Octavia Long delivery times

Yes, that's true NOW, but until Skoda qualified their discount-speak, it was a relevant issue.

EG

If I sell a product for £10000+VAT at 15% that would be £11500. If the VAT rate changes, I would probably still sell my product (be it a car or whatever) for £10000+VAT at 17.5 = £11750. My terms of sale would probably state that any price given was subject to changes in the VAT rate, meaning I would not have to swallow the increase by reducing my profit margin.

SUK had a choice - swallow the increase in VAT for cars delivered & paid for after 1/1/10 or insist on getting the extra price increase from the customer (& leaving a very bad taste in the customers' mouths). They've obviously chosen good customer relations and have extended the discount to 31/1/10, thereby making the discount 17.5% for the final month.

Everybody got that? Good :D

Yep

:D

That said until my actual dealer says that I will not be paying the extra 2.5% I will assume that I will have to. Hope he is not stingy.

:thumbup:

oh and when I try and put an apostrophe in a sentance for words like inst and wont it brings up a bloomin search at the bottom of the browser. also left and right arrow keys dont (DAMN THING) work.

Its(arrgh) just when replying on this forum, dosnt (rubbish) happen elsewhere.

Ordered mine on 9/Sept (vRS CD170, DSG, BT with maxidot, Heated seats, Lights assist, Xenon, rear sensors). Originally build date given was late Nov.

Just spoken to dealer; build date is w48 (ie; w/c 23rd Nov) so still looking good.

I raised the point about (1) price increase since order (2) the original SKODA deal was 'delivery by 31/12' (3) VAT increase on 1/1/10, especially as I have nothing in writing other than a receipt. The verbal response was that Skoda were probably going to honour all orders at the agreed price.

Let's hope that they do for many of us. I'll be pleased as punch if they do - but it will leave a bad taste if they try and increase the agreed price for any reason.

Great news.....my VRS will have XDS:thumbup:

Bad news....it won't be built until the first week of Jan!!:weeping:

So I probably won't see it until the end of Jan!!!:orb_sad:

At least Skoda UK are picking up the extra 2.5%.

Ordered mine on 9/Sept (vRS CD170, DSG, BT with maxidot, Heated seats, Lights assist, Xenon, rear sensors). Originally build date given was late Nov.

Just spoken to dealer; build date is w48 (ie; w/c 23rd Nov) so still looking good.

I raised the point about (1) price increase since order (2) the original SKODA deal was 'delivery by 31/12' (3) VAT increase on 1/1/10, especially as I have nothing in writing other than a receipt. The verbal response was that Skoda were probably going to honour all orders at the agreed price.

Let's hope that they do for many of us. I'll be pleased as punch if they do - but it will leave a bad taste if they try and increase the agreed price for any reason.

Your order is similar to mine other than heated seats and Xenons

Mine was ordered 28th Sept with a build of week 51. Both dates 3 weeks after yours

My dealer has said that Skoda will pay the extra VAT if delivery is after 1-1-10

Also they will not force me to take the car in December if car arrives after 14th Dec

Great news.....my VRS will have XDS:thumbup:

Bad news....it won't be built until the first week of Jan!!:weeping:

So I probably won't see it until the end of Jan!!!:orb_sad:

At least Skoda UK are picking up the extra 2.5%.

Are you getting petrol or diesel?

When was it ordered

Was it dealer or Skoda who told you that it would have 'XDS' fitted

Edited by PowerMalc
Missed a word

Has everyone got the same story?? I ordered 24th august build date next week!!! delivery last week in nov or 1st week in dec! I pulling my hair out as Im using a mini for 2 plus 2 young kids plus pram!!:thumbdwn:

I placed my order on Sept 14th, called up my dealer yesterday and it's due on the production line this week. He said i'll have it last week of this month, so all in all looking at 10 weeks.

Only optional extras I had were Black paint and a spare wheel. I did quiz him about XDS and he hadn't got any idea what it actually was....

Has everyone got the same story?? I ordered 24th august build date next week!!! delivery last week in nov or 1st week in dec! I pulling my hair out as Im using a mini for 2 plus 2 young kids plus pram!!:thumbdwn:

That was 1 day after mine.And mines waiting to be picked up now so whats the delay on yours?

Not sure what delay is on mine, others who ordered around the same wk as mine are either waiting longer or even have their cars by now.

Must all depends on options or even maybe how big the dealerships are

Ordered mine on 15 August with metallic paint, Auto lights/wipers, Maxidot and MDI - built on the 29/10 and ready for pickup next week :D

There doesn't sem to be any real pattern or logic to the timeframes from what I can see. My 1.4 tsi was built on 20 October but probably won't be available to pick up for another two weeks. That'd be 11 weels from ordering.

