Illegal number plates - does more money mean less sense ?

Brimma

Its probably been covered on here somewhere before, But text speak on a forum is just plain lazy and makes you look a bit dumb.

The English language is slowly dying... :thumbdwn:

Correct, text speak has been covered on here. mainly around understanding whats been written.

Back to topic- I have a personalised plate which is a std issue DVLA, only those that know me understand its meaning - No mis-spacing.

However I do agree that deliberate mis-spacing and display of these plates does suggest that these drivers do not believe that the laws apply to them, and are selfish, arrogant and vain.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However I do agree that deliberate mis-spacing and display of these plates does suggest that these drivers do not believe that the laws apply to them, and are selfish, arrogant and vain.

Just when I was starting to think it was just me :thumbup:

you lot make me laugh brimma that plate int even on the car nice try though you have got too much time to look through my profile to find that picture. daveyonthemove? text talk makes you look dumb theres alot of dumb people then pal where in the 21st centuary now 90 percent of ppl use text talk i thought decent people owned skodas but just seem to be snooty clever people whos got nowt better to do its my last post ive got better things to be doing

you lot make me laugh brimma that plate int even on the car nice try though you have got too much time to look through my profile to find that picture. daveyonthemove? text talk makes you look dumb theres alot of dumb people then pal where in the 21st centuary now 90 percent of ppl use text talk i thought decent people owned skodas but just seem to be snooty clever people whos got nowt better to do its my last post ive got better things to be doing

Not really mate, 90% of my mates don't use 'txt spk' and i doubt 90% of the population do either.

You post is living proof that mispelling things to look cool, has had a knock on effect when your trying to write correctly. If i was the boss of a company, and an applicant for a job used text speak or couldn't spell simple words correctly, i'd thank them for coming and show them the door.

As for using it on a forum... WHY?

You have an endless amount of space to write in, and it won't cost a single penny if you use more than 120 characters, so just type properly. And with an increasing amount of foreign users on forums, they already had to learn basic english to be able to use a UK forum, why confuse them further with mispelt dribble?

Its just basic etiquete (sp?) mate, if you look at the rest of the forum you'll see that its not really used on here, so YOU are the minority and probably one of the 10% that do use it.

Not really mate, 90% of my mates don't use 'txt spk' and i doubt 90% of the population do either.

Your post is living proof that mispelling things to look cool, has had a knock on effect when your trying to write correctly. If i was the boss of a company, and an applicant for a job used text speak or couldn't spell simple words correctly, i'd thank them for coming and show them the door.

As for using it on a forum... WHY?

You have an endless amount of space to write in, and it won't cost a single penny if you use more than 120 characters, so just type properly. And with an increasing amount of foreign users on forums, they already had to learn basic english to be able to use a UK forum, why confuse them further with mispelt dribble?

Its just basic etiquete (sp?) mate, if you look at the rest of the forum you'll see that its not really used on here, so YOU are the minority and probably one of the 10% that do use it.

sorry couldn't resist correcting a spelling mistake :D

i would agree about the text speak,it didn't used to be tollerated at all on here,and i think we need the mods to start clamping down again,its not that i can't read it just that i can't be bothered to read it

fair play its nothing about being cool pal am not trying to be cool wot so ever however i appreciate you speaking to me without being clever and arrogant unlike others and respect what you say personally i dont think it matters wether you use text or normal english language as long as you understand wot am saying but no wot you mean with the foriegn situation, like i say wether your against or for plates is nothing to do with my comment people going out there way to dob people in is my issue?

Please can someone translate the above, as there appears to be letters missing from the keyboard. ;).

Having decyphered what I can from this,2 things stand out 1) Implication is that 90% of people who text speak are dumb & 2) Only snooty clever people own Skodas and cant do text speak.

Is this really the last post - No it is not, another posted just before this :rolleyes:

IMHO as long as the font is correct and there is no deliberate messing of the letters I couldn't care about the spacing. I do not belive that a 30 grand camera cannot spot that, for example ORG 45M and ORG45M contain the same characters... Its only glorified OCR, IMO they should spend more time hitting drivers with those stupid illegal aftermarket xenon's that blind you.

