What to remove to lighten my car...?

What's this "highly deficient in power" nonsense? TBH I don't see the amount of weight you're going to save will make that much difference. Tyres and driver ability / nerve count for more at our level than any weight issue.

• Administrators

Jason, leave passenger seat in...two reasons...one to let somebody else drive your car that knows the circuit...shows you what can be done and secondly for same person to ride with you...it helps alot. Or did me...

Just agree to the bend it mend it rule all is fine.

Driver..........? :P :rofl:

This is serious. Why do you want to thrash your car round a track? I seem to remember some enthusiastic driving/cornering in a Fabia "landed" someone in a bit of trouble a while back....... :rolleyes:

inflate the tyres with Helium? :D

Sorry, couldn't resist. On a more serious note though - how much of a performance difference does having the typical stuff you have in your car make on a day to day basis? (i.e. one passenger, couple of shopping bags).

5kg = 1bhp

Ergo' date=' 100kg of assorted "stuff" in the car (easilly done) is 20bhp defecit.

HTH[/quote']

:nod:

I don't half notice a difference in performance with the rear seats alone being in or out the car, so am aiming for as much as possible.

Passenger seat is now staying.... My first aim then will be for an experienced person (maybe from track staff?) to show me the ropes beforehand. :thumbup:

I estimate off the top of my head seats/spare/ICE alone weighs around 75-80kg, so should help a lot. Just need to make up more smaller weight savings elsewhere - eg: 4 mats weigh around 2kg - 2.5kg I think.

A lot of it is merely psychological anyway. ;)

Indeed' date=' less to carry home.

Track staff will charge you...we'll sort something out on the day :D[/quote']

I'd be quite happy for a Briskodian to sit with me for 5 or 6 laps, and then leave me to practise a little...

How big are the gravel traps again? :rofl:

What exactly are you trying to achive/prove Jason? :confused:

my 2cents... taking the rear seats/spare wheel will prob affect handling and give it a light back end... not particuarly what yer want in a car thats already nose heavy???? :rolleyes:

achieve = better general performance, and don't mind being tail happy in the right environment. ;) And lightening the back end helped at TRAX a lot.

prove = nothing to prove :P Just want to try it out. ;)

Jason..

With respect, get a grip.

It's a track day, not a race. And your car is a daily driver is it not?

Last time i looked it wasn't a stripped out racing car or track day special. Just go to Anglesey and use it as a day to find the limits of your car as it normally is, not with half the trim removed.

It's a fun day, there's no need to take it so seriously :)

:rofl: I thought it was more fun to be removing stuff, than seriousness. ;) On the day I'll be in it [irish] for the crack! [/irish] Fun will had and I hope a bit of "car sharing" (or at least rides) will increase the fun!

*goes off with his T20 and philips to remove rear door cards. ;)

Jason..

With respect' date=' get a grip.

It's a track day, not a race. And your car is a daily driver is it not?

Last time i looked it wasn't a stripped out racing car or track day special. Just go to Anglesey and use it as a day to find the limits of your car as it [b']normally[/b] is, not with half the trim removed.

It's a fun day, there's no need to take it so seriously :)

thats what i was trying to say :)

Gravel traps...erm. They be about the size of a beach...the one at the foot of the cliffs mind. I'll have to dig some pics out :D It's a magical place hammering into school with the next stop being Ireland :D

Dont bother Col, thanks. I've seen an aerial photo, so sort of know what to expect. ;) 14" steels on the back, 17s on the front? :think:

Right, I'm off for the weekend now - no net access. :( Roll on Oct 19th! :D

Take Care Jason.

Hmmm. I've noticed a LOT of people saying this in the last few months. If its any consolation, my little incident has 100% changed my attitude toward driving in general. Kinda like once bitten, a bit more than twice shy. ;)