Using Collinite 476s on alloys?

devonutopia

i have used it and cant remember how good it was or wasnt, but think iirc the brake dust stuck to it and was a pain to remove. i do use AG aqua wax on the alloys which seems to cope alright with it.

Applying the wax on the outside of the wheel is fair enough and you can apply it to the inside but the more specific 'wheel waxes' repel the brake dust as opposed to attracting it.............:o

Applying the wax on the outside of the wheel is fair enough and you can apply it to the inside but the more specific 'wheel waxes' repel the brake dust as opposed to attracting it.............:o

Try Rimwax, it's very good on the wheels.

1 coat of poorboys wheel sealant is on now - going for 1 more this afternoon, maybe 2. The aim is for this work to enable easy, thorough cleaning over the summer.

PS: Why do I always feel like tasting poorboys wheel sealant? It smells lush! :o

i have used it and cant remember how good it was or wasnt, but think iirc the brake dust stuck to it and was a pain to remove. i do use AG aqua wax on the alloys which seems to cope alright with it.

AG aqua on wheels? That works?

I may be of the Baker school of thinking, but I've hard good things about Jetseal 109...

I ended up with 1 coat of collinite (before I came back to review this thread) and 2 coats of poorboys. Wheels still looking sparkling but I'll see how they look after the bad weather predicted for this coming week....

Try Rimwax, it's very good on the wheels.

Yeah I have Poorboys Wheel Sealant, Rimwax and Jetseal 109 and the Jetseal 109 just wins it hands down for me............:P

PS: Why do I always feel like tasting poorboys wheel sealant? It smells lush! :o

Might not be the best idea Jase but I know what you mean...........:D

That jetseal 109 looks the daddy after looking on google for a bit. Is it actually a possible replacement for collinite, or simply more suited to protecting alloy wheels?

Can you get that stuff discounted Baker, and bring to Castle Combe? ;)

That jetseal 109 looks the daddy after looking on google for a bit. Is it actually a possible replacement for collinite, or simply more suited to protecting alloy wheels?

Can you get that stuff discounted Baker, and bring to Castle Combe? ;)

Jetseal 109 can be used on paintwork and to be honest that is it's common application on a lot of other forums, it works wonders on silver cars............:D

I can bring some along with me no problems but not sure about getting a discount, would need a fair few numbers I would have thought?

I can bring some along with me no problems but not sure about getting a discount, would need a fair few numbers I would have thought?

Whatever! ;) I'll just take a pot. Seen it ranging from £20 to £23 on google so happy to pay the lower amount, if that's realistic. :)

Whatever! ;) I'll just take a pot. Seen it ranging from £20 to £23 on google so happy to pay the lower amount, if that's realistic. :)

I will PM you a price tomorrow mate once I have put in an order with someone.............:D

• 3 months later...

To bump this thread back again, I am in a similar position.... 2 freshly refurbed wheels with virgin tyres on them. Jetseal 109 the best to use now I have some from Mr Baker?

Good guide on applying Jetseal 109 for the best result?

FK1000P High Temp Sealant is also good and durable on wheels...

I agree its the best i have tried but not tried Jetseal .

BH Autobalm isnt suitable for wheels apparently i made that mistake on my car , looked great and gave a slick finish but didnt last its doesnt cope well with heat so they say.

Rimwax and 476s both last well my Superb got 3 coats of rimwax when i collected it and its still beading coming up for three months now.

To bump this thread back again, I am in a similar position.... 2 freshly refurbed wheels with virgin tyres on them. Jetseal 109 the best to use now I have some from Mr Baker?

Good guide on applying Jetseal 109 for the best result?

All you need to do is ensure the wheels are cleaned inside and out, apply Jetseal all over the wheels via an applicator pad and then leave for 10 mins and buff off, repeat the process and job done, you will notice a nice shine to the wheels and the water will jet bead off...........:thumbup:

Simon I have some AutoGlym wheel sealant like this, I know you hate AutoGylm (or at least don't think it's the best ;)) but do you think this product is any good as an alternative to Jetseal? :)

I have coated the insides of my two front wheels with it in generous amounts to try to prevent any problems with brake dust corrosion on my next track day :)

Simon I have some AutoGlym wheel sealant like this, I know you hate AutoGylm (or at least don't think it's the best ;)) but do you think this product is any good as an alternative to Jetseal? :)

I have coated the insides of my two front wheels with it in generous amounts to try to prevent any problems with brake dust corrosion on my next track day :)

Any protection is better than none mate and don't worry about what I may say, it's just my opinion, I do have some AG products in my collection..........:thumbup:

Never used the product mate so couldn't really comment, problem is that when you find something that works well then is there a need to change it? Having spoken to a few other detailers sometimes you just work with what works if that makes sense..........:o

On a related topic...has anybody else who has applied FK1000P to their wheels found that the brake dust was HARDER to remove? Seems to have stuck to it, took more agitation to remove. Before, a decent going-over with the power washer got rid of most of it.

Still looks good and beads well mind you.

My parents bought three massive AutoGlym Wheel Sealant aerosols today for £10.. bargain.. even if it doesn't last very long it's still good for about 6 or 8 months of wheel protection :).

On a related topic...has anybody else who has applied FK1000P to their wheels found that the brake dust was HARDER to remove? Seems to have stuck to it, took more agitation to remove. Before, a decent going-over with the power washer got rid of most of it.

Still looks good and beads well mind you.

i havent , normally the pressure washer shifts 99% and i just finish up with shampoo and a sponge