Any PD VRS drivers considering the Custom Code DPF removal and map?

I'm fairly tempted by this, but it's quite pricey and I've noted some concerns on forums about Custom Code pushing stock turbos too hard. They seem sure it will pass an MOT soot test but when I spoke to them they hadn't actually tried it.

Anybody else considering this and what are your thoughts?

Orginal details at DPF Removal downpipe and Custom-Code DPF-OFF Software RELEASED! - SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to go down the re-map route in the not too distant future:thumbup:,but having seen this, with potential gains of between 220-240bhp had got me to re-think:confused:. I quite like this idea and will be keeping a close eye on the thread;)

I got custom code on my vrs with no problems what so ever. went straight through mot no probs. car has done 105k. Also tried the 2 stroke in the tank aswell. does seem alot smoother and is throwing out alot less smoke. no real noice in the power gains. if it pops it pops

Interesting thread, and even more so the one on the Seat site. Some questions spring to mind - if the dpf removal and remap doesn't cause significant smoke to be released even when the output is raised significantly, why does VAG group fit the DPF in the first place? And more importantly, on the second page:

DPF Removal downpipe and Custom-Code DPF-OFF Software RELEASED! - Page 2 - SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum

n0ble mentions having his 170PD returned from a dealer with a ECU "upgrade" where the power was down to 155bhp, according to Custom-Code HQ dealers are now de-rating output to reduce problems with the DPF cycle. That's really worrying? Is my '08 vrs not fit for purpose?

Does anyone in the Skoda business know 1) if this is true? and 2) if it is going to be rolled out through all VAG 170PD cars? - I really hope not as I'll be taking mine back to the dealer in that case and asking for a refund (of roughly half the difference in list price between a 140PD and the VRS!)

if the dpf removal and remap doesn't cause significant smoke to be released even when the output is raised significantly, why does VAG group fit the DPF in the first place?

The DPF is fitted to achieve Euro IV complience with such comparitively high power output. I presume the car would no longer be EURO IV complient after the DPF is removed and ECU remapped. This isn't a problem though as it doesn't have to be, it only has to pass an MOT metered smoke test.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm itching to get this done:ukliam:but i can't make up my mind whether it's gonna cause any longterm effect on engine parts:tempted:

What's your views on this guys:confused:

The DPF is fitted to achieve Euro IV complience with such comparitively high power output. I presume the car would no longer be EURO IV complient after the DPF is removed and ECU remapped. This isn't a problem though as it doesn't have to be, it only has to pass an MOT metered smoke test.

And the real ironic thing is the DPF only deals with 3% of the total exhaust anyhow.

Silly question maybe but.... as car tax is done on emissions wont this effect the road tax band if the DPF is taken away?? :confused:

No, because car tax is based on the manufacturers figures. Whats done to the car afterwards has no impact on the tax banding.

No, because car tax is based on the manufacturers figures. Whats done to the car afterwards has no impact on the tax banding.

Not here in Germany! Killing will give you less time in jail :eek:

Not here in Germany! Killing will give you less time in jail :eek:

Sounds like the authorities are a bit serious about modifying anything in Germany.

A colleague of mine told me some years ago " you may not legally modify a car mechanically in any way unless its done by one of the tuning houses " at huge cost I expect! don't know if its true?

All the parts you change on your car will need an approval of the TÜV. That is also why German (approved) tuning parts are so much more expensive as (non approved) tuning parts from other countries.

The approval costs a lot of money and the tuners will have to earn the investment back. It is typical german burocracy, costs a lot of money and I doubt it will do that much to the safety or environment.

But removing the DPF is more a tax thing. And that will give you a heavier sentence as driving with non approved wheels or a not registered chiptuning.

I was looking at this for my passat but i've gone off the idea as i've got the DSG gearbox and dont fancy pushing my luck with that much power and torque through it

Some one told me the DSG's can take a fair bit more of power - or is it that I am misinformed?

I have a DSG and am thinking of a remap!

All the parts you change on your car will need an approval of the TÜV. That is also why German (approved) tuning parts are so much more expensive as (non approved) tuning parts from other countries.

The approval costs a lot of money and the tuners will have to earn the investment back. It is typical german burocracy, costs a lot of money and I doubt it will do that much to the safety or environment.

But removing the DPF is more a tax thing. And that will give you a heavier sentence as driving with non approved wheels or a not registered chiptuning.

Yeah the last bit is the telling thing - tax as everwhere...above all else!

I used to think the UK was the biggest burocracy capital but I begin to believe Germany & italy are possibly worse. ( more fanatic about enforcing it - certainly in Germany)

• 3 weeks later...
Some one told me the DSG's can take a fair bit more of power - or is it that I am misinformed?

I have a DSG and am thinking of a remap!

As far as I know the standard DSG box is rated by VAG up to 360nm. I believe the box itself can be 'tuned' to take more power but this requires mechanical as well as electronic changes to up the oil pressure and clutch opperation.

Several tuning firms have stated that they have tuned PD140s to over 400nm and had no problems reported with the standard DSG box but I have not been able to get any realistic feedback on numbers tuned and miles done since without problems plus how the car is driven from anyone, just a blanket statement that they have not had any DSG problems reported.

If anyone has run a tuned PD140 with over 400nm for any length of time perhaps they can report their experience.

P-Torque have announced their pricing...

£765.00 all in, inc DPF delete map, Milltek DPFless downpipe, fitting and dyno runs.

P-Torque DPF Delete Software Released!! - SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum

Alternatively, Custom Code should hopefully be coming back soon with details of the group buy I asked them for.

• 3 weeks later...