Unhelpful Skoda Dealers

Having been used to helpful and efficent Mazda dealers, I sent a PM and e-mail to one or two local Surrey dealers asking for some info on the Octy 2010 model and a few other questions. In the end, I ended up mailing EVERY dealer in Surrey. One replied with an offer to send info (it never arrived) and could not offer a test drive as they had no Petrol Octys. Not such a good start is it?

I've been to one in Glasgow twice and been completely ignored by the woman behind the main desk. She looked up at me then looked away and continued shuffling her bits of paper the first time.

The second time I stood directly in front of where she was sitting and waited on a "can I help you", it never came she just completely blanked me.

Eventually a embarrassed looking salesman came over and asked if he could help, I'm not using Henrys again and from now on will be using a VW dealer for my service/repairs.

No way they are getting my money again.

I went into a local Skoda dealer with an enquiry about my brakes, the knob behind the desk sat waffling on the phone for about 5 minutes, a technician also walked in during the call. When he finished on the phone he ignored me and started an in depth conversation with the technician.

I promptly walked out and have never been back since.

I was under the impression they were good and, esp since a large dealer near me is acutally on this site I was expecting info and help. For example. there is no way I am just gonna change from a manual to a DSG without a 24hour test drive, plus a breakdown of the options open to me.

If they ignore me, then I'll ignore them!

Try Willis motor co at Ruislip, I have always found them very good at getting back to me.

Having been used to helpful and efficent Mazda dealers, I sent a PM and e-mail to one or two local Surrey dealers asking for some info on the Octy 2010 model and a few other questions. In the end, I ended up mailing EVERY dealer in Surrey. One replied with an offer to send info (it never arrived) and could not offer a test drive as they had no Petrol Octys. Not such a good start is it?

I've always had a very low reply rate to emails sent to dealers. I think this may be because the addresses are often generic to the dealership rather than for a specific named individual. However I have never had any complaints about how I've been received when I've visited Skoda dealerships in person. I've always found the customer focus of sales staff at Allams in Epsom (Surrey) excellent, so may be worth dropping in if it's not to far for you. Withams in Hersham have also been helpful to me.

Have to agree with Moley. Willis is the only Dealer I have ever bought 2 cars from. They've always done good by me, and I have compared them to some other local dealers who guaranteed very quickly that I wouldn't buy from them. You'll never get ignored by the ladies on Reception at Willis, and Pete the service manager, I cannot fault for helping me out when I needed it. A sign of a good dealer is one who won't leave you in the lurch when something goes wrong. Willis is such a dealer. No, I'm not on commission, but I am still smiling every time I get in my Octi VRS LE. :)

I bought my first Skoda from Willis and they were great I have to say. I bought my current Skoda from Palmers in Watford and they have been fantastic as well. For a small dealer they shift loads of stock which says it all realy.

Never had any problems with the sales staff at Station Garage. We bought our vRS from there and didn't have any problems. Parking can be a royal PITA though.

Did you not email us?

We've got Octavia petrols. We've got 1.4TSi, 1.8TSi, 2.0FSi. We don't have any 1.6FSi or any 2.0TFSi at the moment though.

If you did mail us, I'd be interested to know who replied saying we don't have any petrols.

My experience of Skoda dealers has not been good. Compared to Toyota dealers they leave a lot to be desired. As for using VW dealers for servicing, when I asked my local dealers for a quote, thy told me that they didn't service Skodas!

I've got your PM gadgetman but didn't get chance to work on the figures yesterday, for some reason we are really busy 22 cars in 5 days, bit of a record for us. But will get on the case as soon as I have time, I imagine I'll be staying late tonight to sort out all my bits and will get the figures for the Octy then.

As for m0bov, when did you send your PM? I can't find it?

I've got your PM gadgetman but didn't get chance to work on the figures yesterday, for some reason we are really busy 22 cars in 5 days, bit of a record for us. But will get on the case as soon as I have time, I imagine I'll be staying late tonight to sort out all my bits and will get the figures for the Octy then.

As for m0bov, when did you send your PM? I can't find it?

22 cars in 5 days! that's impressive. You must be doing something right.

What cars were they? the Superb and Octy facelift have received almost uniformly good reviews.

Do you get a lot of repeat custom?

24 NOW!!

A combination of everything to be honest, it's actually getting a little too busy. My colleague was hear until 10pm last night I escaped at 7pm. Yes we've been here for 3 years now and we're getting a lot of people with 3 year old Octavias and last of the old shape Fabias coming in to see us at the moment.

Surely must be a good sign for the economy if car sales are picking up?

Have sent message as e-mail since your profile is set not to receive pms, anyway you should have mail. I did also sent it via your website.

Hmmm I have used drive the deal for a quote, but be careful the quote I was given I would not have the V5 document for 6 months "It had to be registered in a fleet name" and of course when you come to sell the car you are the second registered keeper!