It probably all depends on which factory your car is built at, which port it ships from and the moon phase on the day it's built. Unless there's an 'R' in the month. :rofl:

There doesn't sem to be any real pattern or logic to the timeframes from what I can see. My 1.4 tsi was built on 20 October but probably won't be available to pick up for another two weeks. That'd be 11 weels from ordering.

It probably all depends on which factory your car is built at, which port it ships from and the moon phase on the day it's built. Unless there's an 'R' in the month. :rofl:

NOVEMBER HAS AN 'R'

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :eek:

I'd agree. Most people still seem to be looking at 10-12 weeks regardless of model/spec etc. Mine is now looking like 13 weeks minimum but seems to be slightly longer than most.

About the only way you'd get anything significantly quicker is if your dealer is able to find a matching car already in the order pipeline that wasn't ordered for a customer (a dealer stock order), at which point they may be able to trade with the dealer who placed the order and get it for you as customer orders are supposed to take precedence.

When I placed my order for a stock 1.9 TDI SE estate with spare wheel, my dealer found a matching car in the order chain but not in the colour we wanted, so we decided to wait rather than opt for a silver one a few weeks earlier.

Ordered a brand new Octavia VRS 170 TD with manual gearbox, candy white paint, maxidot and autodimming mirrors, two weeks ago tomorrow. Spoke to the dealer yesterday and he said my car has a scheduled build date of 7th December which would have been about 7 weeks. With delivery a week or so after that. However he was fairly confident this would come forward and would update me next week

dan

My order: 1.8 Tsi Elegance Estate, multi function steering wheel + bluetooth, MDI, type pressure monitoring, metallic paint, ESP and a full sized spare wheel.

Order date : 28th Aug

Estimated build week : 49

Was hoping it was going to come forward but checked last week and it was still sitting around week 49. Given the two weeks of downtime for the factory software upgrades in November, doesn't look that likely for delivery this year :-(

Just rung my dealer (Garland) and have been told my car is now in the UK & awaiting transfer to the dealer.

I've also asked about the ESP being standard on DSG fitted vehicles & they said they'll check & if that's correct then they'll refund the £365 that I was charged for it or I can have the equivalent in accessories.

I requested that if that's the case can they add Mudflaps (F&R), Carpet Mats (F&R), Toolkit & Brace & Sound Absorber for the bonnet if it doesn't come with it. There's already £80 to add for a Reg. Transfer anyway.

Oh well December 2 is only about 3,5 weeks away... This will be the longest 3,5 weeks ever.

I requested that if that's the case can they add Mudflaps (F&R), Carpet Mats (F&R), Toolkit & Brace & Sound Absorber for the bonnet if it doesn't come with it. There's already £80 to add for a Reg. Transfer anyway.

The rear mudflaps {supposedly} don't fit right - the front ones are okay though and carpet mats are standard fit anyway.

That was 1 day after mine.And mines waiting to be picked up now so whats the delay on yours?

Not sure what the difference is, I can Only assume its the spec. What you odered? I waiting for an VRS TFSI dsg. in black with sunroof & leather . . .they must do different one each week?? Or may be its different factories.

ordered my Octy Vrs last friday, have just popped into the dealer as i was on the way past have told me that mine is "pencilled" in for build week the 2nd december. good news but also i am aware that it will be built and then be stuck somewhere over the xmas / new year break! never mind the origonal estimate was end of jan and i am happy with that. For those pondering on another thread i was told i wouldnt pay any more as VAT going up, once i signed that was the price i pay no matter what.

Well I have now been informed that my car should be at the dealers on Tuesday, paperwork for reg transfer is going to DVLA on Monday so dealer reckoned if they get their finders out I could possibly collect the car next weekend.

Of course knowing the DVLA they will take an age and it will be the weekend after!

I ordered mine on the 31st September. I've a confirmed build week from the dealer of week 49. Which is the end of November anyone know how long it takes to deliver from the factory?

I ordered mine on the 31st September. I've a confirmed build week from the dealer of week 49. Which is the end of November anyone know how long it takes to deliver from the factory?

If it was ordered on 31st September it may well be built in week 54 :rofl:

Thanks for starting my weekend with a smile :thumbup:

Well i probably wont be able to sleep 2nite as i pick my car up tomorrow.I ordered a Candy White VRS TDI Estate with the following options:

SILVER ROOF RAILS

PRIVACY GLASS

SPARE WHEEL

MDI

MAXIDOT

REAR SENSORS.

My car was actually registered on the 30th of October and i got the DVLA ownership thingy through yesterday:eek:

Hate to say this though is there not a problem with buyers getting there cars from around now due to the whole Volks/Skoda/Audi?Seat computer system getting changed meaning that no dealers can get there hands on the cars for approx 2 weeks??