Whilst I disagree with misrepresented plates the government make way more money selling these plates then they would from fining the owners. The DVLA ask alot of money for certain plates that only mean anything if misrepresented anyone who is pulled for misrepresenting a plate should be given the option of a full refund for the number from the DVLA but that's never going to happen.

In my own defence to a certain character assassination from a certain poster who shall remain nameless (but talks in text), and being the apparent smart arse that I am, my first post made no mention of 'dobbing people in' - it said I'd take great pleasure in putting a ticket on it.

I totally accept that you are entitled to your opinion - I equally am entitled to mine.

Being clever I can spell properly as well :thumbup:

Am pleased for you pal you hav sum thing you can talk to why don't you talk to your rabbit instead of talking on here. Everyones open to an opinion if u don't like dodgey private plates or you do that's down to you but dobbin people in is ridiculous should be plenty of spelling mistakes for you in here to go thru see aw many you can find :thumbup:

Do we have many Czech viewers on Brisky who use the translate button?

Btw I see you acknowledge the plates wuz dodgey ;):D

It's not just number plates - it's the amount of effort exerted in finding a suitable parking space...

Cristiano Ronaldo:

C_71_article_1100783_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

John Terry:

johnterrysbadparking.jpg

Micah Richards:

article-0-01D58D7400000578-713_468x286.jpg

Wayne Rooney:

article-0-012C357600000578-893_468x286.jpg

Hang on - there's a closer connection than just the amount of cash! :rolleyes:

This thread rocks :thumbup:

On a seperate note from the pix above.

Pic1: looks like private land so no "offence" (legally) has been commited.

Pic 2: White road markings are advisory and not law

Pic3: We are unable to see the road markings/signage so we can not presume he is parked illegally.

Pic4: As 3

Dave

Pic3: We are unable to see the road markings/signage so we can not presume he is parked illegally.

Pic4: As 3

Dave

Pic3: Apart from the ticket he's picking up off the windscreen? But yes that's Deansgate and he's not allowed to park there, he might even be on the pavement.

Pic4: Wayno is outside Habitat/some Jewellers and ditto there's restrictions there too.

If you give me a bit of time on my decrepit works pc I'll dig up evidence from Google Streetview.

hth

The problem is less about any "offence" that may have been committed but the typical lack of decency in the consideration of others. I accept there may be occasions such as emergencies when there is no alternative to parking like this but in general these type of folks seem to think they are more important than everybody else.

This thread is hilarious - I come back to it every half an hour!

Or should I say:

Ths thred is alarius - i cm bk 2 it evry hlf hr :D

Glad you like it :thumbup:

There's nothing like a bit of friendly banter - and this is nothing like it :o

My two-penneth.

I can't be doing with 'personalised' number plates of any description. Why on earth these people think anyone cares that their name is 'D4VE N' or 'K3LLY' is beyond me - and the mis-spaced ones with extra bolts and here and there are just moronic. Similarly what's the point of plates with the model of the car in them like 'M3' or 'VRS'? I can see what kind of car you've got you idiot; the manufacturer has thoughtfully put a badge on the back stating it. Maybe it makes your car easier to find in a car park, but if you can't remember where you've parked, should you really be allowed out of the care home? That said, they're just another tax on those willing to pay for it so more fool them...

Text speak is for texting and not for forums, I hate it almost as much as hearing 'G-tards' talk to each other in the street.

My two-penneth.

I can't be doing with 'personalised' number plates of any description. Why on earth these people think anyone cares that their name is 'D4VE N' or 'K3LLY' is beyond me - and the mis-spaced ones with extra bolts and here and there are just moronic. Similarly what's the point of plates with the model of the car in them like 'M3' or 'VRS'? I can see what kind of car you've got you idiot; the manufacturer has thoughtfully put a badge on the back stating it. Maybe it makes your car easier to find in a car park, but if you can't remember where you've parked, should you really be allowed out of the care home? That said, they're just another tax on those willing to pay for it so more fool them...

Text speak is for texting and not for forums, I hate it almost as much as hearing 'G-tards' talk to each other in the street.

what about de badged vrs's with vrs plates? Would that elevate me from being an idiot?