Octavia Long delivery times

!! I got told about the new system by George at Benfields Harrogate when I put my order in on the 6th of September.

I'm not sure the dealership would have been in the dark right up until today. Someone is telling porkies somewhere.

The dealer were trying to clear as many cars before the shutdown on friday which they knew about and told me about...

They didn't know that it was happening earlier....(or so they say)

Either way i won't have my Scout this weekend !!

Im sure the new computer update is beneficial but somewhat disheartening when you would assume they want to clear what appears to be a backlog of orders and maybe do the upgrade over the christmas break. Never mind. Il just run up the miles on my p/x instead, allbeit im still sulking.

I haven't heard anything from my dealer about the date being brought forward. Yesterday he was hoping to have done all the tax and registration admin before Thursday which will enable it to come out of the system for collection at the weekend :confused:

First post! :)

Ordered my first ever Skoda (Black vRS Estate CR170 DSG) on 6th October, being built in week 49 so dealer says I probably won't be getting it now until the new year...if only my current tax didn't run out at the end of December :(

Seems like such a long time...

Don't worry abou the TAX, in the same way you can buy it to put it on a car, you can also take it off and get a refund for unused months.

Slight update on my order. Build date has now extended by one week from wk 51 to wk 52 so it will be mid Jan before I see it. This is still unconfirmed, it does not go to 'confirmed' until about 4 weeks before actual build.

Dealer has said he is having problems getting hold of VRS's at the moment

These, and Scout's, come from a different factory from all the other Octavia models

Slight update on my order. Build date has now extended by one week from wk 51 to wk 52 so it will be mid Jan before I see it. This is still unconfirmed, it does not go to 'confirmed' until about 4 weeks before actual build.

Spoke to my dealer today also, he said my order had jumped around a bit going from build week 49 to 51 and then back to 49 again. He said generally they were coming forward and that Skoda were trying really hard to deliver all orders placed before October by the end of December so as to avoid the VAT issue.

Well finally I have got a pick up date for mine, next Friday 20th been a long wait hope its worth it.

Is that not a long time for it to be sat at the dealers? Are you having something custom done to take that long?

Edited by Phil_P
spelling

Update! It's in the country and they are going to try to get it to the dealers by the end of the week.

No doubt the computer system thing is most inconvenient for them. But if it pushes through my delivery by a bit I shan't complain!

Of course, no point in counting chickens and all that .. I should know more on Wednesday. Then I can start getting excited!

OK. Now I can get excited! It's at the dealers (and nobody has confirmed or denied anything about the dreaded computer upgrade!)

I've arranged for the Skoda free 7 days insurance and the car should be taxed tomorrow morning. Then I'll talk with the salesman about picking it up. But since they're keen to get the things off the forecourt asap I don't imagine it will be too long. Result!

It it's a Saturday collection it will have been 10 weeks from the date I ordered it. Seems longer but I guess it could have been worse!

Edited by TomGoodheart

I confirmed the order of my VRS TSI DSG EST, (heated leather, sensors, privacy glass, blue tooth, silve rails, auto lights) on 17th October. I believe the dealer actually placed the order around 5th October following our initial discussions.

Anyway I spoke to the dealer yesterday and he gave me a confirmed build week of 48, last week in November. He also confirmed the shut down of the old ordering system and introduction of a new one next week.

He hoped to have my vehicle around third week December and seemed a bit suprised when I told him I didn't want it before January.:confused:

I initially wanted it registered in March but they wouldn't hold it that long so I'll have to settle for a 2010 reg date.

It's like Xmas revisited as a kid:P

Just need to sell mine now, anyone want an Audi?

Mines an Elegance 1.8 TSI DSG with 17" wheels and sports suspension. Its a company vehicle though so getting accurate dates from the lease guys has proved somewhat dfficult. It was ordered 26th August, and I was told an expected build date of 23rd October. Have just been told its with the dealer and I can have it anytime from the 24th Novemebr onwards. That just about 13 weeks in total which seems about average.

I can't wait to get my hands on it!!!!!:thumbup::D

We're always talking about the build date but how does this relate to sitting behind the wheel?

Build date x

Time to build is? About 24 hours to actually go down the production line

Delivery to uk is ? Roughly 2 weeks. Might be a bit longer if your car 'missed' a ferry across the North Sea

At dealership for how many days? They should be able to turn it around in 2 to 3 days for PDI, making plates, cleaning, and taxing car etc

Thanks

So from build date, add 3 weeks :)

He hoped to have my vehicle around third week December and seemed a bit suprised when I told him I didn't want it before January.:confused:

I am hoping my car does not arrive early as I would now like it to be a 2010 car

My dealer has said that Skoda UK will not force customers to take their cars in 2009 if the car arrives at the dealer after 14th December

SUK have advised dealers of this

We're always talking about the build date but how does this relate to sitting behind the wheel?

Build date x

Time to build is?

Delivery to uk is ?

At dealership for how many days?

Thanks

Mine was a Build Week 41, and I got it from the dealer at the end of Week 44. The dealer got it on Friday, and I got it on Saturday.

So from build date, add 3 weeks :)

My build was on Tuesday 20th October and my car was at the dealers yesterday. I will be able to collect it on Saturday (which allows the pre-delivery inspection and paperwork) so that's 3 1/2 weeks.

The 'additional' delay seems to have been due to it sitting around in Emden (awaiting a ferry to Blighty).

I've been in regular contact with the administrator at the dealership who allocated me plates early (though I understand they have all been told not to do this any longer!), and sent me the paperwork for DVLA registration. All I had to do when the car was at the dealers was confirm the free insurance so it could be taxed.

Mine's arrived!

I picked it up today - before the dreaded computer shutdown - ordered in August, built on 29/10.

:D

That's good - 2 weeks from build to collection :)

Enjoy the car :thumbup:

Mwahahah! I picked mine up today! Sadly since the weather has been rubbish I haven't properly played with it. But it was nice to drive, handled very well despite the wet and had enough oomph to get above the legal speed limit without me noticing *oops*

I think the only 'problem' I've had so far is my previous driving style (ancient car) leads me to slip the revs up beyond my 'target' of 3000 rpm quite easily. But it shouldn't take too long to get a hang of changing up a bit sooner.

And in a month or so it'll be 'run in' anyway.

Happy. Happy. Happy!

That's one thick manual! Of course, half the info doesn't seem to apply to my spec and it seems to differ in a few aspects (the flashing lights on locking remotely aren't quite as described and when unlocking the setup is for the driver's door to unlock on the first click rather than all of them for example ..)

But it's been useful in confirming the dealer has set up the daylight driving lights the way I anticipated .. things like that.

Then there's the manual for the Bolero to read once I've finished it. Hardly need to drive the car at all really .. I can read all about it instead! ;)