Resetting service indicator

Sit in the drivers seat, press the accelerator, then clutch, then brake, then clutch and then the accelerator again.

Count to 10, put the drivers window down, sing a song about how much is that doggie in the window and then look in the service manual......

or

you need to hold the trip counter button down as you turn the ignition on until the light goes off, I think....

Got this from another forum. Haven't tried it myself yet but apparently it worked:

1. Switch off the ignition and press the reset knob of the trip counter below the speedometer and hold.

2. Switch on the ignition and release the reset button, one of the service events appear in the display.

3. It is possible to switch between the the readouts of the service events by briefly pressing the reset button.

4. When the particular service event is displayed, turn the button for setting the digital clock to the right, "service---" appears in the display.

5. Switch off the ignition. Only now is the service event reset.

Cheers,

iep

• 4 weeks later...

Reset the service interval displays as follows by using the reset button

⇒ page 16, fig. 18 on the trip counter:

• Press the reset button with the ignition switched off and and hold it down.

• Switch the ignition on, release the reset button. The text Service or SERVICE

NOW appears in the display.

• Turn the button for setting the clock to the right - as a result of this the display

is reset.

Before doing so ,I would use the words used on TV heard regularly on PM Question time

"I would refer the Hon Member to the statement ...."

Service reset? - BRISKODA - The Skoda Forums

READ BEFORE FIDDLING .(of course I could be mistaken ,but better to stop and look ,before touching - as one old mechanic once said to me "I make £££££££££££££ out of the folks who try to do a job without the tools/technical ability to do so "):D:D:D

• 12 years later...
On 11/06/2021 at 13:56, nutters_uclan said:

Another mega thread revival from me! These archives are an incredible resource!

I have followed the above process, but no joy. Might my clocks be faulty?

Have you looked on Youtube, that's how I did mine ;)

• Administrators
14 hours ago, nutters_uclan said:

Yeah. I looked at a couple of short vids, but no luck. I'm wondering if my left hand button is faulty.

• Like 1