High mileage Fabias

ScoobyChris

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2002 Fabia SDi has 174,450 on it. It had 160,000 ish when I bought it, but I thought I would take the risk as I had been waiting for my first car for ages waiting for insurance premiums to drop. It needed an auxiliary belt and tensioner changing but that was it. Ive read on youtube and seen on autotrader SDi engined vehicles with 500,000. If I was buying another SDi I would hardly give the mileage a second thought. I think people still believe the whole "if its more than 50k then its goosed" mentality which was true years ago with metros and rubbish.

I dont think I will ever own a petrol car.

Bought my 54 fabia at 100000 miles and hav just clocked 110000 and it's still going strong:) new cam belt and water pump on order and usual rattley speakers and by far the best yet ugliest tdi estate I've ever owned .

• 3 weeks later...

Well all I can say is, where I live all Taxis are Skoda's so just goes to show what car is reliable, I had a friend with a VW golf which had over 250k and was a W reg, even though had nothing wrong with it he chopped it in for a focus and had nothing but problems, and that only had done about 50k miles :D

Average 113K but my last car - a Vauxhall Omega had done 370K miles, it was as tight as a drum and the interior was as good as new.

---------------

edit - it was ex private hire.

Edited by Asmith

• 1 month later...

Just about to click through 180,000 miles on a 53 Plate VRS (160bhp and 295lbft )- Think I need to replace the N/S CV joint - No shame as they say. Got 60mpg yesterday on my 50 mile drive to work - Also clocked 130 on the autobahn about a

month ago.

Oil and filter done every 5-7K miles

Pull on....

Edited by Macalan

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is about to pass the 150,000 mark - 54 plate vRS Fabia.

I've had it now for close to 6 years and still love it. I have been looking at Tiguans and Yetis lately, though unless one with the right spec for the right money crops up, I can see me using the Furby for a good year or so more. Original gearbox and clutch... only problem to date has been with the head gasket, and that was fixed before it could do any harm.

• 3 weeks later...