DK Schweizer Leather Retrim

I've emailed the pics to Wardy who has very kindly offered to host them. They should be appearing here soon. The red inserts on the front seat look a bit loose on the pics, but they were taken before I got the heat gun on them... much tighter looking now.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go. Must say Mark, they look impressive :cool:

Do you want the last photo online too? :)

Cheers,

Steve

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

dog.jpg

Edited by Wardy
Another photo!

I like them so much that I bid and won a set for my Octi in black. Looking forward to it arriving so I can have a go at fitting them myself.

Can you tell me, what setting/nozzle temp have you used for the heat gun, and are some of the pieces vinyl or is it all leather?

I guess now is the time to go looking for seat heating pads.

I like them so much that I bid and won a set for my Octi in black. Looking forward to it arriving so I can have a go at fitting them myself.

Can you tell me, what setting/nozzle temp have you used for the heat gun, and are some of the pieces vinyl or is it all leather?

I guess now is the time to go looking for seat heating pads.

Nice one. Be warned, it is a terribly difficult job which took me basically three full days and a lot of cuts on my hands. It is worth it though if you have the patience.

The seats are all leather (no vinyl). I used a low setting on the heat gun.

Thanks for all the pics guys! :thumbup:

I won the Roomster set, it will go into my wifes roomster. Shouldnt look to bad, black Roomy Scout with light grey leather interior :cool:.

Although the shipping costs are defty, it still is a bargain. Especially compared to what they want here for a leather trim. :eek:

Contacted the seller first to aks whether he would deliver to Germany. Got an instant response.

He can order trims, if you have special wishes. Black leather for the roomster would have cost 475 ex VAT ex shipping.

I hope the set will be delivered next week or so. Than I will start off with the rear seats. Will try to make pictures.

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to have some covers made to meaure,but saw a set of these in Black/Grey and bid for them ,good price -cheaper than getting them made.

Done the back seats myself,but got a proffesional trimmer,my cousin, to do the fronts.

He said they fitted very tight at the bottom of the seat backs so much so he let in an inch of extra leather on the back so it was not so stretched,cant see the join.

All done now and the do look good,well worth the money.and effort!!!!

I don't think they are listing any more though ? I think these must be last of a line or something.

Last ones are those red n black currently up.

But they don't suite vRS - also and wouldn't look good as black yellow and red for my car ..... unless it was pirate colours :o) Pity they don't have more to come, and in more neutral colours