Interest for Nurburgring 2009? 18-21st September

devonutopia

According to the website, Touristfahrten over this weeked is:

Friday: 2:15pm to 7.30pm

Saturday: 1.30pm to 7.30pm (with some spectator thing in the morning to enjoy)

Sunday: 8.00am to 7.30pm

Now I am propsing a trip entailing a lunchtime arrival at the Ring on Friday, and leaving again either Sunday late afternoon, or make a whole weekend of it and travel back Monday.

The accommodation as in prior trips will be the nearby Centre Parcs. I have priced up an 8 person villa for an "arrive Friday, leave Monday" and it comes to 547 Euros, which is basically 68 euros per person for 3 nights away, based on self catering. This cost is a "weekend" one and is not affected by leaving sunday or monday.

At the moment I wish to restrict this to EIGHT people (not eight cars). If there is enough interest, the space can be increased to SIXTEEN people, at two cabins for the same price. :) (based on 2 people sharing)

To factor in ALL possible costs you are basically looking at the following:

Accommodation: £60 ish

Petrol: From Dunkerque, 500 mile round trip + laps/social driving

Ferry: Just priced up £31 for anti-social crossings (2am leave Dover, leave DK 6pm on way back) Say £40 at most

Food: £50 per person, allowing for eating out most nights (if not all ;))

Drink: Well - There's a nearby Lidl I know well ;) Cheap cheap cheap :D

Laps:-

22 euros each

75 euros for 4

145 euros for 8

250 euros for 15 (my favourite :D)

390 euros for 25

1075 euros for unlimited jahreskarte

I am setting a self-imposed deadline of 1st August for any interest to be shown and if none / too little, I'll be going on my todd and probably tag along with members of Northloop.

Anyone up for it?

1) devonutopia

Edited by devonutopia

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am officially interested, but also working that weekend. I will talk to The Boss. (not Bruce Springsteen)

Also, never having attended at The Ring before, are you allowed to 'take it easy'?

Is there any point taking out track insurance?

Do I have to inform my own insurance Co what I'm up to?

1 Also, never having attended at The Ring before, are you allowed to 'take it easy'?

2 Is there any point taking out track insurance?

3 Do I have to inform my own insurance Co what I'm up to

1) Definitely! But if it's busy you might get a little frustrated at having to keep your eyes in the rearview mirror all the time and getting out the way to the right, indicator on. :) But this woudln't happen too often if you treated it like a casual spirited drive in the countryside over here :)

2) No point in my opinion. At least for me. The ring is based on respect at 95+% of people will be in the same boat and therefore will not be trying to force you out the way dangerously. The real faster cars usually will give an advance warning of their pace by a flash of main beam at distance. I applaud that :)

3) Same as #2 in my opinion. Tell them you're driving abroad if you don't have automatic EU driving cover (like I have)

I need to add that if I don't have at least half a dozen people or so by the end of July/early August, I am going to be making my own accommodation arrangements and there'll be no "brisky" trip unless other people tag along making their own accommodation arrangements as well.

Well, if no serious interest arises from here I'll approach one of the hotels mentioned on the Northloop Forum. For one person, 32 euros a night B&B is the next best option after a group booking at Center Parcs. :)

I'm interested for sure, very work dependant tho. I know Jamie doesn't fancy driving this time but you're welcome to passenger with me if you're considering going Jamie? I'd like to remove it from the 'to do' list & move it to the 'been there, done that' list!

I've just checked with work & it looks like I can, only thing is, I'm supposed to be doing a Harley holiday around Spain somewhere between mid Sep & mid October, so I've got to check dates for that too. Please mark me as a definite possible tho!

I've just signed up to do a 4 weekend course in September so looks like it's out for me... sorry Leesman :( I've asked Suze if she fancies going in late October so maybe the three of us could go and share the cost? Theres Touristfahren on the last weekend of October, the 24th and 25th

Could make it that weekend as am workfree (hooray!) so count me in as either driver and take one of you guys as a passenger OR passenger with one of you kind folks!

Have matchsticks and thermos - will travel!

I'd like to go again if I'm welcome :o

I promise to spend all my laps, not block anyone on the ring and not attack anyone when drunk (which will be unlikrly cos I stopped drinking soon after last years trip in an attempt to sort my life out)

What do you reckon?

I'm a possible for this :thumbup:

Does this mean you've passed the aca?

Decided I'm now going regardless ;)

So for now the list is:

1) devonutopia 100%

2) Jomo

3) Southpaw

4) veekar

How many people are we actually talking about as once there are 8, including passengers that's it. Assuming all 4 will be +1, I might end up bringing Xavier who expressed an interest at Gaydon in coming as a passenger only. :)

The only financial commitment I will want is approx £60-£65 per person to pay for Center Parcs, as once I have 8 confirmed I'll be booking a villa right away! :thumbup: Non refundable too though, I'm afraid,

OK - the plan is now definitely to come back on the monday - probably around lunchtime, after checking out the center parcs in the morning - I propose to go and see the castle near the Ring, up on the hill - something I've thought about doing on all previous trips, but never had the time.

Good news also is the return crossings on monday are all £13.32 at the moment.

Looks like at the moment it could be a fabia only event :rofl:

I just checked my diary and the only weekend I have booked for the rest of the year is this one for a friend's 50th birthday, so I cant make it sorry.

What a pain I have just been planning on the drive in to work - oil change, brake fluid change, fit torque link, maybe a couple of new tyres, finally get round to that home build FMIC, visit castle in Nurburg...

Have fun guys :D