what bulb for octy 2

It's not difficult. It's the most easy and straightforward bulb replacement I've had in a long time, including previous Skodas. Follow Andy's guide, pop the whole light unit out, change bulbs :thumbup:

How easy would you like it to be? :)

Also, for others - PowerBulbs - Car Bulbs, Headlight Bulbs, Xenon Bulbs from Philips and Osram, including Philips Xtreme Power and Osram NightBreaker globes. has a useful 'what bulbs do I need' section for all cars (and if you're a Freedom member, remember about the discount available).

Steve

I know what he means though. Some modern cars make it increasingly difficult to do the simplest things, such as bulb changes. Take the outgoing version of the Megane for instance, you have to remove the wheel to get to a flap in the arch, in order to gain access to the headlight to change a bulb!

In comparison then, the Octy is child's play!

i changed the bulb and must admit it wasn't that tough..... easier on a volvo though....

You have to send me a donut if you used the guide :thumbup:

The sidelights on the other hand are a complete and utter ****.

Too fecking right - I intended putting my free Philips blue sidelight bulbs in after fitting the Extremes, but gave up because it looks like a few bits need to be removed before you can get to the bulb - probably have to go to the dealers or other expert. :mad:

Hmmm, interesting about the sidelights. I don't remember having any trouble :rubchin:

They might have been a bit tricky to get at, but past that....

And I don't have the most delicate of hands either!

Steve

i changed the bulb and must admit it wasn't that tough..... easier on a volvo though....

You wanna try and MX5 with pop-ups! :-

Pop lights

remove fuse

undo screws and remove pop-up surround

undo screws and remove headlight retaining ring

remove headlight

remove connector

remove rubber cover

remove spring holder retaining bulb

REPLACE BULB!!!!

replace spring bulb holder

replace rubber cover

replace headlight

replace retaining ring and do up screws

replace pop-up surround and do up screws

replace fuse

put lights down!

ALL other cars are easy in comparison - including my brother-in-laws PT Cruiser that needs baby sized hands to get to the bulbs via an access cover in the wheel arch!

I think changing the side light bulbs on my last car, a Smart Roadster, must take the prize! The basic process & slightly shortened version of the instructions are:-

release bonnet catch & lift bonnet

undo all screws holding headlight surrounds in place & remove

undo all screws holding headlight units in place & remove

undo all screws holding side wings & front bumper assembly & remove

Yes folks, you basically have to remove the entire front of the car to change the side light bulbs!!!!!

Meganes are good too (at least RenaultSport versions) - that really requires the removal of the bumper for bulb changing, despite the inclusion of an amusingly small access hatch in each wheel arch :)

Steve

I think changing the side light bulbs on my last car, a Smart Roadster, must take the prize! The basic process & slightly shortened version of the instructions are:-

release bonnet catch & lift bonnet

undo all screws holding headlight surrounds in place & remove

undo all screws holding headlight units in place & remove

undo all screws holding side wings & front bumper assembly & remove

Yes folks, you basically have to remove the entire front of the car to change the side light bulbs!!!!!

And doesn't changing spark plugs require the removal of the rear bumper?... Way to go Mercedes!

• 9 months later...

With a slight redesign of the headlight you could possibly change the bulbs without removing the whole unit, they need to leave enough room to get your hands in.

to change the sidelight ones remove the whole unit, then get a pair of long surgical clamps (I got mine from a fishing tackle shop) press both lugs in and pull, while there fit LED no dash warning ones then forget about them for the life of the car

Meganes are good too (at least RenaultSport versions) - that really requires the removal of the bumper for bulb changing, despite the inclusion of an amusingly small access hatch in each wheel arch :)

Steve

Also on standard models....had one in 2007. Absolute crap how they made it on them....mind you, the whole car was terrible crap....