New traffic cops alert!

jaymd

Did I hear it right, in that he was in the ambulance, yet his legs were still trapped in the car? :eek:

No i think they meant his legs were trapped under the steering wheel stopping him from being thrown from the car when it rolled.

As the car rolled over his head was out of the car and unfortunately he was crushed against the door.

They managed to get him out afterwards but he had died instantly. :thumbdwn:

sinister recorded it for me :thumbup: as much as this sounds heartless and cruel its one less car thief about and as for his passenger they shouldnt have stuck him on remand, they should have let him go home so the angry members of the community could give out their own punishment.

I'd like a quiet word with him and his mate the driver, oops too late. :rofl:

At least he's not cluttering up the prison system or can no longer steal anyone elses pride and joy.

That S3 belonged to a guy on Tyresmoke, Got knocked up at 2:30am to be told a guy had died in his car which he didn't even know was missing. Apparently the insurance didn't pay out as it wasn't in his garage the night it was stolen.

One less car thief to worry about then. He was also twice the drink drive limit. Call me hard hearted, but I say that's a result.

True and i agree in one sense, but at the end of the day its still somebodys loved one, brother, father, son, :rotz:

True and i agree in one sense, but at the end of the day its still somebodys loved one, brother, father, son, :rotz:

But did the driver have the same regard for other road users?

His passenger just did a runner.

Seems the driver ran out of talent and paid a high price.

Fair enough however he should have more respect for his family, those around him and the possessions of others. He obviously didn't and paid the ultimate price.

Good riddance I say.

One less car thief to worry about then. He was also twice the drink drive limit. Call me hard hearted, but I say that's a result.

Yep. Just out of prison, over the DD limit, driving like an **** having stolen someone's car.

It's kind of a pity he'd been kept at taxpayers expense just before. No sympathy here.

Hopefully he isn't the father of anyone, as he's obviously not the sharpest. I do have sympathy for his relatives, but TBH it was all his fault alone.

No i think they meant his legs were trapped under the steering wheel stopping him from being thrown from the car when it rolled.

As the car rolled over his head was out of the car and unfortunately he was crushed against the door.

They managed to get him out afterwards but he had died instantly. :thumbdwn:

Does anyone else reckon he wasn't wearing a seatbelt? The car was still roughly car shaped, so I'd expect people to survive (and stay inside).

That was my initial impression Chris - though I suppose it is conceivable that he could have slipped out of his seatbelt given that the car was upside down at certain points and not just decelerating quickly (which is what normal 3 point seatbelts are designed to protect against) - it's not exactly as if normal seatbelts are race harnesses, which would almost certainly have stopped him from falling out.

I'm afraid I'm going to hold my hand up here and say I'm another that thinks that this was almost deserved. It doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the prison system bearing in mind that he'd been released such a short time before re-offending.

Why would have have been travelling at near 60mph anyway? It wasn't revealed that he was being chased by any police officer and there didn't seem to be any other cars involved. Would someone really be driving like that much of a muppet?

Why would have have been travelling at near 60mph anyway?

Empty road. Driving a stolen quick car. Showing off to his passenger. Over the drink limit. Didn't think the grim reaper was waiting for him at the roundabout.

part of me thinks "that was someone's son" and no matter what, nobody deserves to die (especially having been to quite a few fatal RTIs); but then another part of me thinks "rather him kill himself in a stolen car than plough into one of my family/friends crossing the road on their way home after a night out"

Harsh I know, but certainly a better outcome than someone innocent dying. If he had killed some innocent pedestrian crossing the road, do you think he would have hung around to face the music?

No f*cking way! He'd have f*cked off like his passenger did!!

part of me thinks "that was someone's son" and no matter what, nobody deserves to die (especially having been to quite a few fatal RTIs); but then another part of me thinks "rather him kill himself in a stolen car than plough into one of my family/friends crossing the road on their way home after a night out"

Harsh I know, but certainly a better outcome than someone innocent dying. If he had killed some innocent pedestrian crossing the road, do you think he would have hung around to face the music?

No f*cking way! He'd have f*cked off like his passenger did!!

Have to agree with you there.

At least he didn't take out some innocent soul. At that time of night it would most likely be Mr average bloke with a wife and child who happens to be on the way home from his night shift, that's normally how it turns out - the innocent man suffering most.

Trouble is, this kind of thing goes on almost every day and will continue to do so :rotz: