Question on proposed new VRS Fabia

Why ? in all the bandied about thoughts, is a diesel 1.9 power plant not considered

They all speculate 1.4 or 1.6 Petrol

I am more than happy with MY VRS Fabia 1.9 diesel, I like the grunt and torque

So happy I want a new one, but if it is not diesel then I will have to start trawling for advice elsewhere ie another badge Though I REALLY do not want to do that and can not afford the Audi

Why would a company come up with a winner and ditch it?

Yes I would love an SE Limited edition but it is three years before MY Time

I want NEW not second hand and HEY I am addicted to the YELLOW now :-)

The Fabia is just right for me The Octavia is too big for what I want

Just a rant, I like my VRS Fabia I and would like a new replacement as is

I have kept up all the services and extra on my O4 but I am getting a bit fed up with

little niggles to put right, temperature warning (replace expansion tank £11) drivers window pinch motor sticking (needs door cover off) silly little things that a dealer charges a forturne for

I want a new diesel FABIA VRS Simples

National

It's going to depend on the power / torque of whatever engines are in the new version I suppose. Things have moved on. Personally I don't like the Fabia II shape and probably wouldn't bother if it was 400 hp as standard. Well I might but still like the Mk 1 shape much more.

If you've read all threads, then you'll know the answer!

1.9 TDI does not exist - it's an outdated design!

The rumours are a 1.4 Petrol TwinCharger TSI (circa 170bhp), and the new 1.6 CR TDI (circa 130? I dunno!)

What everyone hears at the moment is all pure speculation, nobody has yet confirmed what engines the new vRS will have, so take what you hear with a pinch of salt. Until there is concrete news from Skoda themselves in official publications, breathe easy.

Edited by mannyo

Aside from that it's mid-engined... :)

From what I've read, the 2.0 will be too heavy, hence the new 1.6 tractor engine.

If you've read all threads, then you'll know the answer!

1.9 TDI does not exist - it's an outdated design!

The rumours are a 1.4 Petrol TwinCharger TSI (circa 170bhp), and the new 1.6 CR TDI (circa 130? I dunno!)

Meh, the new Ibiza with the 1.6 CR TDI only has 105ps, i hope they follow the new leon fr with the two 2litre lumps TSI (210bhp) and the CR TDI (170bhp) and probably both with the DSG?

It wont be the 2.0CR, its way to heavy for the chassis and would ruin the handling. It will as already mentioned most likely be a tuned version of the 1.6CR.

Meh, the new Ibiza with the 1.6 CR TDI only has 105ps, i hope they follow the new leon fr with the two 2litre lumps TSI (210bhp) and the CR TDI (170bhp) and probably both with the DSG?

Why? It's a Fabia... same class as an Ibiza!

It won't be getting the 2.0 engines!

Nah, it'll be the V10 diesel !!! :eek:

Yes Please! :D Will it fit in the back seats, ie Clio V6 or 6R4 style.

The 1.4 TSI would be nice as the new Ibeza Cupra has one with the DSG and a tweeked 170 TSI giving 180 Bhp. As metioned this is one of the most asked questions on the fabia sections, so I think you have let some one loose with a shot gun on inocent young pets. :rotz:

Anyone got a calculator?

The VRS diesel didn't sell very well. In fact it only really sold numbers in the the UK, you got to any other EU country, even CZ and you just won't see one. If it aint gonna shift in more than one country then as a concept it's dead.

The VRS diesel didn't sell very well. In fact it only really sold numbers in the the UK, you got to any other EU country, even CZ and you just won't see one. If it aint gonna shift in more than one country then as a concept it's dead.

Hiya mate, are you sure about those figures because I've actually read the vRS made up a significant amount of overall Fabia Mark 1 sales, which was cited as the cause of the new Fabia being quite a rare sight... no vRS!

In whatever form it comes in, petrol, turbo, diesel, supercharged, TSi... it'll still be a great little warm hatch skoda. But don't expect big outputs because they aren't going to let it step on the toes of the Octavia (170bhp diesel remember) or the "sportier" Seat offerings.

