vRS & Scout facelift

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's the radiator that's all wrong in my opinion; it's just not sporty enough. I'm really not keen on the front end and the rear doesn't look any different anyway.

Glad I viewed this thread tonight as I was going to order a vRS tomorrow. The big question is: when can we order the new one? I broached the subject with my local dealer who seemed to think a) there wasn't going to be a facelifted vRS and B) even if there was it would not be available for 12 months!

That new Scout looks the biz.

This info was posted on 9th April, in another thread on this subject by a briskodian who works in a dealership ;-

"......... but this is the only official news from Skoda UK, released to dealers today,

The new Octavia vRS and new Octavia Scout, with the exterior modifications that were previously applied to the rest of the Octavia range in week 45 of 2008, will begin production in week 22 (week commencing 25 May 2009).

More details of these vehicles will be published nearer the time. The Q3 price lists, which will be available from 1July, will reflect these new additions to the range."

Seems like your dealer is playing at being an Ostrich! If production starts the last week in May, cars ought to be appearing in dealerships anytime around early July (to coincide with the price list release).

Prices are not out yet but my local dealer, Progress in Letchworth, have one facelift vRS on order (having sold 4 preowned ones in the last 2 weeks) for 'stock'.

Looks like someone's tried to graft the front spolier from a SEAT Leon FR onto the vRS. And with the SEAT wheels, maybe the gnomes at VW told Skoda they had to raid the SEAT parts bin...

.... they have raided the VW parts bin as well. Wheels (known as Chicago) are fitted to the VW EOS Sport - always considered this as a bit of a Hairdressers car; Hmmm.

The headlights is a hugh factor for me. I JUST DONT LIKE THEM :-(

I think the problem stems from taking a design feature (headlights and grille) from a new car for which they were intended (the Superb) and transplanting them into an older design (Octavia) for which they were never intended. This will always result in something that doesn't look 'quite right'.

My view is the lower front spoiler is too agressive. What I've always liked about Skoda design is the understated, slighlty restrained look. Slapping an agresive front on an otherwise understated design is bound to look out of kilter.

Thanks Bahnstormer.

Even though the Q3 price lists aren't available yet I wonder if it's possible to place an order for the facelift vRS before the end of June (to take advantage of the 0% finance and free servicing offers) for delivery in September...?

Thanks Bahnstormer.

Even though the Q3 price lists aren't available yet I wonder if it's possible to place an order for the facelift vRS before the end of June (to take advantage of the 0% finance and free servicing offers) for delivery in September...?

Sorry, no idea on that one; best talk to a dealer.

The headlights is a hugh factor for me. I JUST DONT LIKE THEM :-(

I thought that until I saw one of the refreshed Octavias in the flesh and it did look much better than the piccies...

Still not completely convinved though...

i really like the new VRS, the wheels especially even if they are off an Eos! Prefer the new badging too but not entirely too sure of the DRL's until ive seen them in the flesh

I think I am right in thinking dan_the_v8man has the wheels on his Passat on his signature banner.

(Am wondering if I am sad for noticing this...)

28273.attach

Edited by London Les

I think I am right in thinking dan_the_v8man has the wheels on his Passat on his signature banner.

(Am wondering if I am sad for noticing this...)

They look very much like the same.

This actually is getting depressing as the vRS was fairly unique for its wheels and front bumper, but is now just another VW clone. :thumbdwn: :mad:

They look very much like the same.

This actually is getting depressing as the vRS was fairly unique for its wheels and front bumper, but is now just another VW clone. :thumbdwn: :mad:

Hhhmmmmm... is it just me or do the new front lights look very similar to last gen. Impreza & lower front grill looks similar to last gen Mondeo ST?

I'm sure i'll get used to it, but there is nothing telling me to "stop me & buy one" from a looks point of view!

28274.attach

28275.attach

If the new wheels are identicall to the VW-Chicago wheels. Than is what Bahnstormer already wrote correct, the wheels will stand out more than the zeniths. The Chicagos are 8x18 ET44 (same as my BBS VZ033).

The facelifted RS will be configurable from the first week of may in Germany. (=orderable).

If the new wheels are identicall to the VW-Chicago wheels. Than is what Bahnstormer already wrote correct, the wheels will stand out more than the zeniths. The Chicagos are 8x18 ET44 (same as my BBS VZ033).

Looking at the detailed pictures here;- http://www.autofun.cz/skoda-octavia-rs-2419/ - I'd say; YES (knowing where my B14s sit that are 8J ET45).

very disappointed not to be getting the newer engine...might put me off updating my current mk2

the VRS is lagging behind the rest of the group with power in their 'sporty' model. When you look at what seat are squeezing out of their models and i'm sure they get the newer engine in their facelifted leion FR?

very disappointed not to be getting the newer engine...might put me off updating my current mk2

the VRS is lagging behind the rest of the group with power in their 'sporty' model. When you look at what seat are squeezing out of their models and i'm sure they get the newer engine in their facelifted leion FR?

That's not true, the facelifted petrol RS has the new EA888 2.0 TSI engine like the new Leon FR and Golf6 GTI.

The only difference is, (in my opinion only on paper), it has 200 Bhp instead of 210 (Golf) or 211 (Leon FR). Torque figures are the same, 280 NM on both versions.

The Seat Exeo and the new VW Scirocco have this 200 BHP version too.

The old BWA 2.0 TFSI is no more on production. This new EA888 motor produces in reality somewhere between 215 and 225BHP in reality, and can be remapped around 270 BHP, more then the old BWA version.

However only Audi modells got the full version (valvetronic) of this EA888 motor, with 180 or 211 BHP and 350 NM.

This info was posted on 9th April, in another thread on this subject by a briskodian who works in a dealership ;-

"......... but this is the only official news from Skoda UK, released to dealers today,

The new Octavia vRS and new Octavia Scout, with the exterior modifications that were previously applied to the rest of the Octavia range in week 45 of 2008, will begin production in week 22 (week commencing 25 May 2009).

More details of these vehicles will be published nearer the time. The Q3 price lists, which will be available from 1July, will reflect these new additions to the range."

Seems like your dealer is playing at being an Ostrich! If production starts the last week in May, cars ought to be appearing in dealerships anytime around early July (to coincide with the price list release).

Prices are not out yet but my local dealer, Progress in Letchworth, have one facelift vRS on order (having sold 4 preowned ones in the last 2 weeks) for 'stock'.

My local dealer has also told me the facelifted vRS will be available to order from May

One of my inlaws has just got an Octavia "S" (the "old" Classic") with the new front end. It looks better "in the flesh" than the pictures but the vRS seems to be cobbled together with bits of various parts bins and not a car in its own right. The same could be said of the Superb too, as that's really a Passat. Can't say I want to rush out an order one, even if I could get a yellow one and be in Chris Evan's Yellow Car Club - yesterday, Radio 2. The Seat Exeo might be interesting, but that uses the Audi parts bin and production line and whatever else the Spaniards can get from VW !

The facelift vRS and Scout get a mention on Auto Express today;- Skoda Octavia vRS | Auto Express News | News | Auto Express

as does the latest SEAT Leon Cupra; Spanish show debuts for sizzling SEAT duo | Auto Express News | News | Auto Express

Much prefer the wheels (on the Cupra) and where have I seen that lower front bumper layout before? :confused:

IMHO as long as it is only an option!

Has anyone seen any interior shots yet?

sadly not..I am wondering if their will be re-trimmed seats or if we still get the same ones..wouldnt mind a full leather interior option!