Police Octavia's???

On my way into work this evening, sitting on the inside lane of the M20 at 70 mph in my Race Blue vRS Tdi, a BMW Z4 soft top passed me at well in excess of the speed limit.

As I moved into lane 2 to pass a HGV, a Merc CLK came flying up in the 3rd lane ( must have been trying to catch the BMW ) slammed on the brakes so hard the front end went a bit wibbly wobbly. Dozy berk in the Merc must have thought I was in an unmarked car :D

He crept passed me and had a look over at me. I gave him Paddingtons hard stare through my sunglasses and as he pulled in front, also gave him a standard issue police long flash on the headlights. Had I not had my Briskoda fleece on, he would have seen my work polo shirt with POLICE on the back......................

If only I was in an unmarked, some of the things I've seen on the road net work around Kent :rotz:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inadequate power in fast road situations, not enough pick up. Clearly having been spoilt with mk1 and 2 vRS's (and having my own) colours this somewhat, but it is embarrassing just how slow they are. They just aren't quick enough to pick up speed, it seems to take ages to get up to a reasonable speed.

A lot of the Kent coppers I speak to on the West Kent BCU all want MK2 vRS's, even diesel ones. They all say the same about the 4x4 ERV's, ie, a nice family car but not fast enough as a reponce vehicle and too unstable in fast corners.

I see 'unmarked' Police cars everywhere! :peepwall:

It's not fair,speed cameras have to be clearly marked.Not that I go around speeding much anyway.

Mind you,if all they did was collar these idiots who use their cars as a mobile office,make-up parlour and fast food restaurant,I would be very happy!

South Hampsire Traffic now have a VERY understated gunmetal grey Superb in the fleet. Doesn't look at all like a police car...

That's an unmarked firearms car.

Be on the look out for a new Subaru Legacy (silver I think) - which will be doing the rounds soon. Has lights in the rear bumper so easy to spot from the rear!

north wales have a couple of silver mkii vrs estates

I saw one of them yesterday on the Queensferry by pass.

It had pulled over a tractor and trailer, possibly for driving too slowly? :rolleyes:

BTW, why do the N.Wales police have to dress up like the gestapo.

Black flak jackets, combat trousers, black base ball caps, black sunglass's.

BTW, why do the N.Wales police have to dress up like the gestapo.

Black flak jackets, combat trousers, black base ball caps, black sunglass's.

They think they're extras in Torchwood.

The new style of national police uniform is more comfertable, practical and easier to mantain. It would be nice if my own force addopted it :o

That's an unmarked firearms car.

Be on the look out for a new Subaru Legacy (silver I think) - which will be doing the rounds soon. Has lights in the rear bumper so easy to spot from the rear!

Firearms unit get a rather nice 5 series BMW estate in silver round Rotherham went for a spin in it once, not sure which engine but it certainly shifted,

Firearms unit get a rather nice 5 series BMW estate in silver round Rotherham went for a spin in it once, not sure which engine but it certainly shifted,

3.0tdi perhaps

Have you managed to pursuade Kent County Constabulary to buy Octy VRS TDI CR Estates yet Rich? They seem to be using 2.0 FSIs at the mo:)

Please can someone do this... stop the beancounters choosing our response cars.

Please can someone do this... stop the beancounters choosing our response cars.

Bean counters run everything else in this country,

regardless of whether they understand that their "saving on paper"

has a "cost" in the "real world"....

so just make sure you only pursue cars with <140bhp

My unit is getting 2 Nissan Pathfinders in the next few weeks :thumbup: All well and good but, hardly anyone on the unit can officialy drive a 4x4. You have to have done a 2 day course :mad: plus, if they come with auto boxes, that requires a further 1 to 2 days course, depending on the type of auto box.....................:rotz:

Let me tell you, getting any form of driving course in my division is like rocking horse poo. I've been trying to get my 3 week "blues and two's" course for 8 years now....................................................

(perhaps its because I'm a white hetrosexual anglo saxon male...........:rolleyes:)

Saw a Kent police MK2 vRS driver training school car today, shiny red, blues and two's, headlight alternators, rear reads and blues............................. lovley :cool:

Lucky buggers on their driving course :mad:

Become a muslim then. That's what I'm going to do...

Its they way forward........ :rolleyes:

On my way into work this evening, sitting on the inside lane of the M20 at 70 mph in my Race Blue vRS Tdi, a BMW Z4 soft top passed me at well in excess of the speed limit.

As I moved into lane 2 to pass a HGV, a Merc CLK came flying up in the 3rd lane ( must have been trying to catch the BMW ) slammed on the brakes so hard the front end went a bit wibbly wobbly. Dozy berk in the Merc must have thought I was in an unmarked car :D

He crept passed me and had a look over at me. I gave him Paddingtons hard stare through my sunglasses and as he pulled in front, also gave him a standard issue police long flash on the headlights. Had I not had my Briskoda fleece on, he would have seen my work polo shirt with POLICE on the back......................

If only I was in an unmarked, some of the things I've seen on the road net work around Kent :rotz:

FLOL!!! I have exactly the same vrs as u rich, and iv had that a couple off times on the m20 and always laugh as u see them breakin with the puzzled is it/ isnt it look on their face. But like u its a shame the things i see on the roads and always off duty when it happens .....

I was on the M3 one night just north of Winchester in lane 1 of 2, with no other traffic around, when I noticed some headlights approaching from behind in lane 2 at a rate of knots.

As he got closer I saw that it was a 350Z. He suddenly slammed on the brakes before cruising slowly past me. The driver and passenger both looked across, and seeing that I was not an unmarked car, then booted it and sped off into the distance. :D

It made me chuckle anyway. :)

FLOL!!! I have exactly the same vrs as u rich, and iv had that a couple off times on the m20 and always laugh as u see them breakin with the puzzled is it/ isnt it look on their face. But like u its a shame the things i see on the roads and always off duty when it happens .....

We are the "Boys In Blue"......................................... :thumbup:

Seen two unmarked Estate VRS's in Bangor North Wales. One a silver 57plate and one race blue 09plate. Both were diesel, they say they prefer them to the T5;)