Octavia Long delivery times

I placed my order for 1.8TSI on Sept 26th - was told there and then that this should be available in 10 weeks at most (by 5th Dec). If I ordered the 1.4 or 1.6 then I was looking at Feb!!!!

So far so good, was given a build week of 45, all confirmed as built then and shipped also.

Now am just awaiting the dealer to return my calls/ emails about the new tracking system as nothing heard for a few weeks since this has gone active. If its in Sheerness docks when he checks tomorrow then I'm picking her up next week. Can't wait to get rid of my Micra lol

I placed my order for 1.8TSI on Sept 26th - was told there and then that this should be available in 10 weeks at most (by 5th Dec). If I ordered the 1.4 or 1.6 then I was looking at Feb!!!!

So far so good, was given a build week of 45, all confirmed as built then and shipped also.

Now am just awaiting the dealer to return my calls/ emails about the new tracking system as nothing heard for a few weeks since this has gone active. If its in Sheerness docks when he checks tomorrow then I'm picking her up next week. Can't wait to get rid of my Micra lol

Mine was built on week 45 and is still in Czech!!??!!??

Did you not see my post right before yours? Perhaps their particular system may have crashed, that I cannot say, but stock movements have definitely restarted again otherwise I wouldn't be picking up my car on Thursday.

I can confirm that the new tracking system has been installed and vehicle movements have now resumed and therefore I'm picking up my car on Thursday! Yay!!!!!!!!111one

Did you not see my post right before yours? Perhaps their particular system may have crashed, that I cannot say, but stock movements have definitely restarted again otherwise I wouldn't be picking up my car on Thursday.

Yours post was'nt there when I started writing mine.Thanks for the info.Matt

I can confirm that the new tracking system has been installed and vehicle movements have now resumed and therefore I'm picking up my car on Thursday! Yay!!!!!!!!111one

I had a call last night on my order - Elegance 1.8TSI DSG, picking it up Saturday, so thats only taken 9 weeks.

I had a call last night on my order - Elegance 1.8TSI DSG, picking it up Saturday, so thats only taken 9 weeks.

Good for you. You must have ordered yours the same time as me, and mine's not even built yet. Will have been 10 weeks this weekend :(

Mine was ordered on 1st Sep and got a call yesterday to say I can pick it up 11th Dec, so that's 14 weeks from order.Seen as I was told 10 - 12 weeks max I'm not too happy but at least I know when I'm getting it. Mine was built Week 45 for comparision??? Anyone getting theres sooner?

Im about the same as you, ordered 24/08/09 built week 45/46 hopefully getting in next 2 weeks. Its been nearly 14 weeks so far!!!! So its going to be 15-16 weeks total Has anyone had to wait longer??????? Or am I the worst????

Edited by PTN0301
er

Just returned from a week abroad and the delivery dates seem to be sliding back again.I ordered on 8 Sept and still haven't had a confirmed deivery date though it was supposedly being built in week 49.To those who have ordered in Sept and are now being told it will be a 2010 delvery how has the dealer left it with regards to :- the original VAT free equivalent offer was for delivery before 31 Dec- the VAT increase- the October price increase.Are dealers confirming that there will be no impact on the original agreed price or are they holding some and not others.

I'm in pretty much the same boat - ordered in sept, supposedly being built week 49 and now looking suspect as to whether it will be a Dec or Jan delivery. I bought under the scrappage scheme so no VAT offer to protect me. My dealer told me he will be very disappointed if Skoda can't deliver the car before Jan, and that theoretically I'd be liable for the extra VAT. He told me that they would be pressurising Skoda to absorb the extra increase but I got the impression they don't really know what will happen yet. They won't want lots of cars sat around if customers walk away rather than pay the extra. I'll talk more to my dealer about this next week.

Here's the latest from WhatCar on the VAT issue: http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/vat-rate-change-confuses-everyone/245228

To me it still seems to all boil down to if your dealer is able to invoice you for the car before 1st Jan (and then it's between you and the dealer as to when you settle the invoice). As I was originally given an estimated delivery date of 1 Dec on my order form, I will be expecting my dealer to do the right thing by me, one way or another.

Just returned from a week abroad and the delivery dates seem to be sliding back again.I ordered on 8 Sept and still haven't had a confirmed deivery date though it was supposedly being built in week 49.To those who have ordered in Sept and are now being told it will be a 2010 delvery how has the dealer left it with regards to :- the original VAT free equivalent offer was for delivery before 31 Dec- the VAT increase- the October price increase.Are dealers confirming that there will be no impact on the original agreed price or are they holding some and not others.

Same as, ordered mine (2.0TSI with DSG) told week 49, delivery 1st January Which the dealer is currently sticking to !, i`m buggered if im driving to UK from Germany on NYD though. no effect on price though due to it being tax-free.

Out of interest, how many of you view the car and also test it, before payment and collection? Do you visit the car first to test it, then revisit to pay and collect or all in one day??

Out of interest, how many of you view the car and also test it, before payment and collection? Do you visit the car first to test it, then revisit to pay and collect or all in one day??

If I'm getting a brand new car, I would try and go to see it before I collected usually as soon as it is delivered to the dealer.

Never felt the need to actually drive it before it becomes mine.

On day of collection I will carefully inspect and check car over before I paid the money or sign finance agreement

I always try to collect early in the morning just in case I find something wrong which then gives them time to fix the problem before the end of the day