Skid Pan Sessions

Chavyboy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically use your own cars to keep the cost down.

Do you know if there are places which actually allow this?

Pretty sure ColinD looked into this a while back, and most places prefer to use their own cars rather than letting people use their own - mainly because their cars are more often than not on "cradles" and so they have a fair amount of control over the car, and also you don't get someone with "slippery" wheels driving home and sueing them for the resulting accident...

That said, hiring a piece of ground and getting some hoses on it wouldn't necessarily be too hard...dunno, just a couple of things to be aware of... :)

Rob.

OK spoke to the skid pan company at Croydon and this is what they told me.

They can have a maximum of 8 people per day at the skid pan, this is from 9am - 2:30pm. 2 cars will be on the pan at the same time with 4 bystanders.

You will recieve a 20 minute briefing at the start then a 10 minute video to explain the techniques.

The prices are going to be

Where we talking on my home patch? Have they got an auto? with hand controls? opps might have missed out on this one but if not i'm in

1. Ivan & Sarah (SWMBO)

2. Simon + 1

3. Joel + 1 (confirmed now)

4. Jeff + 1 (date depending)

5. Andy (its my home patch)+ Rachel (if car fits)

• 3 weeks later...

Right I spoke to the place today (12/10/04) about this and they have the following Saturdays available as before christmas we would have to do it on a weekday so thats a no no really.

15 Jan 2005

22 Jan 2005

It will be one group of 8 then the remaining on the other saturday.

I need definate numbers and NO TIME WASTERS Any time wasters will be not allowed to participate in any other thing I organise for the club.

I have managed to get the price down to