my 06 reg, with 75,000 miles is officially valued at £4100 by SUK, and mine has about £2K worth of factory extras on it incl. metallic paint, ESP, CD changer, cruise, airbag deactivate, side bags and I've retro-fitted the MFD to factory specification incl. TMC.