If it's still cheap new and has cheap running costs (Insurance band 9, £120 tax) then it'll sell well in this climate. :thumbup:

One thing you can guarantee it will require new brakes, new suspension components, new exhaust, and at least a visit to the tuners to get it to drive anything like any of you want, out of the box it will end up being a body kitted under damped under powered squib, they (skoda) certainly won't produce anything that is likely to give the octavia a run for its money in the performance stakes.

Hiya mate, are you sure about those figures because I've actually read the vRS made up a significant amount of overall Fabia Mark 1 sales, which was cited as the cause of the new Fabia being quite a rare sight... no vRS!

Yep.

Sure they sold reasonably well over here but the UK market for Skoda is small compared to certain European markets. Overall it means that they just didn't sell in massive numbers.

All good comments BUT I do not want an OCTAVIA sized car, so they can either produce and sell me a FABIA sized car or stuff it, one lost sale

I do not like the Fabia II looks, and as for the Roadster, well to my UK eye it looks like a classic cut and shut Berlingo van back and Ford Focus front. jeezo even the windows do not line up.

Most suitable for a blind chamois wringer for a one armed window cleaner in Cleethorpes

So it seems I have to go elsewhere (where I have not a clue, but I want a Fabia VRS equivelent)

National

All good comments BUT I do not want an OCTAVIA sized car, so they can either produce and sell me a FABIA sized car or stuff it, one lost sale

I do not like the Fabia II looks, and as for the Roomster, well to my UK eye it looks like a classic cut and shut Berlingo van back and Ford Focus front. jeezo even the windows do not line up.

Most suitable for a blind chamois wringer for a one armed window cleaner in Cleethorpes

So it seems I have to go elsewhere (where I have not a clue, but I want a Fabia VRS equivelent)

National

I've edited the quote for accuracy.. :rolleyes:

The Roomster is a damn good car, I've had some as courtesy cars and enjoyed the space etc. Sure they look a little... quirky... but that's all part of the car's character. The Fabia II looks good, especially in Sport guise. A lot of people on here would tell you exactly the same.

As Decron has said, the vRS didn't sell massively well in other countries so it's not really a priority for them.

The Seat Ibiza will lead the way in showing Polo-class VAG cars having the 1.4TSI in varying states of tune for the Sport versions of each marque (i.e. Cupra, GTI and vRS)

Oh, and I've said it before and I'll say it again.. oh noes! Not one lost sale! :rofl: What exactly do you think you will accomplish with this statement? Do you honestly think that Skoda will read this and say "oh my, well, we'd better panda to this man's needs... Ctislav, dust off those old 1.9 tractor engine plans, we're putting them back into production!", "But Alekzander, what about these new 1.6 engines that our overlords at VW have made for us?", "Nonsense Ctislav! Have you not read that post on Briskoda!?"

:rofl:

oh, and i've said it before and i'll say it again.. oh noes! Not one lost sale! :rofl: What exactly do you think you will accomplish with this statement? Do you honestly think that skoda will read this and say "oh my, well, we'd better panda to this man's needs... Ctislav, dust off those old 1.9 tractor engine plans, we're putting them back into production!", "but alekzander, what about these new 1.6 engines that our overlords at vw have made for us?", "nonsense ctislav! Have you not read that post on briskoda!?"

:rofl:

psml

I think the 1.9 VRS was well ahead of its time - and diesel is now very much in vogue. However both the shape/looks of the newer Fabia and the thought the new VRS might be a smallish petrol engine means the new VRS won't be on my shopping list sadly. I think they should stick to diesel or go for broke with a 200BHP+ hot hatch to take on the Golf and Scirocco. Anything else is "just another warm hatch". I really don't know why they cannot use the same engines as the Octavia VRS.

Still you never know, the new VRS could still be very good and the rumoured engines might suit it well.